Werewolf XXV (VILLAGE WINS, TANNER WINS, MUDD MVP)

There are worse ways to spend the time, but not many.

Postby mudd » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:45 am

he's not working with TE, he's working with me. i gave him some advice, tried to set him up a slot in the blaze of glory. he doesn't seem to really want it, though, so it'd be fine to leave him out of the shitshow if you think he's being honest about tanner. unless there's a real tanner so AFK as to let this go down, i think he is.

i still think electing VHB is the best way of checking all suspects. it doesn't help is the wolf is one of these idlers in the shadows, but by electing VHB you can be 100% sure to kill the wolf by tomorrow if it's one of him, myself, werd, or lame sayings. if you elect LoD and he hits village, you still have two suspects tomorrow instead of 1. who do we elect tomorrow to finish the job?

m
mudd

Postby lame sayings » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:01 pm

you weren't the only one i was in contact with trying to evil it up.
oh sadness rising like wild ducks
lame sayings

Postby mudd » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:07 pm

well obviously i can't validate that, but i agree with ankh that TE probably wouldn't talk to you at all.

m
mudd

Postby VHB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:13 pm

OOOooooOOOOOooooo LOD and I agree on shooting Laserwolf tonight so it doesn't really matter which of us has 6 as long as one of us does and thus somebody is able to do so, But he's up 3 to 1 right now so that'd be quicker/easier oooOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOO
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

bill wrote:every hooker deserves an Oscar for faking orgasms i swear to god
VHB
VHS

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Alright for those who feel they arent in the know or dont know whats going on I'll try to be forthright about everything that has happened with me so far:

- I basically did nothing but sit and watch for two days. I was hoping to get turned to a wolf, as I said before. At the very least, going silent for a few days typically keeps me from getting lynched.

- I had brief contact with only a handful of players. Ecto a little, where I told him I knew nothing. Later he asked why I voted for surly and I said it's because he hadn't voted and I wanted to see what he did. He also had been ignoring me for the beginning of the game, which is something he never really does.I also like to think I know surly a little bit better than most of you and I figured if I voted for him he'd get all pissed at me and yell at me publicly/privately. He did neither. He also told me that if he were a wolf that he would turn me because "I'm a proven great werewolf". Surly doesnt butter me up.

- The only person who was clearly good to me after a day or two was stake, and then ecto because he seemed to be following along in good faith.

-I initially vote for VHB for mayor because lets face it, VHB is the most fun player and he would be entertaining at the least. Stake privately reaches out to me asking me to chnge my vote to him, I trust stake so I oblige.

- VHB messaged me a grand total of 1 time, which is far less than he normally does. That's a bummer because he's a fun guy to talk to. The only message he sent me was an unprovoked message devoid of pleasantries urging me to change my vote from surly (now proven wolf) to stakeout (now proven villager). This was yesterday morning, right after midnight. Whether it's because VH was pissed at stake for going in on him or he actually believed stake was a wolf or VH is fucking with us is unclear to me.

- It's clear as day that stake is going to die

- ecto, now publicly tied with stake, fears for his life and tells me his three primary suspects (in order). I lay them out in the thread after he is killed and revealed to be the new seer. I have no knowledge of whether ecto was able to scan anyone and if he did I certainly do not know who it is.

-ecto and stake may very well have been working together in private but I can assure you, I was not working with them really in any capacity. The notion that I am operating in some sort of inner circle that is being exclusionary is patently false. My votes for surly were my own and I moved to elect stake because he made sense and honestly, in my opinion stake goes out of his way to let you know he's a villager when he is one (like me). I trusted him. I may very well have changed it back to VH if he bothered to talk to me at all, but I've covered that already.

- Seeing as the only person I had a real read on was surly, I oblige my fallen comrade and vote up mudd and elect myself mayor, as I think it's pretty clear that I'm the only guaranteed villager here at this point.

- I send individual messages to mudd, werd, vhb and lame sayings because they are the ones who look fishy. Well, aside from everyone else who signed up and then ghosted.

- Mudd, another guy who usually at least pops in to say hi, does not contact me at all until after I vote for him and contact him in private to get his account of everything.
I dont know if it is because he was initially wary of me and wanted to steer clear or it was because he was a dang wolf. Anyway, we've been talking quite a bit today and honestly I think his intentions are good. He's the only person who has tried to constructively parse things out with me and, though we havent been agreeing on things to this point, he at least has admitted that it's pretty much impossible that I'm a bad dude and he's been trying to work with/help me. I'm less inclined to lynch him considering all the new stuff thats been brought to light.

-werd and I have been talking a lot today and I'm pretty certain he is not a wolf. He is talking a very defeated game and feels embarassed about his decisions and claims he just wants to be put out his misery. This behavior is definitely uncharacteristic of werd but it seems genuine to me.

- After I publicly asked the witch to contact me, lame sayings reached out immediately claiming to be the witch. Didn't even dip his toes in, went full on dive. Red flag number one. I asked who he protected each night and he said N1- stake (red flag #2) N2- ankh (red flag #3) N3- stake (ditto) N4- me (come onnnnn). Mudd then reveals to me that he knows the identity of the witch, gives me a name (not lame sayings). At this point I'm certain lame sayings is lying to me and then he goes in the thread and drops that he is in fact the tanner.

- Right before this happened I was considering the merits of revealing both witch claims but lame sayings made that part easy I guess.

- The other witch claim and I get to chatting and that person reveals that they were indeed in a group with stake and ecto. It appears there was at least a small unit operating together, but again, I was not included.

-Lame sayings reveals to me that he was intentionally trying to sound suspicious in our conversation so I would discover that he wasnt what he said he was. If this is true it worked, but that seems insane. Tanner is a tough role I guess.

- Lame sayings insinuates that the surly was in fact the wolf who was turned on the blood moon to me, and not the original wolf.

- After talking with someone I start to become suspicious of Gutslab.

- Mudd lays out a plan to me that, honestly, makes a good amount of sense. It is as follows:

With an elected hunter, we basically have the opportunity to discover the true identities of 6 players before the next possible Blood Moon. If we lynch someone and hunter kill someone, we eliminate 2 of our 4/5 suspects. We can then do the same thing the following night and cross two more off our list. Here's the kicker though, I think it's pretty obvious that I am a villager. If you don't believe me at this point, I dont know what to tell you, you suck at this. This however, presents a bit of an issue. If we assume that I am good, then I can definitely take a shot and possibly kill someone. I will do it and there's a good chance I take down a villager. So this is what I am proposing. We should elect VHB as mayor rather than myself. The reasoning is that, considering some people suspect him a bit, he would be put in a tough situation if he were actually a wolf. A wolf hunter cant kill anyone, its as simple as that. So we make VHB hunter today. If nobody is shot, we kill him. Maybes hes a wolf, maybes hes a villager looking to sabotage, maybe hes even the real tanner. Either way, we'll lynch him the following day, no questions asked.

He wants to kill werd, he's certain hes the wolf. I am less so, as I previously stated. However, werd has made it clear to me that he wants out of this game regardless. He feels he has doomed the village, played horribly, and wants out. At this point, I say we oblige him to move forward. If he's a wolf, fuck yeah, we win. If not, at least we can move on. He doesnt have the energy to contribute much so it seems like a necessary evil.

I realize this is a lot to digest but I wanted to get it all out there. Of course, the big thing bout this plan is that it requires some of you to get off your asses and actually make fucking vote, and honestly I dont have faith in a lot of you to do that.

Anyway, lets talk about this.
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:18 pm

For the time being

lame sayings

lod

vhb
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:19 pm

And again, in the event that werd is a villager, I'm starting to become really suspicious of Gutslab
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:20 pm

If this plan somehow fails and I've been conned at least I'm going down swinging instead of standing by doing nothing
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:21 pm

Oh yes, it goes without saying that I urge those who have voted for me change their for votes to VHB
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:25 pm

lod you forgot the grey text
palmer eldritch

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:28 pm

I dont know what that means
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby VHB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:29 pm

Mudd

lame sayings

lod

vhb

Just to keep ties broken.

I am now up 3-1 for hunter but need 6 (of 11). I will shoot Laserwolf tonight. If Laserwolf is a villager i will be stripped and we will have to elect someone else, who will have one bullet left and they can shoot whoever they want because it will close out the shooting mechanic either way. If I fail to shoot I should be lynched (so, Witch, please do not protect Laserwolf tonight as you would effectively frame me. Which WOULD be kinda funny, but also tactically unsound]).

If Laserwolf is the wolf the game ends in village victory.

this also puts Lame Sayings up 4-2 over Mudd for the lynch (with 5 votes to go). Both were on our deceased seer's sus list. Either seems acceptable, though Lame Sayings claims tanner so assuming that's true it makes a difference to him. :)
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

VHB
VHS

Postby VHB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:30 pm

lordofdiapers wrote:I dont know what that means

Filibuster

VHB
VHS

Postby mudd » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:34 pm

i am 100% in agreement with LoD's post. i will stand for lynch or shot tomorrow, but for now VHB for mayor, lame sayings to die, and LoD for villager of the year.

(these are the same votes i made when proposing the plan, so i won't change them here)

m
mudd

Postby lame sayings » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:37 pm

rescind lod
vote vhb
oh sadness rising like wild ducks
lame sayings

Postby Gutslab » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Last edited by Gutslab on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gutslab

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:40 pm

Lame sayings is insinuating that the wolf may know the identity of our witch so time is a factor here
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby Ampersand » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:42 pm

Lynch:
5 lame sayings
1 mudd

Hunter (6 votes to elect):
5 VHB
1 lod
Ampersand

Postby werd » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:43 pm

lame sayings

vhb
night moves wrote:I will not be made fun of by someone who watches animes

hologram wrote:basically burn down your local whole foods and punch a cop because the galaxy don't give a fuck
werd
cooler than laserblast

Postby VHB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:45 pm

So after Laserwolf's recast I now have:

LS, LOD, VHB, Mudd, Laserwolf for VHB Hunter (5)

gutslab for LOD hunter (1)

gutslab, VHB, LOD, Lame Sayings, Mudd, Laserwolf for lynching Lame Sayings (6)

Metersk, Fuckles, TES, Ankh, and Geoff yet to vote for lynch or for hunter

VHB
VHS

Postby VHB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Gutslab, please switch your hunter vote from LOD to me.

Or, alternately, Ankh, Fuckles, Geoff, Metersk, or TES, please make your presence known and your vote count.

VHB
VHS

Postby Geoff » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:47 pm

lame sayings

vhb
Geoff
i like jazz

Postby Ampersand » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Gutslab's hunter vote is for you.
Ampersand

Postby VHB » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you, Geoff.

Ampersand wrote:Gutslab's hunter vote is for you.

Oh, cool.

Okay, so I have 7-0 out of 11 to be Hunter

and Lame Sayings has 7-0 out of 11 to be lynched

We should be set as long as nobody moves around.

VHB
VHS

Postby Ampersand » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:54 pm

I'm going to be away from the computer around 8 again (sorry), so we can either end the day early (if all votes are in and everyone is satisfied with their choices) or we'll have to wait until 11 or so for results. Up to you!
Ampersand

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:01 pm

I vote that we proceed but I dont think thats surprising
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby Ankh » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:21 pm

lame sayings

vhb
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby Ankh » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:22 pm

i'd like to add fuckles' name to the suspect list btw

or second it if it was already on there
Ankh
senior fellow

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:22 pm

I think it's safe to say we can move on here
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Yes its pretty weird that fuckles was all gung ho and participatory for the first time in his life and now is nowhere to be found
lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

PreviousNext

Return to Board Games