Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby super gas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:53 pm

i personally do not see the purpose of calling them anything but fox news and get pretty :? when i hear someone like chris hayes call them trump tv. we all know what they are but us not using the words "news" with their name does not change the fact that the press in general regard fox news' employees as journalists and has and will continue to come to their defense. everyone but msnbc came to their defense during obama and the next democratic president will still have to invite them to press briefings and play along with them regardless of what they are called.
Last edited by super gas on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
super gas

Postby terminus » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:53 pm

i think i'm gonna order some of those ben shapiro brain pills
terminus

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Milo going by one name now
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby table for one » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:54 pm

they are all going to be in the same place, at the same time?
table for one

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:54 pm

universe wrote:There was a whole progressive cottage industry of anti Fox News content during the Bush era. Books and documentaries and silly names (Faux News). This isn’t unexplored territory.

you have demonstrated a continued lack of awareness for the deep capacity of human hatred and your inability to distinguish the harsh denial of mind and agency that i am proposing from the limp tote bag talk of some implied ponytails on recumbent bikes farmers market tittering at their owns is unsurprising
Sissy Spacerock

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Pretty fitting Kane is there since Politicon is where all of these people reveal that they think all of this is on the same reality plane as pro wrestling
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:55 pm

table for one wrote:they are all going to be in the same place, at the same time?

It’s Politicon, baby!
Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby brent » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:55 pm

it doesn't matter what we call fox news.
Last edited by brent on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brent

Postby gambra » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:56 pm

Ben Shapiro is the #1 headliner.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby super gas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:56 pm

brent wrote:it doesn't matter what we call fox news.

this what i should've said.
super gas

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:57 pm

super gas wrote:i personally do not see the purpose of calling them anything but fox news and get pretty :? when i hear someone like chris hayes call them trump tv. we all know what they are but us not using the words "news" with their name does not change the fact that the press in general regard fox news' employees as journalists and has and will continue to come to their defense. everyone but msnbc came to their defense during obama and the next democratic president will still have to invite them to press briefings and play along with them regardless of what they are called.

"Trump TV" is a play to tie FNC to Trump which is short-term thinking that does little to continually hamstring the GOP as successor shitlords are ascendant. it also forgives them of their GWB crimes. chris hayes is also a fucking dork and is part of "the news" which is not actually the news which we call the news because it's "what the news is." hence allowing yourself the words "fox news" reifies and accepts FNC as "the news," which is what we call the news because it's "what the news is" even though it's not actually the news.
Sissy Spacerock

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm

brent wrote:it doesn't matter what we call fox news.

we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas
Sissy Spacerock

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Sissy Spacerock wrote:
coop wrote:Mitt, thanks

this style of language construction, its detachment and bloodlessness? this is a schumer inversion. it's no coincidence this dude never won a national election. people don't respond to their dickhead bosses.

coop wrote::|

100% of people who are familiar with this word have said this word and this "you either have or you haven't and if you ever have you're permanently excommunicated from public life" condemnatory paranoid anxiety re: permanent ruination of reputation as enabled and exacerbated by the Internet sets the tone for an environment of necessary lying and stupidity, both of which escalate rapidly when you're playing some playground bullshitters game about whether or not "you ever have." there's a problem with the use of the word "use," here: you probably needed to say that word to be taught that word to know that it was bad in the first place, and a child's unknowing word mush is very different from the targeted use of a slur by someone who's intending immediate violence toward a person that that term is applied to. there is necessarily "acceptable use" of this word to me (it's extremely narrow and looks a lot more like holding an archival historical object with a pair of special tongs and gloves that you've cautiously applied in an environment with defined rules for the purposes of examination and you sure as shit Don't Point That Thing at Anyone if you're a white person old enough to understand the words you are using), and doing taboo word dances that allow for this sort of constant need to lie (I think iffy people call this "virtue signaling," but i'm really not trying to excoriate anyone here -- language constructs our reality and in this current moment language is a minefield and it's a casual parlor game now to try to get someone fired from their job, etc. if their opinions prove unpopular or inelegantly stated, and it rightfully makes people nervous as hell and leads to dishonesty).

in our world lying favors conservatives. creating and enabling that kind of environment directly plays into their hands, and insisting on having some anti-septic conversation about race relations is the privilege of people who will never have to deal with the unclear and confusing rules of engagement of those frequently panicked conversations on the ground with mixed company. this disallows conversational dynamism, "learning opportunities," opportunities for mutual understanding, etc. exactly the sort of rule set that favors willfully ignorant liars.

Self Destructive Zone wrote:all the responses to white people using the n-word post are like "duh, a 100% of white people probably use it and just won't say" but I am legitimately disappointed, if not shocked.

I just finished reading killers of the flower moon, and that's probably influencing this, but I don't think white people should be allowed toy have kids. I think evil is baked into their dna.

person who qualifies as "white person" (if my understanding is incorrect let me know, i don't keep a spreadsheet, but you understand the broader pattern i'm describing) writing about "white people" as "them" and "they" will eventually be studied by academics if there are still academics (probably every white person with fingertips and thumbs under ~30 and many over has done this, i've done this, but i think this is another "playing into their hands" thing in terms of shit that isn't gonna do anybody any favors)

i guess my thrust here, judo masochistic as it is to be leaning into the potential for lazy dragging, is that the way a lot of people i otherwise agree with now elect to communicate on some foundational level partially enables open, flagrant dishonesty like this:

super gas wrote:none of this shit matters anyways. per graham, only treason warrants attention from congress.

I am a white person and should have said us, but also, that's not an actual policy prescription or even something I would post on twitter where it could be taken and run with by a conservative. it's just unhelpful toothless empty venting on our message board of mostly white and male, and almost entirely left music message board. that said, read killers of the flower moon and tell me that we aren't mostly evil
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored
Self Destructive Zone

Postby loaf angel » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:59 pm

goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron
loaf angel

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:59 pm

it's always weird to watch CNN international somewhere and hear several actual stories in the span of 5 minutes
Ferrous Bueller

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Trump administration is using federal disability law to disenfranchise minority voters

A majority-black county in rural Georgia announced a plan last week to close seven of its nine polling places ahead of the November election, claiming the polls cannot continue to operate because they are not compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The county is over 61 percent black, and one of the polling locations that would be shuttered serves a precinct where more than 95 percent of voters are African American. Had the U.S. Supreme Court not gutted the Voting Rights Act in 2013, the closures would most likely have been blocked by the Department of Justice.
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby gambra » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Hope everyone gets settled in for the four lecture slot given to Mayor Glenn "Kane" Jacobs at Politicon!

gambra

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:03 pm

being difficult about the language you use because it is fundamentally unfavorable as a rule set for acceptable communication for your purposes creates collective interest groups through binary questions posed by heightened contradictions creates new modes of communication creates subcultural affiliations creates new jargon creates broader acceptance of jargon enables adaptation and appropriation of the jargon and now you own people's minds and can activate and organize and people who are forced to exist in what are effectively the ideologically occupied territories of the United States (think cities in the Midwest or literally any large population of non-white people) can socially signal their solidarity or affiliation through the use of new methods of expression.

but yeah, orange cheeto drumpf
Sissy Spacerock

Postby Bartatua » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:05 pm

The response to all gop/maga talking points/arguments should simply be "shup"
i broke somebody's ribs
Bartatua

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Skerple wrote:
VHGisdead wrote:
nice pass wrote:You should apologize for your racist post dubs

you are being impossibly stupid about this

that's not stupidity it's a conscious trolly deflection

that's also stupid though.
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored
Self Destructive Zone

Postby dimetrodons 'r' us » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:07 pm

This is so fucking heinous:

In Randolph County, the closures are being orchestrated by elections consultant Mike Malone, who the county initially hired to help find a replacement elections supervisor after the previous person resigned. During testimony last week, one of the county’s two remaining elections officials said he contacted Secretary of State Brian Kemp (R)’s office for help filling the vacancy, and Kemp suggested the county hire Malone. It’s not clear why Malone decided to pivot from that task to pursuing the closure of polling places.

During a community meeting last week, Malone testified that his proposal is not racially-motivated, but about saving costs and helping the county comply with federal disability law.

“Is this the right time? The answer is no. It’s not. The reason it’s not the right time? It’s never the right time,” Malone said, responding to concerns that the closures are coming so close to an important election. When a county resident asked if he would be open to finding other ADA-compliant polling locations, Malone said that he was “not hired to find alternatives.”
For one, I don't want to be known as the guy who randomly goes around and fixes people's computers. Even though I do that.
dimetrodons 'r' us

Postby Feech La Manna » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:07 pm

fucking oof

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:07 pm

this, for example, through no fault of your own is a failure of imagination in re: to what "we" as people who consider ourselves righteous or reasoned or whatever should not accept that it is an acceptable condition to be e.g. "rooting for" this guy to have been "legal" any more than we "root for" mass shooters to have "been white." efforts should be made to kill that at the root. it's a game of unfavorable terms. maybe that's just life but if you've got energy coursing through your body you don't have to accept the shit. you can revolt on a personal level. pitchforks in the street is difficult, but you can tranche yourself if you truly believe
Last edited by Sissy Spacerock on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sissy Spacerock

Postby speakers » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Sissy Spacerock wrote:being difficult about the language you use because it is fundamentally unfavorable as a rule set for acceptable communication for your purposes creates collective interest groups through binary questions posed by heightened contradictions creates new modes of communication creates subcultural affiliations creates new jargon creates broader acceptance of jargon enables adaptation and appropriation of the jargon and now you own people's minds and can activate and organize and people who are forced to exist in what are effectively the ideologically occupied territories of the United States (think cities in the Midwest or literally any large population of non-white people) can socially signal their solidarity or affiliation through the use of new methods of expression.

the thing about cormac mcarthy is that while he uses minimal punctuation he also writes coherent sentences
speakers

Postby super gas » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:09 pm

Ferrous Bueller wrote:it's always weird to watch CNN international somewhere and hear several actual stories in the span of 5 minutes

news abroad is weird. i was just home for three weeks and swedish news is right now 25% about how different animal species are dealing with the recording breaking warm summer. and we have an election in like two weeks.

also, this is the first ever political ad i have ever seen in sweden.

this guy used to be a welder, became a union leader and is now our prime minister.
super gas

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:10 pm

speakers wrote:
Sissy Spacerock wrote:being difficult about the language you use because it is fundamentally unfavorable as a rule set for acceptable communication for your purposes creates collective interest groups through binary questions posed by heightened contradictions creates new modes of communication creates subcultural affiliations creates new jargon creates broader acceptance of jargon enables adaptation and appropriation of the jargon and now you own people's minds and can activate and organize and people who are forced to exist in what are effectively the ideologically occupied territories of the United States (think cities in the Midwest or literally any large population of non-white people) can socially signal their solidarity or affiliation through the use of new methods of expression.

the thing about cormac mcarthy is that while he uses minimal punctuation he also writes coherent sentences

the thing about you is that my existence seems to fundamentally call into question the need for relative comparisons for you on some individual level and perhaps there is an element of your swallowed desire to understand that you need to confront in the absence of my handhold
Sissy Spacerock

Postby gambra » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Is Sissy doing a gimmick or is that how they post now.

gambra

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 pm

the thing about cormac mccarthy is this is a boot named after him

Sissy Spacerock

Postby speakers » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:11 pm

Sissy Spacerock wrote:
speakers wrote:

the thing about you is that my existence seems to fundamentally call into question the need for relative comparisons for you on some individual level and perhaps there is an element of your swallowed desire to understand that you need to confront in the absence of my handhold

just fucking post in the thread i made for you!

(and anywhere else you like!)
speakers

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:12 pm

gambra wrote:Is Sissy doing a gimmick or is that how they post now.

the thing about you is i associate you with HMV in-store performances but i'm not sure if we've ever interacted
Sissy Spacerock

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....