Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Sobieski » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:11 am

this is a very boring video relatively but I encourage everybody to take a deep dive into the magic of argentine ants
smoke less weed
get more sleep
always tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Autarch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:21 am

Sobieski I appreciate the video and found it interesting. The huge super colony is amazing.

I've been playing legend of zelda: breath of the wild. Like every zelda game, the whole in-game universe is filled to the brim with stupid, monomaniacal NPC's. People who just go and do their one thing all day. People who just want one insanely stupid thing in life. "I just want to see a palm fruit. If you can bring me a palm fruit, I will give you 100 rupees and be insanely happy." Shit like that. And then I realized: that's us. We are all just like them. We all just do our one little thing, go to the same job day in and day out for our whole life. It's insane. We are all faceless NPC's comprising an absurd world where nothing matters. Well, maybe things do matter. No they don't. Let's put it this way. Sometimes I care about things; other times I don't. Whether or not I care has no bearing on whether those things matter in a "greater" sense. But you all knew that already. The point is this: I have always seen people in the Zelda universe as incredibly shallow and stupid, but only now do I realize that caring about just one thing, no matter how tiny or asinine, is infinitely deeper than not wanting anything in particular out of life. Or even if I do want something out of life, not finding the strength to go after it. All the introspection in the world couldn't compare to the power of having a dream or a desire. I would give anything to say be able to sincerely tell someone "Hey, if you can show me a picture of a yam, that would make my whole world brighter."
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby john plainman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:54 am

whats your one thing, autarch?
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby john plainman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 am

i just want my son to go to sleep. if you can put him to sleep, that will change my life.
john plainman

Postby terrific bedwetter » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:03 am

Sobieski wrote:

Only on certain days do I feel able to pass judgement on ant society in the like momentary conjunction of a feeling and a thought

I feel like spending a few days of life on studying ant colonies would be a worthwhile thing to do, and the whole world by ecology I'd measure

There's a fun article somewhere online, I can't find it, that retells the history of a ant colony and how it battled with its neighbours all from the perspective of the colony or like... a war reporter. Its a fun read- wish I could find it

For all its ills, I like that the music uploads on Youtube are typically accompanied by their album art. When the sidebar recommendations are doing their thing they are full of album art, and when you choose a track there is the album art big and front and center
terrific bedwetter

Postby galactagogue » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

Autarch wrote:LIstening to great music while sitting down and drinkning cheap beer is the best part of life.

i'm doing the morning version of this and it makes me so grateful that I live alone and get up in silence and sip my coffee, play some jams, and be a mute for the first hour of my day.
...ive said too much
galactagogue

Postby Autarch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:14 am

john plainman wrote:whats your one thing, autarch?

I don't have a thing. That's the problem. Yours is good though. Wanting your son to go to sleep is small and simple, but also definitely relatable and important enough to be worthy of being the "one thing".

galactagogue wrote:
Autarch wrote:LIstening to great music while sitting down and drinkning cheap beer is the best part of life.

i'm doing the morning version of this and it makes me so grateful that I live alone and get up in silence and sip my coffee, play some jams, and be a mute for the first hour of my day.

yeah living alone rules. Love having a place where I feel safe enough to do things like this. Listening in the morning is a different experience from listening at night. It gives a more optimistic feeling. I listened to Otis Redding on the good speakers this morning.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:50 am

nobody is better than Koo Nimo. His music is basically perfect and he even made a song about ants!

Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Sobieski » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 am

The youtube algorithm is getting better lately I feel like
smoke less weed
get more sleep
always tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Sobieski » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 am

"tell me your secrets" I say to it
smoke less weed
get more sleep
always tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby i am rich » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:21 am

im so glad i havent started to get targeted ads based on the stuff i have to google for work yet
i am rich

Postby Autarch » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 pm

have a decision to make so I thought I'd mull it over with a bowl of the icky sticky green god-plant. Is it better to take a job with more money, or a job where the work is more interesting and the people are cooler? I'm leaning toward the latter.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:24 pm

I accidentally ruined twin peaks by watching 2 episodes out of order before the whole season was done downloading. Rookie mistake. I hate myself.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Sobieski » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:56 pm

When you say something to another person do you say it in a way that the other person can understand or in a way that's closer to the idea of the thing in your own mind, even though the other person might not understand all of what you were saying?
smoke less weed
get more sleep
always tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Sobieski » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Autarch wrote:I accidentally ruined twin peaks by watching 2 episodes out of order before the whole season was done downloading. Rookie mistake. I hate myself.

Haven't watched The Return yet. I kind of want to want it watch but I don't really want to inhabit that world that much.
It still might be good even though you watched it out of order
smoke less weed
get more sleep
always tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Shalabi » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Autarch wrote:have a decision to make so I thought I'd mull it over with a bowl of the icky sticky green god-plant. Is it better to take a job with more money, or a job where the work is more interesting and the people are cooler? I'm leaning toward the latter.

I’ve had both and would take the 2nd option unless the 1st was life changing money
Shalabi

Postby terrific bedwetter » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Shalabi wrote:
Autarch wrote:have a decision to make so I thought I'd mull it over with a bowl of the icky sticky green god-plant. Is it better to take a job with more money, or a job where the work is more interesting and the people are cooler? I'm leaning toward the latter.

I’ve had both and would take the 2nd option unless the 1st was life changing money

Yeah being chill and having good people around day-to-day is worth the price of admission
terrific bedwetter

Postby Autarch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:50 pm

Yeah, I chose that option. As my step-brother told me: your sanity is worth more than 15k. I start thursday.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Tetradyne » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:15 am

What's a chill amount of acid to take? I have it in little things that look like paper. Should I half it or quarter it? Just take two? What's the good amount to have?
Tetradyne

Postby Autarch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:28 am

Sobieski wrote:
Autarch wrote:I accidentally ruined twin peaks by watching 2 episodes out of order before the whole season was done downloading. Rookie mistake. I hate myself.

Haven't watched The Return yet. I kind of want to want it watch but I don't really want to inhabit that world that much.
It still might be good even though you watched it out of order

yeah it's fine. I just watched episodes 3 and 4 of season 2 before I watched 1 and 2. No biggie. I'm like 75% done with season 2. this is the best show I've ever seen.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby trigross » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:39 am

should I get stoned and watch a mission impossible movie
trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby john plainman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 am

definitely, certainly, yes
john plainman

Postby john plainman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:42 am

Tetradyne wrote:What's a chill amount of acid to take? I have it in little things that look like paper. Should I half it or quarter it? Just take two? What's the good amount to have?

impossible to say, as the strength of those "little things" can vary so wildly.

i would take half, see how it makes you feel, then wait at least a week and adjust the dose from there. better than melting your face off and taking a trip thru hell and back
john plainman

Postby trigross » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:10 am

damn I need to get some acid for the fall
trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby new blood, old hat » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:19 am

Congrats on the new job autarch :D
new blood, old hat
ok

Postby Autarch » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Thanks, new blood. Never done acid. Is it cool/where do people get it? Used to be able to buy stuff on the darknet but now idk.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby Autarch » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:33 am

i often have overwhelming feelings of love and nowhere to direct it so I hold it all inside of me. Is it possible to do this so much that you die because there is too much love inside of you? I'm doing it right now. I feel deep love right now. It's like my body doesn't care that there is nobody for me to love; it just gives me the feeling anyway.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby john plainman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:36 am

i think the next step is going to rainbow gathering and learning how to scam people

jk, that sounds nice. you reminded me of a time where i used to get feelings like that but its been years since it happened :cry:
john plainman

Postby Autarch » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:40 am

John, I want to congratulate you on making post #420 in this thread. Here's to 420 more.
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby john plainman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:42 am

nice, i just unlocked the permanently stoned trait
john plainman

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....