did you go to your 20-year high school reunion?

Let's talk sandwich

Postby brittle » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:30 pm

yes.

despite doing everything I could to not go.

I contacted all the people I still knew from then, set up a group chat and made arrangements to catch up and have some drinks on our own terms, in more suitable surrounds, without having to deal with the drive and the cover charge and all that other nonsense.

the night was all locked and loaded until the wednesday before, when somebody got an email from the class president asking the 20 or so of us who were making other plans to please come, and that our cover charge would be waved. the group chat all agreed to go while I was away from my phone for a few hours.

It wasn't fun at all and I drank too much and took home the first chair clarinet player from band class. :|

brittle

Postby Kenny » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:36 pm

No, it would have been this year. I think Facebook/Instagram ended the point of this. I have the 5 or so people I would care to see again already on these, I wouldn't go to this if it was like more than a 10 minute drive from where I lived, just no interest in some randoms I happened to grow up next to

I didn't hear a peep about it if it even happened though, so maybe I'm out of the loop lol
Last edited by Kenny on Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

My videogame collection on Backloggery

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby wuk » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:39 pm

Facebook negated the need for a 10th but now that everyone quit or just stopped posting I might be interested if there's a 25th

wuk

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:40 pm

i don't think i like huamn beings but i'm sure there's a place and reason for these for those that do

broodstar

Postby mancubz » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:42 pm

None of my friends my year graduated high school so I won’t do this if it ever comes up
Stuntman wrote:This is what happens when you're an adolescent and you don't have a forest or the internet.

mancubz
BAD BITCH ALERT

Postby Bjornie » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:44 pm

mcwop23 wrote:no, but mostly because i didn't wanna drive an hour

This was exactly why I didn’t go. Thought about it then ultimately decided I didn’t want to drive that far and then drive home

Bjornie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby This Guy » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:56 pm

Nope and there is not one person from my high school (other than my wife) that I have spoken to in over 15 years. My wife sometimes tries to tell me about our mutual high school classmates based off things she reads on Facebook but I make uncontrollable fart noises when that happens.

This Guy

Postby high bias » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:06 pm

didn’t go to my 10 year. anyone i would want to talk to i’m already in communication with

high bias

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:25 pm

This Guy wrote:Nope and there is not one person from my high school (other than my wife) that I have spoken to in over 15 years. My wife sometimes tries to tell me about our mutual high school classmates based off things she reads on Facebook but I make uncontrollable fart noises when that happens.

my wife keeps texting me about Lights

broodstar

Postby VHB » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:43 pm

pretty sure mine was a grift judging by how the information packet I got mailed about it was mostly about how much we'd be expected to pay for a ticket+dinner to attend

anyway, never went to any dances, never went to any football games, I feel like tradition demands I never go to any of the reunions either and am kinda surprised anyone even remembered me enough to send me an invite in the first place
galactagogue wrote:i usually just assume no one is into me, it makes it easier to be myself.

Suspension Bridge wrote:Werewolf was the best thing to happen to me in 2015 and that includes my wedding

Kenny wrote:If you can remmeber any conversation with a cashier 30 seconds after you had it you're doing it wrong

VHB
VHS

Postby ashtrayheart » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:45 pm

i have never had any connection to my high school.

ashtrayheart

Postby i am rich » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:46 pm

no

i am rich

Postby gauchebag » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:52 pm

no i didn't go.

then i was like, wait, why didn't i go?

then i realized, it's next year

#dondon

gauchebag

Postby Merciel » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:03 pm

I medium regret not going to mine, but it would have been a huge hassle and I suspect the attendance rate among the people I might actually want to see would be very low.

My dad recently went to his 50th reunion and said it was both kind of sweet to catch up on long-lost friends' lives and pretty depressing how many people had died. His old middle school girlfriend seems to have had a very sad life and that bummed him out too.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby 31GeeWhizz ☑️ » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:08 pm

Oh I guess that was this year. Nope.

Although I have been having more dreams that include people from high school in the past couple of years. Does that count?
31GeeWhizz ☑️

Postby sadville » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pm

went to mine a few weeks ago

it was fun!
Wild nights - Wild nights!
Were I with thee
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

sadville

Postby Eyeball Kid » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:12 pm

My 25th one would have been this past spring assuming any sort of celebration was held over it. I don't know what any of those people are up to now but I hope I still have more hair than all of them.*

*I actually am casually friendly with a guy who lives in my neighborhood now and who has a fantastic head of hair but I'm not counting him because we didn't know each other back in high school, though we attended the same school and graduated at the same time.

Eyeball Kid

Postby sadville » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:13 pm

i now teach where i went to high school which is cool and good
Wild nights - Wild nights!
Were I with thee
Wild nights should be
Our luxury!

sadville

Postby goldmatt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:45 am

No.

Only six people made it to my 25th.

goldmatt

Postby port » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:31 am

Absolutely not.

port

Postby joe » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:19 am

i went to detroit for movement instead. it was the right choice

joe

Postby KPH » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:26 am

Nope. My school closed when we graduated and is now some sorta architecture school. Which seems a bit unwieldy, it wasn’t super small.

Anyhow back stateside folks have tried convening reunions in hub cities but the whole idea seems so completely sad. Not reunions per se but the idea is seeing the olds in the place that hasn’t changed much, but we don’t have that option. Hanging out in some nondescript hotel ballroom near to an airport.

KPH

Postby LloydChristmas » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:07 am

Mine is next month. Am going.

LloydChristmas

Postby toots » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:10 am

i did

this is when your classmates start to look really old

toots

Postby hbb » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:22 am

I dreaded mine, went to it, and was really glad I did. It didn’t feel like going back to high school and high school feelings. The best part was talking with people I’d thought were interesting back then but hadn’t got to know well at the time.

hbb

Postby Effective Alaska » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:28 am

I'm going to my 30 year tomorrow
Written for a LGBT audience apparently as it contains far too much emotional content, and far too little insight into the heart of the matter. I understand that this post was edited by the DoD and that perhaps impacted to final product.

alaska1 wrote:I always look to something new amazing for more pleasure.

Effective Alaska

Postby Effective Alaska » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:29 am

With my beautiful wife
Written for a LGBT audience apparently as it contains far too much emotional content, and far too little insight into the heart of the matter. I understand that this post was edited by the DoD and that perhaps impacted to final product.

alaska1 wrote:I always look to something new amazing for more pleasure.

Effective Alaska

Postby Shotfrog » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:14 am

hbb wrote:I dreaded mine, went to it, and was really glad I did. It didn’t feel like going back to high school and high school feelings. The best part was talking with people I’d thought were interesting back then but hadn’t got to know well at the time.

This was my experience too. There were a handful of people there that I had liked but wasn’t close enough to say I was friends with and it was good to see them. I had a long conversation with a guy who is a faculty member at some place like UC-Berkeley and is an authority on the carceral state.

Shotfrog

Postby bugsbunnyseance » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:47 am

I wasn't invited to my 10 year because I was too hot and cool... and I've only gotten hotter and cooler, so I doubt those cowards will reach out to me for the 20 year. 8-)

I'm not on facebook and I feel like that's where all the invites for this sort of thing are sent. I would probably have gone if I knew when it was and could get at least one other queer alum to attend with me.Toggle Spoiler

bugsbunnyseance

Postby DeadandLovely » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:17 am

I got invited to my 10th via FB from this chick who used to relentlessly pick on me. i basically told her to fuck off. didn't get invited to my 20th. I went to a small catholic high school and i'm FB friends with about half the people i graduated with. they're mostly Trumpers who never left the town they were from...so yeah, i'm good with never seeing any of them ever again.

DeadandLovely

PreviousNext

Return to Peanut Butter and Jelly Talk