Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby goofy's dead wife » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Star Trek icon William Shatner, who played Captain Kirk in Star Trek: The Original Series, took to Twitter to explain what “woke” means.

The conversation started when Shatner responded to a now deleted tweet criticizing millennials for striking individuals from history who have been deemed “intolerable” by them.

Shatner wrote:

“Those children who grew up in that kinder gentler world use Presentism to remove books, have decided that any historical figure who has done things that by today’s society are intolerable should be struck from history. How is the next gen going to learn from past mistakes?”

Shatner would double down explaining that he finds it “utterly ridiculous” that individuals would attempt to use presentism, the idea of interpreting past events with current day values and concepts, in order to erase individuals views because they don’t adhere to current day PC culture.

Given the original Tweet he was responding to was deleted, Shatner clarified that it “was a threat that Millennials could erase my past work.”

Shatner also explains it was in reference to Laura Ingalls Wilder and the Wilder Award which was renamed. According to the New York Times the award was changed in 2018 by The American Library Association because of “culturally insensitive portrayals in her books.”

The American Library Association specifically stated that the award was changed to “align the award’s title with the ALSC’s core values.” Those core values are “inclusiveness, integrity, respect, and responsiveness.”

Shatner continued that the Library association made the change due to complaints.

That’s when Shatner would explain what “woke” really means. He writes, “To be woke is to be uniformed which is exactly the opposite of what it stands for.”

What do you make of Shatner’s definition of woke? What about his defense against presentism?
"I want to have a wedding that's shunned by society. I want to have a baby everyone disapproves of. I want to get nastier and nastier. I love that he accepts everything about me, no matter how far I stray off the proper path of a human being"

goofy's dead wife

Postby goofy's dead wife » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 pm

It's fucked up that the sjws tried to steal our butts.

"I want to have a wedding that's shunned by society. I want to have a baby everyone disapproves of. I want to get nastier and nastier. I love that he accepts everything about me, no matter how far I stray off the proper path of a human being"

goofy's dead wife

Postby NegativeCapability » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Honestly it's pretty shocking that a guy who is friends with Mancow would have these views.
Back where I bong... behind my desk, changing the world. Using that giant brain to make some magic.

NegativeCapability

Postby goofy's dead wife » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:07 pm

it's fukt up that william shatner and george takei are like yin and yang of bad boomer twitter accounts

goofy's dead wife

Postby Debbie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:08 pm

wow he makes some really good points

got a lot to think about

Debbie

Postby G_S » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:09 pm

this is the real TekWar if you ask me

G_S

Postby alaska » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:16 pm

All these guys are so anxious lol
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool

alaska

Postby alaska » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 pm

The popularity of the word "cancelled" is like, equal parts hilarious and despair inducing for me. It's so unbelievably removed from anything like an understanding of material conditions. Had PC cultut run smoke? Best dude
mactheo wrote:

alaska

Postby alaska » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:19 pm

It's crazy that they renamed an award and now everyone hates Laura ingalls wilder and thinks she's a meanie and will never read her again
mactheo wrote:

alaska

Postby separator » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm

William Shatner? Never heard of him...

separator

Postby Riverchrist » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:32 pm

NegativeCapability wrote:Honestly it's pretty shocking that a guy who is friends with Mancow would have these views.

Is Mancow (fake) religious now? I shouldna looked at his Twitter.

Riverchrist

Postby Cronos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Isnt Laura Ingalls Wilder dead?

Cronos

Postby Cronos » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Riverchrist wrote:
NegativeCapability wrote:Honestly it's pretty shocking that a guy who is friends with Mancow would have these views.

Yeah there's a whole Street Fight /w Felix from Chapo podcast from last month about him. Now all of us non-Chicago people know who he is.

Cronos

Postby NegativeCapability » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:51 pm

Riverchrist wrote:

Well, after listening to the Street Fight Radio series "Shocktober" on patreon I know quite a bit about him. The guy seems to be a pretty genuine Christian. He was raised in a Christian home and even thought about becoming a preacher before deciding to become the worst, dumbest, zero talent having radio broadcaster of all time. So yeah he's doing a lot of Christian shit now. The guy is so dang Christian that he did this:

Mancow Muller attended Harvest Bible Chapel from 2014 to 2019 and was a personal friend of Pastor James MacDonald since 2016. In November 2018 Muller travelled to Israel with Pastor James Macdonald where Pastor James baptized him in the Jordan River. Less than 2 months later in January 2019 and less than 3 weeks after starting his new radio show on WLS-Chicago, Mancow began calling Pastor James a con artist on his show and on social media sites, and asking him to resign or be removed as pastor.[41] Mancow has consistently criticized and accused Macdonald of crimes since January 2019, including murder-for-hire in May, 2019.[42][43]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_MacDonald_(pastor)
Back where I bong... behind my desk, changing the world. Using that giant brain to make some magic.

NegativeCapability

Postby Riverchrist » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:58 pm

If that guy had the perfect opportunity to drown Mancow in the Jordan River and passed it up then I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on the criminal accusations.

Riverchrist

Postby john plainman 2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:04 pm

some millenials just want to watch the world burn

john plainman 2

Postby Lil Gugger » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:21 pm

That's it, I'm taking the picture of Bill Shatner snuggling a tribble off my refrigerator. Sorry to destroy your everliving soul, but you earned it now you DOOFUS

Lil Gugger

Postby draw » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:39 pm

Ah yes critiquing PC culture through the lens of "maybe people will forget about TekWar someday." Great, I very much relate & give a shit William

draw

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....