Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Bartatua » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 am

marble wrote:Also sorry everyone for spamming this thread. Just need to vent.

You aren't spamming at all, post away
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby marble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:20 am

Beautiful Jugdish wrote:Marble I’m so fucking sorry

I remember after the Toronto massacre David futrelle saying that would not be the last incel shooting. Well this may be different but it’s extremely online sad, fucked yo men just the same.

What can we do. Fuck.

Marble, we love you man.

Thanks jugdish. I called the 4chan thing out to coworkers immediately after hearing the news. Just made sense. Delete the internet.

Also want to say i hope fraew is doing ok. Not sure if he's still in chch but he's the only other chch boarder i can think of. There were a few lurkers but they don't post any more.
marble

Postby silverapples » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:25 am

This is fucking horrible. I'm not even surprised at this point that Australia is exporting nazis.
im lookin to collect based energy from the plants and animals around me. im lookin to go into nature and then just absorb all the good feelings of life. im lookin to catch a body.
silverapples

Postby office plant » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 am

marble wrote:Thanks durham. Christchurch is jokingly hated on by a lot of people in NZ for being a bit of a racist shithole. I tended to be one of the few people who defended it. Guess they were right!

i had this thought too but this isnt the kind of thing people had in mind when they would say stuff like that. good on you for defending it, I've also met plenty of normal not racist people from chch

:(
office plant

Postby super gas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 am

this is so fucking heinous on all fronts. if you click on 'new zealand' in the trending on twitter, one of the first 3 posts is the live stream of this. what a fuck is wrong with this world. i hate everything.
super gas

Postby pablito » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 am

this is awful.
obviously there are other forces at play here but i wonder a lot about how we could destroy enough of the physical infrastructure of the internet to drastically reduce its importance in our lives. i want it gone
pablito

Location: chicago illinois, pm me for address, come fucking fight me

Postby the scofflaw » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:30 am

office plant wrote:
marble wrote:Thanks durham. Christchurch is jokingly hated on by a lot of people in NZ for being a bit of a racist shithole. I tended to be one of the few people who defended it. Guess they were right!

i had this thought too but this isnt the kind of thing people had in mind when they would say stuff like that. good on you for defending it, I've also met plenty of normal not racist people from chch

it does seem, from the manifesto, that the main perpetrator had only been in NZ for a few months, he had moved there to stay off the radar and plan/train and then decided there were some targets that he liked enough to just do it there
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.
the scofflaw

Postby marble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:31 am

super gas wrote:this is so fucking heinous on all fronts. if you click on 'new zealand' in the trending on twitter, one of the first 3 posts is the live stream of this. what a fuck is wrong with this world. i hate everything.

The new zealand police facebook page said they are working on removing the video from the internet. Good luck to the boys in blue!
marble

Postby LloydChristmas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:34 am

the scofflaw wrote:
office plant wrote:

it does seem, from the manifesto, that the main perpetrator had only been in NZ for a few months, he had moved there to stay off the radar and plan/train and then decided there were some targets that he liked enough to just do it there

Sounds like he deliberately picked NZ to prove that nowhere was safe for immigrants from this kind of shit.

There are no words.

I have only spent 17 or so days in NZ, but I loved every second of my time there and the company I work for has an office in Wellington and I work closely with the people there. This feels really close to home.
Last edited by LloydChristmas on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
LloydChristmas

Postby deep blue meanies » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:35 am

just woke up to see this. fucking horrified.
deep blue meanies

Postby Lucky » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 am

Twitter autoplayed some of it for me too. Horrifying.

Of course I went and read the 8chan /pol/ reaction and all the usual Twitter right-wingers begin with the deflections and blame shifting. Ugh

What a disaster everything is
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death
Lucky

Postby super gas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 am

marble wrote:
super gas wrote:this is so fucking heinous on all fronts. if you click on 'new zealand' in the trending on twitter, one of the first 3 posts is the live stream of this. what a fuck is wrong with this world. i hate everything.

The new zealand police facebook page said they are working on removing the video from the internet. Good luck to the boys in blue!

obviously that's silly but does twitter not have any responsibility here? this is fucking insane to me. i get it, you can't police everything that gets posted but that video has hundreds of thousands of views and is promoted on the top trending item in the u.s., there is no way twitter is just missing it. i hate myself for using this shit app.

i am so glad i am not growing up in the social media age, it would've broken me.
super gas

Postby marble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:42 am

super gas wrote:
marble wrote:

obviously that's silly but does twitter not have any responsibility here?

I don't have twitter but i just assumed it was a bunch of people reuploading the footage so twitter couldnt keep up. If there's just the one video. What the fuck?
marble

Postby super gas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 am

i am sure it's being re-uploaded but i am pretty sure we are all just seeing the same tweet. i blocked it now so i don't know if it's still there but twitter had it as a "top" tweet. any person who logs on to twitter and sees "new zealand" as trending and wants to find out why will see that tweet right away.
Last edited by super gas on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
super gas

Postby Bartatua » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 am

I don't use twitter really but the idea of videos like this autoplaying on people's feeds is so infuriating
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby super gas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:49 am

i just scrolled through like 20 of the 'top' tweets for this and about 5 of them were autoplaying that video. fuck everything.
super gas

Postby fester » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:50 am

marble wrote:
super gas wrote:
marble wrote:

obviously that's silly but does twitter not have any responsibility here?

I don't have twitter but i just assumed it was a bunch of people reuploading the footage so twitter couldnt keep up. If there's just the one video. What the fuck?

in theory they would have some hashing mechanism that should make it easy to prevent the exact same videos from being reposted without editing, but twitter is shit so who knows
------------
fester

Postby super gas » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:53 am

there is definitely technology to autodetect this. there is no way to look at this other than twitter thinking it's good for business.

i am sorry for turning this thread into a twitter thing. it just has me fuming.
Last edited by super gas on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
super gas

Postby Milk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 am

marble wrote:
Paul wrote:Does New Zealand have similar gun restrictions to Australia or no?

Awful news.

yes very similar to australia

Oh really? it didn't seem that restrictive when i read about it on the webs. Well i guess my FB post is dumb now. Probably should amend it before anyoen who might read my page is up. On the other hand probably none of them knows the gun laws there anyway.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby bruceagain » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 am

nz gun laws are a fair bit laxer with regards to what you have access to
here, things like semi auto rifles for example are restricted to professional shooters of which there are obviously very few
Last edited by bruceagain on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
bruceagain

Postby marble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:06 am

Milk wrote:
marble wrote:
Paul wrote:Does New Zealand have similar gun restrictions to Australia or no?

Awful news.

yes very similar to australia

Oh really? it didn't seem that restrictive when i read about it on the webs. Well i guess my FB post is dumb now. Probably should amend it before anyoen who might read my page is up. On the other hand probably none of them knows the gun laws there anyway.

Tbh I'm not that educated on the issue. We might be a bit more relaxed than australia but it's not like the US or anything
marble

Postby bruceagain » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:06 am

anyway, this sucks
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
bruceagain

Postby deep blue meanies » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:20 am

ofc aus govt will do nothing to stop platforms being given to neonazis
deep blue meanies

Postby marble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 am

40 people dead
marble

Postby deep blue meanies » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:25 am

so fucking upsetting
deep blue meanies

Postby bruceagain » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 am

christ
bruceagain

Postby office plant » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 am

40 people jesus christ
office plant

Postby marble » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 am

Apparently not on watchlists despite planning the whole thing on 8chan. Great job GCSB!!!!
marble

Postby ratbags » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:41 am

I am just so fucking sad
delgriffith wrote:[Holy fuck

ratbags

Postby bruceagain » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 am

solid effort by fraser anning for most disgusting public statement of all time
bruceagain

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....