noir as fuck

Re: Official 2012 GOP Primaries Shitshow

Postby (^_^) tasty » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 pm

If you were at CPAC you could eat a piece of this delicious Reagan cake:

t a k e e c s t a s y w i t h m e b a a a a a by
(^_^) tasty

Postby Jeremy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Eating your dead god's body is a fine ritual.
Jeremy

Postby came to wreck » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:41 am

i miss bobby jindal
grammatron wrote:Fuck off came to wreck.
came to wreck

Postby universe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:23 am

Current Favorable/Unfavorable ratings for the Republican field.

Look at that shit.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.co ... ial-field/
universe
our rachel maddow

Postby universe » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:26 am

Silver:

In the previous five competitive primaries ... each party had at least two candidates whose net favorability ratings were in the positive double digits. All five times, also, the nominee came from among one of the candidates in this group. Republicans have no such candidates at this point in time.

Meanwhile, the Republicans have two candidates in Ms. Palin and Mr. Gingirch whose net favorability ratings are actually in the double-digit negatives, something which since 2000 had only been true of Pat Buchanan and Al Sharpton.
universe
our rachel maddow

Postby fresh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:38 am

i'm a registered republican and i totally agree with this:

http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/ ... contenders
"Proof that I am not an indie rock snob: I really don't like the Shins."
fresh

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:53 am

will say it again: huckabee, pawlenty or thune
the beginning of the beginning of the end of the beginning
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:54 pm

LOOKS LIKE MITTENS' IN IT TO WIN IT

Mitt Romney may seem like the ultimate square, but he reportedly had a pretty hip encounter in Las Vegas on Tuesday: a lunch with Brandon Flowers, the eyeliner-wearing frontman of The Killers.
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby BlackSugar » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm

MrDecember wrote:
FidelityCastro wrote:I still can't really wrap my head around that santorum family picture being real

here's another great one from the same event:

that doll knows the score
in fact she is the only one
I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar

Postby BlackSugar » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 pm

I come like a thousand doves
BlackSugar

Postby Zwischenzug » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:will say it again: huckabee, pawlenty or thune

I'm starting to think that Huckabee is not running, and if he does it's going to be a very lazy campaign. At this point I would say Pawlenty, Romney, or Thune. Barbour or Santorum are going to be the movement picks.
Zwischenzug

Postby Hal Jordan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:LOOKS LIKE MITTENS' IN IT TO WIN IT

Mitt Romney may seem like the ultimate square, but he reportedly had a pretty hip encounter in Las Vegas on Tuesday: a lunch with Brandon Flowers, the eyeliner-wearing frontman of The Killers.

both are mormons.
well that was intense
Hal Jordan

Postby emotional fascism » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:13 pm

MrDecember wrote:
FidelityCastro wrote:I still can't really wrap my head around that santorum family picture being real

here's another great one from the same event:

emotional fascism

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Hal Jordan wrote:both are mormons.

i know

i guess he's trying to wrap up the GOP "washed up mormon throwback alt-pop-rock" vote pretty early
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Jeremy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Santorum and his wife, Karen Garver Santorum, have seven children: Elizabeth Anne (born 1991); Richard John ("Johnny"), Jr. (born 1993); Daniel James (born 1995); Sarah Maria (born 1998); Peter Kenneth (born 1999); Patrick Francis (born 2001); and Isabella "Bella" Maria (born 2008). Bella was subsequently diagnosed with Trisomy 18, a serious genetic disorder which is fatal before birth in 90 per cent of cases.[10] In 1996, their son Gabriel Michael was born prematurely and lived for only two hours (a sonogram taken before Gabriel was born revealed that his posterior urethral valve was closed and that the prognosis for his survival was therefore poor).

Karen Santorum wrote a book about the experience: Letters to Gabriel: The True Story of Gabriel Michael Santorum.[11] In it, she writes that the couple brought the deceased infant home from the hospital and introduced the dead child to their living children as "your brother Gabriel" and slept with the body overnight before returning it to the hospital. The anecdote was also written about by Michael Sokolove in a 2005 New York Times Magazine story on Santorum.[1] Karen is also the author of a book on etiquette for children.[12]

Uh.
Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm

It occurs to me that his daughter is probably weeping so hard in that picture because he spent her whole life to that point telling her that homosexuals will obliterate the country if he ever loses an election.
Jeremy

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Jeremy wrote:
Santorum and his wife, Karen Garver Santorum, have seven children: Elizabeth Anne (born 1991); Richard John ("Johnny"), Jr. (born 1993); Daniel James (born 1995); Sarah Maria (born 1998); Peter Kenneth (born 1999); Patrick Francis (born 2001); and Isabella "Bella" Maria (born 2008). Bella was subsequently diagnosed with Trisomy 18, a serious genetic disorder which is fatal before birth in 90 per cent of cases.[10] In 1996, their son Gabriel Michael was born prematurely and lived for only two hours (a sonogram taken before Gabriel was born revealed that his posterior urethral valve was closed and that the prognosis for his survival was therefore poor).

Karen Santorum wrote a book about the experience: Letters to Gabriel: The True Story of Gabriel Michael Santorum.[11] In it, she writes that the couple brought the deceased infant home from the hospital and introduced the dead child to their living children as "your brother Gabriel" and slept with the body overnight before returning it to the hospital. The anecdote was also written about by Michael Sokolove in a 2005 New York Times Magazine story on Santorum.[1] Karen is also the author of a book on etiquette for children.[12]

Uh.

prob will play well with the base
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby FidelityCastro » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:28 pm

jesus
FidelityCastro

Postby Jeremy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm

I having a hard time figuring out what the maximally reprehensible ticket would be.
Jeremy

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:31 pm

bachmann/santorum overdrive
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby important dentist » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:47 pm

didn't bush get to hang out with his miscarried brother in a jar or something
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."
important dentist

Postby Mr Spaceship » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:59 pm

I believe that by next year's first primaries attention will shift from unelectable candidates with baggage to more serious contenders, Pawlenty, Thune, Daniels. I don't know anything about Thune, it seems like he lacks any sort of clout with the GOP on a National level. I think it will be between Pawlenty and Daniels (if Daniels runs). Both are more serious about beating Obama than candidates like Palin or Santorum. Barring a problem in a continued moderate recovery or a terrorist attack, I don't see any reason why they would be elected - Daniels was Bush's budget director. Even if this wasn't the case, I think Obama defending HCR on his own terms during debates will convince most moderates, and none of these Republican candidates are willing to stand up to their wacko base and let the tax cut extension for the wealthy expire. It will just be an indefensible position for most people, after the budget cuts of the next two years.
Last edited by Mr Spaceship on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One flyer asked God to “please remove from upon us the plague of the
artists, so that we shall not drown in evil waters, and so that they
shall not come to our residence to ruin it.’’
Mr Spaceship

Postby Jeremy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Hal Jordan wrote:this guy is really nuts. he thinks "leftists" are out to destroy America. A lot of people agree with him.

From his thread "The Fundamental Psychology of the Left"
Ask yourself if you have EVER met a conservative who was not someone that met their deceased sibling.

Look, the root of the word Conservatism is the word CONSERVE. Conservatives wish to CONSERVE their siblings in jars, and I guess also traditions & ideals that make the USA the indispensable nation. Conservatives tend to be traditionalists, they love and respect the rhythms of traditional American life and their deceased jarred siblings...

Leftists recoil from such things. It's instinctive to their fundamental destructive nature. Leftism is about DESTRUCTION, it's about toppling the established order, it's about blowing shit up ! It's about getting REVENGE against Dad or the High School Quarterback that got all the best-looking girls or that girl who wouldn't talk to them in 8th grade or the guy that threw out their dead sibling instead of introducing them. This is why Leftists are ALWAYS on the OFFENSIVE and Conservatives are always defending American traditions, principles and ideals and their dead siblings. They are bitter , failed people with SERIOUS psychological issues. They have organized themselves around the principle that they have a right to take your shit, what more evidence do you need?

It is completely natural for a Leftist to ruin a good man with charges of racism. it is completely natural for leftists to extend the charge to The Tea Party. It is completely natural for Leftists to then call them murderers. They are not restrained by any traditional interpretation of personal honor. It's quite an advantage, to view Man as God,themselves as Noble beings, their opponents as needing to be saved (by them of course) and observing no objective truth. They are RAGING against a world that has fundamentally wronged them, and politics are their last hope to right the wrongs the world has heaped upon them.

In the end, stripped of all the noble fairy tales, all The Left has is RAGE and personal FAILURE.

Jeremy

Postby hbb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 pm

important dentist wrote:didn't bush get to hang out with his miscarried brother in a jar or something

Daddy please hear this song that I sing
hbb

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:03 pm

yeah if daniels runs, i'd consider him a serious contender. he's already getting a ton of shit from the tea party about his proposed "truce" on social positions though.
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Durham » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm

why are you all into acting like a pundit buzz
Durham

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 pm

because i'm actually Image
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Jeremy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Here's Haley Barbour explaining that he's not going to denounce a plan by some fellow Mississippians to issue a state license plate honoring KKK founder Nathan Bedford Forrest:

Mississippi NAACP president Derrick Johnson said it's "absurd" to honor a "racially divisive figure" such as Forrest. Johnson has also called on Barbour to denounce the license plate idea.

Asked about the NAACP's stance Tuesday, Barbour replied: "I don't go around denouncing people. That's not going to happen. I don't even denounce the news media."

I love that formulation -- I don't even denounce the news media. You'd think your ultimate proof of a policy of non-denunciation would be, you know, the Klan. As in: I won't even denounce the KKK, so why should I denounce the media? But for Barbour it's the other way around.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-chait/83593/reductio-ad-barbourum
Jeremy

PreviousNext

Return to Free-for-all