Ideally, how long should a tub of ice cream last?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Grey Poupon » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:29 pm

I've tried two vegan ice creams and I guess they were OK but more like a substandard gelato with a lingering waxy and icy texture, than something I'd choose over genuine ice cream
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby winjer » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 pm

i hear you, but that cashew stuff is sublime

winjer

Postby Sobieski » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:36 pm

Jeremy wrote:A tub of ice cream is composed of form and matter. The ideal doesn't figure into it.

the packaging of ben and jerry’s contains a sort of longing for an ideal
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20

Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Sobieski » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:38 pm

the artwork on the backs of craft beer packaging seems like a golden world sometimes

and dr. bronner’s would seek to, postulate an ethos
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20

Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby Merciel » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm

I used to think edgeev was weird when he talked about exclusively making his own ice cream and never buying commercial anything, but I totally get it now. I only really want to eat homemade ice cream anymore. Small-batch housemade stuff is totally fine, but I don't think I'll ever buy another giant cardboard tub of anything.

So I guess my answer is that one of those boxes would last me forever, pretty much.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Jeremy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:32 pm

Sobieski wrote:the artwork on the backs of craft beer packaging seems like a golden world sometimes

and dr. bronner’s would seek to, postulate an ethos

If i could afford craft beer, I would not need the promises of the craft beer imaginary.

Jeremy

Postby Catullus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:42 am

Ideally?

Forever

Catullus
Our McGonagall

Postby LaAbeja » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:46 am

Tuba Gooding Jr wrote:a tub of ice cream, a bucket of sorbet, a boot of custard

read this to the tune of
Fear is an illusion!

LaAbeja

Postby port » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:36 am

Grey Poupon wrote:I've tried two vegan ice creams and I guess they were OK but more like a substandard gelato with a lingering waxy and icy texture, than something I'd choose over genuine ice cream

Trust the cashew milk.

port

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:48 am

Ok I’m gonna life large this week and drop a twenty to
1 pop my Ben and Jerry’s cherry
2 buy a tub of cashew milk ice cream too

Grey Poupon

Postby Geoff » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:58 am

2 months

Geoff
i like jazz

Postby tarantula » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:14 am

if struck in the head by a tub of ice cream flung from the empire state building, how long would you last?

tarantula

Postby morbo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:48 am

maybe like three hours in the sun
those windmills will keep them cool

morbo

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:07 am

buying a new tub of high grade, extra creamy and smooth ice cream and then you open it at home and realise at some point on the way to the supermarket it partially defrosted and refroze and now it’s run through with ice crystals

I had a couple of those experiences over summer and really put me off

I just had to get that off my chest

Grey Poupon

Postby hopped » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:15 am

dvr wrote:one time I ate McDonald's for dinner then had a pint of ice cream. the next day I went on the longest hike of my life (25 miles with like 4000ft elevation), then the day after that I did a ~25 mile bike ride on a huffy, I felt great. I had the same dinner two weekends later hoping for a repeat of the peak performance but shit myself the next morning like 2 minutes into the hike. I was living in my car so it became laundry day

this is way too good of a post to be relegated to a boop

also big reason blue bell rules is that it's "STILL A HALF GALLON"

this flavor absolutely whips ass btw

hopped

Postby Architecture » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Grey Poupon wrote:I've never had ben and jerrys
Is it really worth paying four times as much? Like I'm OK with quality over quantity when it comes to treats but I'm worried I'm be disappointed

Not unless your idea of good ice cream is to throw a bunch of candy bars and bullshit into it
try the data then reply
Architecture
ok

Postby hologram » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:54 am

This is good vegan ice cream

hologram
acid casualty

Postby kit fox » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:58 am

winjer wrote:i hear you, but that cashew stuff is sublime

yeah cashew and oat milk are game changers for mass market vegan ice cream

for homemade i do coconut milk/coconut cream with some cocoa powder/sugar etc (a shot of whiskey helps with the creaminess too) and it tastes exactly like a frosty

kit fox
Mike Vance

Postby Kenny » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:58 am

Ideally, it'd last forever
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Architecture wrote:
Grey Poupon wrote:I've never had ben and jerrys
Is it really worth paying four times as much? Like I'm OK with quality over quantity when it comes to treats but I'm worried I'm be disappointed

Not unless your idea of good ice cream is to throw a bunch of candy bars and bullshit into it

That is not my idea of good ice cream
If the ice cream itself is good I’m down but the idea of just throwing as many sugary variations to make something “luxury” is in my view an ice cream version of those disgusting Midwest pasta salad dishes

Grey Poupon

Postby son of chucky » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:43 pm

ben and jerrys is good. lately we've been getting it from the ben and jerry's store here, where you can get the same flavors in "hand packed" pints. i dunno what the difference is between these and the ones they sale at grocery stores (texture is better, basically) but the hand packed netflix and chill is probably the best ice cream i've ever had.
I am going to buy more books about elderly dogs in the future. Thank you.

son of chucky

Postby swan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Eat some of these and store your LEGO them

swan

Postby Kenny » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Ben and Jerrys is great, but I get the sticker shock too. I usually get whatevers cheapest and then occaisionally get a B&J for a treat. Phish Food is my favorite and was even before I came to like to like the band
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby port » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:03 pm

hologram wrote:This is good vegan ice cream

C’mon now.

port

Postby Eyeball Kid » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Kenny wrote:Ben and Jerrys is great, but I get the sticker shock too. I usually get whatevers cheapest and then occaisionally get a B&J for a treat. Phish Food is my favorite and was even before I came to like to like the band

Phish Food is totally junk-food ice cream even by ice-cream standards but I fucking love it. It's my go-to pint for those rare occasions I want to eat a whole pint RIGHT NOW.

Eyeball Kid

Postby maraschinocherry » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Ben and Jerry’s hits the unrefined craving, definitely junk food but an enjoyable thing. Feels like a primal urge to find “the stuff”, ie chocolate pieces or whatever. Long after the craving subsides it’s so satisfying to find the stuff. Phish food and half baked are my flavors

Haagen dasz is the best actual ice cream IMO. Strawberry Haagen dasz on some inauthentic sweet cornbread is.... so beautiful

Jeni’s is for when, for whatever reason, you’re sad but also comfortable spending almost $10 on a pint. Not often for me but it’s happened!! Buckeye one is my favorite that I’ve tried, one day I’ll try the plain vanilla I bet it’s amazing
maraschinocherry

Postby Grey Poupon » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:30 am

I went out today and splurged

Verdict:
Salted caramel cashew milk ice cream is so intensely sweet I could only do about a tablespoon, but I can’t fault the texture. And the cashewy undertone is really nice! I think it’ll be good as a condiment on some isolation homemade cornbread to balance the sugar - good suggestion maraschino! - or tossed into a coffee for some kinda disgusting affogato concoction, even if I can’t reallt handle it straight

Ben and Jerry’s -I went with the one with jimmy fallon’s stupid face on it and it really is good, overpriced yes, but not disappointing in the least

Grey Poupon

Postby Autarch » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:01 am

i like the peanut butter & cookies ben & jerry's vegan ice cream.
Sent from my Lenovo

HEY! Use my Hipinion Chrome / Firefox extension for better boarding
Paste images, tweets, youtube, instagram, and soundcloud with ctrl+shift+k (or command+shift+k)

Autarch

Postby green fog » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:21 am

The purest form of this ice cream tub size: rainbow sherbert. Truly dangerous energy.
green fog

Postby port » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:18 am

Grey Poupon wrote:I went out today and splurged

Verdict:
Salted caramel cashew milk ice cream is so intensely sweet I could only do about a tablespoon, but I can’t fault the texture. And the cashewy undertone is really nice! I think it’ll be good as a condiment on some isolation homemade cornbread to balance the sugar - good suggestion maraschino! - or tossed into a coffee for some kinda disgusting affogato concoction, even if I can’t reallt handle it straight

Bumping 'cause I just got another pint.
I actually appreciate the sweetness because it keeps me from eating the entire container in a sitting. The way the ice cream melts in your mouth and leaves those crunchy chocolate bits... Hell yeah.

port

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....