Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:02 am

yah thanks
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
ripersnifle

Postby milknight » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:36 am

well the instrumental he downloaded is better than the new one
milknight

Postby elaine » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:46 am

wildarms wrote:sounds that’s way

it sounds like peep though, and he had a knack for picking the right sound to match his words, i don't hear him in the new version, its someone else's sound
I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me .... BLACK IT OUT... BLACK IT OUT.... BLACK IT ALL OUT

tarantula wrote:yeah, elaine gets it
elaine

Postby elaine » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:51 am

i don't believe any of the "it is what it would've been" shit they're trying to pull, it doesnt matter either, it just is now, the honesty died, these guys didn't inherit it's vision
I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me .... BLACK IT OUT... BLACK IT OUT.... BLACK IT ALL OUT

elaine

Postby elaine » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:12 pm

it kinda pisses me off even, i read this smokeasac thing where he said peep was talking to him through his music, sure he is but that still doesnt mean you're gonna be able to do what he was gonna do, art is vision, not beliefs, they're doing the same thing thats been done hundreds of times before, painting the same tragic figure of a dead artist, which is fine, the vision lives on for whoever is willing to see it, but still be careful thinking about posthumous releases, remember that dead voices speak in silence and you won't hear them when you're listening to the living fools that try to break the silence

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 am

hey, so how much do you know?

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:05 am

back of the club, girl, your feelings are showing

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:07 am

oh, i thought it wrong but thats how i want to imagine it

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:09 am

oh ye, this is the scariest and funniest thing i've ever encountered in my life

elaine

Postby Spoons » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:25 am

thanks for introducing me to Zubin.
fucking hell. best shit ever.
bongo wrote:spoons pounds
Spoons

Postby ripersnifle » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 pm

when i made my COWYS II comments originally i hadn't heard any of these og versions that people have posted. i wasn't really tuned into how the project was made.
after listening to them, i can definitely see their appeal. the album stuff has clearly been tweaked/polished. i like the original "16 lines" for example.
was a different version/mix of COWYS II unofficially circulating before he died or something?
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.
ripersnifle

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:04 pm

well ye, but nobody knew it was cowys2, i heard 16 lines before cowsy1 got released, leanin' and cry alone too, that's maybe what bothers me the most about this release, all his previous releases were a reflection of the context he was in at the time, like part one, live forever, california girls, crybaby, hellboy and cowsy1, i believe he was creating these things right then and there, wherever he was at, in whichever thoughts he found himself in, thats what came out, but cowys2, well he's just all over the place in that cause he's no longer around in that way

the life was the work of art, and he knew that all too well, way too well, but if you want to know the rest you'll just have to keep listening, personally i'm really grateful i decided to get into his life, cause this dead guy really became my friend and i believe that's exactly what he wanted to be

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm

i am finished processing lil peep though, i finished that a long time ago

elaine

Postby milknight » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:07 pm

i agree this mostly feels like one of those biggie back from the dead posthumous cash-ins. im just gonna keep listening to the og versions that he actually made
milknight

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:11 pm

look, ma, we made it

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:13 pm

yeah, just get to know this person, dont let people tell you what or who or how he was, he already said it all before he stopped talking

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 pm

I figure since you're all interested, check out the live forever tape, before fame, before anything, but be warned
, life is scary

elaine

Postby wildarms » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Elaine are you looking forward to the Makonnen album though
wildarms

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:30 pm

i look forward to anything really, i'm real glad this new thing came out too, i'm glad for goth angel sinner too and just everything that comes out, i'm glad, but still gotta say what i feel about it, that doesnt mean i cant appreciate it, it just means i try to appreciate, which is a completely different matter to me

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:34 pm

the whole posthumous idea, that doesnt feel right, it never has to anyone, fuck fans, all this you're hearing and feeling is life and let nobody ever tell you otherwise cause they're just trying to convince you that you will die the same way

elaine

Postby hey nathan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:38 pm

is there a playlist of corresponding versions for each of the tracks? I wanna compare the whole album

elaine have you gotten into the rest of GBC yet?
hey nathan

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:40 pm

i've tried here and there, you know, i get into everything really, but gbc isnt really anything i can talk about cause it's a bunch of people and that's just way to hard to figure out

elaine

Postby elaine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:46 pm

wait, that thought sucked, i should say no, i haven't at all, i haven't had the time to get into anything else

elaine

Postby camping » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:48 pm

milknight wrote:i agree this mostly feels like one of those biggie back from the dead posthumous cash-ins. im just gonna keep listening to the og versions that he actually made

yeah

really wish i liked the album more. +1 to liking the original "life," though i'm not sure if i can be trusted or believed after sharing that opinion.
Johan POOPLER wrote:girls see your dick and it reminds them of their saddest birthday
camping
i wish i cared

Postby grace cathedral park » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:58 pm

really like this
Never knowingly eaten an ass.
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby grace cathedral park » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:14 pm

fwiw i don't really care for either life is beautiful's too much, but i think what makes the first one more attractive is the way the beat is delayed from the vocal delivery. and idk it feels like they turned a really haunting song from peep's demos into a RIP PAUL WALKER "see you again" type ballad.
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby ripersnifle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:01 am

did p4k just retcon a previous HELLBOY review with the Sunday Review today? i could be wrong but i thought they had reviewed it contemporaneously.
ripersnifle

Postby elaine » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:30 am

idk but here's some more unknown peep, i watched some new doc by some annoying voice dude yesterday, i think angels are the love focused people in this self focused world, everyone's trying to pull them down by their wings all of the time, until their grace gives out and the gravity destroys them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc-ikElM1_U

elaine

Postby grace cathedral park » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:18 pm

are you gonna listen to LIL NARNIA
grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby doublethink0 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 pm

LOL have had days are numbered/body bag in my head for a few days now, they got the hooks
doublethink0

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....