Boardwalk Empire - HBO

The primary forum for general discussion of Hipinion.com

Postby clwon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 pm

saw the accident coming but didn't think he'd kill the guy/still not sure if he used the wrong chemicals or just murdered him with laxative
aka piss chalet aka Mercedes Benzo
clwon
business is very food

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm

oh i was pretty sure dude would end up dead

guess i deserve a cookie
the beginning of the beginning of the end of the beginning
Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby sevenarts » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:became pretty clear to me when he was looking through all the different medicines and a few of them had the poison logo

yeah after that i knew what was coming. though i briefly thought the girl was gonna go take a drink instead/as well.
sevenarts

Postby clwon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:13 pm

he was such a dick to that girl

kid cared more about ruining this punk than getting with his sweetie. what a doof.
clwon
business is very food

Postby dr. badvibes » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:13 pm

i agree it was predictable, but when they actually had him go shit himself instead of immediately dying i was like, "oh how refreshing, the kid actually is good at chemistry"
dr. badvibes

Postby wendy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:27 pm

I think watching Dawson's Creek and Buffy made me super perceptive to foreshadowing and predicting plot twists

Skittish sometimes prefers not to watch stuff with me because if I go "uh oh" he sometimes feels like it's as good as a spoiler

Anyway yes I knew immediately that what's his face was going to die, though I thought it was pretty obvious (and so do y'all, I see), I just wish it hadn't been so fucking gross. That I was not prepared for.
wendy

Postby wendy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

I keep telling people about the burgermeister thing but it's hard to explain to people that have never seen the show
wendy

Postby wendy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:30 pm

"Burgermeister, the german guy's son is a burgermeister, and the other guy goes, 'oh, a chef!'"

"BURGERmeister"

"Ah"
wendy

Postby Merciel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:33 pm

Even though I'm inwardly wincing to a degree I normally don't (EDDIE NOOOOO), I seriously cannot wait until next week's episode.

I love this show. love love love absolutely my favorite show on TV by a huge margin

that's all, I felt the need to share it with you
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Fullscreen » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:07 pm

I just kinda figured the milk of magnesia stunt would end poorly because nearly every scheme or misunderstanding (however slight) seems to end with a horrible murder on this show.

and i love this show too, but whenever a previously non-murdering character becomes a murderer (which is usually) i get to feeling like, c'mon man let's let this guy skate without any murders.
doomedhuh wrote:only love can break your heart
Fullscreen

Postby bluemovers » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:04 pm

look Fullscreen everyone has murdered someone

right guys? haha
bluemovers

Postby Merciel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:30 pm

You know who's never murdered anyone on this show? Arnold Rothstein. <3
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby morbo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:30 pm

I don't know if this was mentioned already but there were some continuity errors due to poor editing in the most recent episode.
those windmills will keep them cool
morbo

Postby Viola Swamp » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:28 pm

post av
Viola Swamp

Postby captain » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:48 pm

morbo wrote:I don't know if this was mentioned already but there were some continuity errors due to poor editing in the most recent episode.

harrow's collar when he was leaving the farm bothered the shit out of me
ive been thinkin about my life lately and in short im goin A-WALL
captain

Postby morbo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:00 pm

The scene that bothered me the most was when Eli was talking to his son and the book on the desk alternated between being open and closed. At the end of the scene, Eli's son closes the book. Am i to believe that he's opening and closing this book off camera?

It seems petty or trivial, but it's distracting.
those windmills will keep them cool
morbo

Postby Rumours » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Self Destructive Zone wrote:Timid? Al Capone did almost kill him last season and he is currently stuck between the Capone brothers who will kill him and o'bannon who will kill him and is on the run from the FBI. I mean it makes sense that he wouldn't be performing baptisms

i understand his actions for sure but sometimes it feels like the stammering and mannerisms he has now are of an entirely different character. I enjoy the new dynamic with capone very much but it does seem a bit odd it retrospect...who cares i love this show
Rumours

Postby Ampersand » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:05 pm

I think when Van Alden had that stern confidence he also had both a position of authority and his moral certitude to back it up. Not so much these days.
Ampersand

Postby Merciel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Ampersand wrote:I think when Van Alden had that stern confidence he also had both a position of authority and his moral certitude to back it up. Not so much these days.

Yep, back then he was absolutely sure of who he was and where he was in the world, and that he had been charged with a holy duty by God to combat evil on this sinful earth.

Now he's wanted for murder and infinity other charges and he's living with a stolen baby under a false name and he's managed to rack up several more potential murder charges while he's at it.

It doesn't really surprise me that George Mueller is a very different space alien than Nelson Van Alden was.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Merciel » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:50 pm

welp

No surprises in tonight's episode (other than "Apaches!") but damn that was brutal.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby ecto » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:23 pm

well, that was a real bummer
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
ecto

Postby MonkeyTennis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:06 am

:(
MonkeyTennis

Postby captain » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:24 am

incredible episode
ive been thinkin about my life lately and in short im goin A-WALL
captain

Postby clwon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 am

did that ending surprise anyone?

I kinda thought Eddie would do this as soon as the feds took him in. guess it woulda been to cliche for him to hang himself, which was how I thought he'd do it.
clwon
business is very food

Postby darkendofthestreet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 am

Poor Eddie. It's made even worse knowing Gillian is somehow still alive too :(
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby Merciel » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:28 am

Why would that make poor Eddie's fate worse?

Also: anybody have any good speculation on who the hell Roy Phillips is/what his agenda could be and why he's interested in Gillian? At first I thought he really was some innocent country Piggly Wiggly exec, but obviously he isn't if he's recognizing her heroin paraphernalia in 1924.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Merciel » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:31 am

clown wrote:I kinda thought Eddie would do this as soon as the feds took him in. guess it woulda been to cliche for him to hang himself, which was how I thought he'd do it.

I realized it was inevitable when he broke. Up until then I was nurturing a bit of hope that he'd somehow manage to out-stoic them because he's awesome and I didn't want to see him go. But when he gave in, welp, nothing was going to stop him doing what he did.

But it didn't have to be surprising to be brutal. Nucky's dismissive reception of his return, Eddie's final moments -- yeah, you could almost call it beat for beat, but that didn't make it less powerful.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby sevenarts » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 am

When Nucky calls him over and it briefly seems like he might say something substantial or appreciative, and then just shows him the mismatched socks, goddamn. Heartbreaking. And then one of Eddie's very last acts is rearranging the sock drawer.

Pretty low-key but ultimately crushing episode. Capone's face when he turns around from his brother's body in the morgue was real devastating too.

On a lighter note, someone should make a gif of the few seconds right after Van Alden snorts the cocaine.
sevenarts

Postby darkendofthestreet » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:55 am

Merciel wrote:Why would that make poor Eddie's fate worse?

Also: anybody have any good speculation on who the hell Roy Phillips is/what his agenda could be and why he's interested in Gillian? At first I thought he really was some innocent country Piggly Wiggly exec, but obviously he isn't if he's recognizing her heroin paraphernalia in 1924.

Just me being a reactionary asshole. Her story is just so uninteresting at this point, and I'm really sad that Eddie's gone. No other link that that.
"Gogol Android"
darkendofthestreet

Postby clwon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:56 am

Merciel wrote:
clown wrote:I kinda thought Eddie would do this as soon as the feds took him in. guess it woulda been to cliche for him to hang himself, which was how I thought he'd do it.

I realized it was inevitable when he broke. Up until then I was nurturing a bit of hope that he'd somehow manage to out-stoic them because he's awesome and I didn't want to see him go. But when he gave in, welp, nothing was going to stop him doing what he did.

But it didn't have to be surprising to be brutal. Nucky's dismissive reception of his return, Eddie's final moments -- yeah, you could almost call it beat for beat, but that didn't make it less powerful.

yea it probably would have resonated more with me if I didn't go to sleep as soon as I finished watching this at 2am
clwon
business is very food

PreviousNext

Return to Free-For-All