What conservative views do you hold?

Humans in space suits make monkeys nervous

Postby New Improved Alaska » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:22 pm

I coordinated the OAS's lgbt month celebrations
alaska1 wrote:I always look to something new amazing for more pleasure.

New Improved Alaska

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:22 pm

New Improved Alaska wrote:I'm a gay neocon

I bet you can get on Pod Save America
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby New Improved Alaska » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:24 pm

Is there an lgbt month

New Improved Alaska

Postby New Improved Alaska » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:24 pm

There's gotta be right

New Improved Alaska

Postby cheezborg91 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:24 pm

New Improved Alaska wrote:I'm a gay neocon

that's where the real money is
cheezborg91

Postby brittle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:42 pm

auspice wrote:
swamp angel wrote:
churrokbyme wrote:here's a conservative view i think I hold now; media and discussion of a celebrity/politician's sexual proclivities is bad and we shouldn't do it.

exception of course for criminal stuff, or where the celebrity/politician is taking unethically taking advantage of a fucked up power imbalance by virtue of their social status

hot goss has no political affiliation and if anything it’s exceptionally conservative, at least when you consider who owns the publications responsible for it

I don't think that's what churrokbyme is saying, rather that that specific kind of lampooning, especially of the biggest public figures, reinforces stereotyping and shaming of sexuality when it's not specifically about misconduct that's taken place.

related: but back in 2012 or so, TMZ used to come on after the simpsons when my local fox affiliate still aired re-runs, and about 5 minutes in it seemed pretty obvious to me that society was on it's way to a very very dark place.

but it was definitely a pearl clutch, like "there should be a law! who watches this garbage? whatever happened to decency?!"

brittle

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:42 pm

laserblast wrote:i don't have strong opinions about south park but i do think it's funny that this conversation about edgelordism dipped in irony is happening on forums dot hipinion dot com, the board that famously has been extremely woke and not at all harmful to the people who post here throughout history

Sometimes I think my conception that the world has gotten better at discussing these issues is 100% just a result of the edgelords here all getting banned or growing older
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored

Self Destructive Zone

Postby Marx & Engels » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:43 pm

New Improved Alaska wrote:Is there an lgbt month

These days it feels like it's every freaking month. Sorry if this offends

Marx & Engels

Postby odilon redon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:51 pm

brittle wrote:
auspice wrote:
swamp angel wrote:
churrokbyme wrote:here's a conservative view i think I hold now; media and discussion of a celebrity/politician's sexual proclivities is bad and we shouldn't do it.

exception of course for criminal stuff, or where the celebrity/politician is taking unethically taking advantage of a fucked up power imbalance by virtue of their social status

hot goss has no political affiliation and if anything it’s exceptionally conservative, at least when you consider who owns the publications responsible for it

I don't think that's what churrokbyme is saying, rather that that specific kind of lampooning, especially of the biggest public figures, reinforces stereotyping and shaming of sexuality when it's not specifically about misconduct that's taken place.

related: but back in 2012 or so, TMZ used to come on after the simpsons when my local fox affiliate still aired re-runs, and about 5 minutes in it seemed pretty obvious to me that society was on it's way to a very very dark place.

but it was definitely a pearl clutch, like "there should be a law! who watches this garbage? whatever happened to decency?!"

celebrity culture was always bad but i don't think it is pearl clutching to say that the existence of tmz is indicative of further societal degradation
I look at bluegrass music as this sort of glowing ball. The point is to relax the technique around the glowing ball of feeling.

odilon redon

Postby DasLofGang » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:52 pm

givin' the people more of what they want!
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby Clay Shentrup » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:57 pm

I think we need more gifted and talented programs and bring back the feudalism (for smart people)
I've been all around the globe

Clay Shentrup

Postby deadbass » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Paul is my favourite Beatle.

deadbass

Postby New Improved Alaska » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:13 pm

Marx & Engels wrote:
New Improved Alaska wrote:Is there an lgbt month

These days it feels like it's every freaking month. Sorry if this offends

Mood,,

New Improved Alaska

Postby auspice » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 pm

brittle wrote:
auspice wrote:
swamp angel wrote:

and guess who just bought TMZ
Joker wrote:"I'm pooping and peeing and I love it!"

- Poop & Pee Magazine

auspice

Postby grammatron » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 pm

I thought of one:
Good manners are the foundation of good behavior, and kids should be respectful toward adults and should use "sir" and "ma'am" when responding to them.

grammatron

Postby 31GeeWhizz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:07 pm

grammatron wrote:I thought of one:
Good manners are the foundation of good behavior, and kids should be respectful toward adults and should use "sir" and "ma'am" when responding to them.

actually you thought of three

the second one is assuming the adults' genders

the third is implying there are only two genders

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by 31GeeWhizz on Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31GeeWhizz

Postby Locke » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:08 pm

u make ur kids call u sir?

Locke

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:17 pm

That's not what he said and you don't think that's what he said
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby New Improved Alaska » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:18 pm

LoD comin in hot

New Improved Alaska

Postby 31GeeWhizz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:19 pm

New Improved Alaska wrote:LoD comin in hot

oh LoD they comin
31GeeWhizz

Postby 31GeeWhizz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:19 pm

lordofdiapers wrote:That's not what he said and you don't think that's what he said

that's what she/he/they said
31GeeWhizz

Postby DasLofGang » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:21 pm

i think you better quit, let the shit slip
or you'll be leaving with an opinion hip
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby New Improved Alaska » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:21 pm

31GeeWhizz wrote:
New Improved Alaska wrote:LoD comin in hot

oh LoD they comin

Lol

New Improved Alaska

Postby lordofdiapers » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:24 pm

lol
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

<3

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby staple » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:28 pm

There is an unacceptable amount of waste and grift in how the federal government spends money, and a serious effort should be made to get the most bang for each dollar spent.
does not want to say hipinion in a court of law

staple

Postby DasLofGang » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:30 pm

staple wrote:the most bang for each dollar spent.

yeah it's called drones 8-)

DasLofGang

Postby broodstar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:49 pm

thyis thread has 34 pages now

i don't have any conservative views i only have completely liberal views and i'm just trying to get my view my post in

broodstar

Postby grammatron » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:57 pm

31GeeWhizz wrote:

That’s actually not true, but to my knowledge there isn’t a non-binary equivalent of sir or ma’am. And 99.9% of the time if an adult is talking to my kids, they know who they are and what their gender is.

grammatron

Postby grammatron » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 pm

Locke wrote:u make ur kids call u sir?

Make? No. But I’d strongly prefer a “yes sir” to “yeah” when I ask them something. And it’s actually not really about me as much as it is setting the habit so that they are respectful to other adults.

grammatron

Postby 31GeeWhizz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:10 pm

grammatron wrote:
31GeeWhizz wrote:

That’s actually not true, but to my knowledge there isn’t a non-binary equivalent of sir or ma’am. And 99.9% of the time if an adult is talking to my kids, they know who they are and what their gender is.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-non ... r-and-maam suggests Chief, Boss, Guv/Guv'nor, Skipper, Captain

ps grammatron i was just gently ribbing
31GeeWhizz

PreviousNext

Return to The Hot Zone