Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby worrywort » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:46 pm

i don't want to get in the way of people simply venting, which is necessary for folks to make it through this nightmarish stuff day to day and this thread can be a good place for it, but i would still like to submit that seriously thinking of emigrating or whatever won't help any of the people most vulnerable to the Trump admin (including immigrants & asylees), and it reads like abandoning them to the wolves. i acknowledge that's perhaps a little too judgey and scolding, as everyone has their own needs, but that's my gut reaction to seeing it. i hope you can just stick around and think a bit more long term. there really are people fighting this stuff every day, it's not always successful but there are wins, and i'd advise seeking out these people/groups/orgs and supporting them however you can. be proactive in the ways you can be proactive. if you are already, ignore this whole post. i dunno, i guess i'm just venting too.
worrywort

Postby tgk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:46 pm

tgk

Postby coop » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 pm

:ryan:
coop

Postby delgriffith » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 pm

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

I want to fucking die.
delgriffith

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

same
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Ersaph » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

I wish all these grown adults would shut the fuck up for once in their lives
And I feel like this year is really about, just the year of realizing stuff.
Ersaph

Postby tgk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:52 pm

worrywort wrote:i don't want to get in the way of people simply venting, which is necessary for folks to make it through this nightmarish stuff day to day and this thread can be a good place for it, but i would still like to submit that seriously thinking of emigrating or whatever won't help any of the people most vulnerable to the Trump admin (including immigrants & asylees), and it reads like abandoning them to the wolves. i acknowledge that's perhaps a little too judgey and scolding, as everyone has their own needs, but that's my gut reaction to seeing it. i hope you can just stick around and think a bit more long term. there really are people fighting this stuff every day, it's not always successful but there are wins, and i'd advise seeking out these people/groups/orgs and supporting them however you can. be proactive in the ways you can be proactive. if you are already, ignore this whole post. i dunno, i guess i'm just venting too.

Yeah, it all kinda reminds me of white flight.
tgk

Postby Franco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Franco

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:53 pm

reality has become a playground for fuckwits
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:54 pm

this should be bleak
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:56 pm

oh my fucking god

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby john plainman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:58 pm

i hope comey trips headfirst into his lawnmower
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby Rhodes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Haven't posted in here in a while but just wanted to vent about how furious and frustrated and helpless I feel waking up to this nightmare reality every day and being surrounded by family and co-workers and people who voted for this asshole and are perfectly fine with everything and contradict anyone who says otherwise. I haven't had a confrontation with anyone in person in a while but last night I had a dream I got into a shouting match with family members on my mom's side over ICE detainees and it played out exactly how it would have irl and it made me realize why I avoid family for the most part.
Rhodes

Postby Franco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Stay strong and as active as possible Rhodes. And chase down some pleasurable hobbies! I honestly have no other advice that doesn't ring shallow, because this does indeed suck.
Franco

Postby Rhodes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Much appreciated. Anything helps.
Rhodes

Postby deebster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:06 pm

everything continues to be shit but at least Jack Posobiec finally decided to block me
deebster

Postby dubs » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm

I grabbed a second job after work in a warehouse moving freight from 6-10 5 nights a week. Working from 7am-10pm has really allowed me to ignore cable news for the most part. so now I just hate my life because of all the fucking work I have to do to survive, like a normal person.
dubs

Postby fester » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:14 pm

maybe hating comey is the one thing all americans can agree on

it's a start
------------
fester

Postby goofjan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:18 pm

just monkeying around!
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye
goofjan

Postby badhat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:21 pm

i doubt i’d leave as a political protest but it often occurs to me that i’d like to liva abroad and for us (no mortgage, dependents, consumer debt) its a really good time to do it and frankly i work in nonprofit ostensibly on helping organize communities to improve public health and safety, there are few places i could go and not be of service and if i went somewhere cheap i could increase my charitable giving.

all of that is to say i think you can/should live where you want and leave the US if you want.

but: what you do for work, how you influence your workplace and community and how humbly you can live and how much you can volunteer and donate to orgs that are resisting probly matters a lot more.
admittedly the metal thread has recently taken a hit
badhat

Postby john plainman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

dubs wrote:I grabbed a second job after work in a warehouse moving freight from 6-10 5 nights a week. Working from 7am-10pm has really allowed me to ignore cable news for the most part. so now I just hate my life because of all the fucking work I have to do to survive, like a normal person.

feature, not a bug
john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby fuckyoudad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:34 pm

I keep seeing news articles about how no one can explain why suicide rates are up :roll:
Note: mildly comedic.
fuckyoudad

Postby Franco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:35 pm

username/the last couple pages of this thread
Franco

Postby yungboi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm

is it just me or are these last pages extremely dark

my dad voted for trump. i had managed to convince my mom who usually votes R to vote for Hillary. recently, when i mentioned to him about some of the bullshit that's been happening and why, he actually told me that he made a mistake and was wrong. incredible moment, considering my dad has been a hardcore R, Rush Limbaugh/Michael Savage listening, fox news watching person for so long.

to those that have parents that are totally gone for Trump, idk if this makes any sense, but, you have my sincere hope that people can have moments where they come around and realize things, as difficult and rare as moments like that can be.
yungboi

Postby jhey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Listening to the coverage of this is infuriating, because it hammers home Republican's mastery of pushing the narrative. The e-mail investigation is treated as legitimate - ignoring that it was the result of Republican's relentless hammering of the issue and not due to any real security threat. The FBI/Justice departments decisions seen in the light of neutralizing the batshit republican narratives make sense, but that's been lost over the past 2 years and now nobody is being reminded that this is all of their damn fault.
jhey

Postby yungboi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 pm

jhey wrote:Listening to the coverage of this is infuriating, because it hammers home Republican's mastery of pushing the narrative. The e-mail investigation is treated as legitimate - ignoring that it was the result of Republican's relentless hammering of the issue and not due to any real security threat. The FBI/Justice departments decisions seen in the light of neutralizing the batshit republican narratives make sense, but that's been lost over the past 2 years and now nobody is being reminded that this is all of their damn fault.

it was the first thing on CBS evening news tonight. incredibly depressing and total bullshit.
yungboi

Postby dylanclub » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 pm

badhat wrote:all of that is to say i think you can/should live where you want and leave the US if you want.

yeah this. there's no shame in leaving.
dylanclub

Postby Autarch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:09 pm

i once had idea about what if paul ryan get sitcom called Speaker Of The Couch
Sent from my Lenovo
Autarch

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 pm

the problem with leaving is everywhere else is getting worse too
palmer eldritch

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....