Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 pm

tgk wrote:I mean forgive us for being dismissive of these Russia revelations but they don't mean jack shit going forward.

if it becomes clear that the president conspired with russia to win an election with either a quid pro quo scheme or a blackmail scheme or both - and that seems more likely than not given what we've learned over the last 2 years - and that "won't mean jack shit going forward" for trump, his family, the GOP, international relations, the 2020 election, the media, etc., well i guess we'll have to disagree!

seems like something worth talking about
Last edited by Buzz Fledderjohn on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby loaf angel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:41 pm

tgk wrote:I mean forgive us for being dismissive of these Russia revelations but they don't mean jack shit going forward.

politically no. but there's a good story there completely independent of it all.
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby Autarch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 pm

durham, congrats on 40k posts

Autarch

Postby Durham » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 pm

Walker bowl pic needs a spoiler tag jfc

Durham

Postby Macgregor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 pm

Kinda confused how one could participate in and read this thread on a regular basis and still believe there's nothing to the Russia stuff

Macgregor

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:45 pm

Macgregor wrote:Kinda confused how one could participate in and read this thread on a regular basis and still believe there's nothing to the Russia stuff

i think a big factor is knowing there are technically more important issues out there that A) aren't being beaten to death by obnoxious boomer libs and B) are more relevant to progressives' long-term goals.

so it's preferable for a lot on the left to just either ignore it or be cynical or dismissive of it. which is fine, just be honest about what's happened and what's been reported; calling it "hysteria" or being confident that "actually no nothing happened, move on libs" is what bothers me
Last edited by Buzz Fledderjohn on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Debbie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 pm

i think the russia thing is pretty clear

the biggest problem is if there's no actual conspiracy wrt hacked emails, it's not criminal, just insanely gross and unscrupulous. what's also complicating is that the u.s. has obviously done this same sort of shit forever. and worst of all, the biggest interference was probably expertly identifying the desperate, racist underbelly of middle america

Debbie

Postby Ersaph » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:

“I was killed in a car crash 18 months ago in this very spot.”

my nephew named ARMY died three times
And I feel like this year is really about, just the year of realizing stuff.

Ersaph

Postby Ersaph » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:50 pm

saranclaps wrote:
palmer eldritch wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:anyone want to speculate on why DOJ/FBI is all of a sudden leaking about old trump+russia shit in major stories on consecutive days?

theres no pattern here just noise
i dunno, i'd probably be mad about not getting paid tbh

It's actually probably a way to get paid
And I feel like this year is really about, just the year of realizing stuff.

Ersaph

Postby Macgregor » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:52 pm

I just think it's fucking wild that there are people capable of hearing any allegation or terrible rumor about Trump at this point and thinking it's too farfetched

The only stuff I feel confident dismissing anymore precludes some iota of calculation or intelligence on his part

Macgregor

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:00 pm

joe wrote:if muller finds something that sticks it's going to be some tangentially related money laundering scheme

I suspect it will be directly related but too complicated for it to make any headway with the general public and it will be spun easily
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored

Self Destructive Zone

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:08 pm

Classic Dog Avatar wrote:i think the russia thing is pretty clear

the biggest problem is if there's no actual conspiracy wrt hacked emails, it's not criminal, just insanely gross and unscrupulous. what's also complicating is that the u.s. has obviously done this same sort of shit forever. and worst of all, the biggest interference was probably expertly identifying the desperate, racist underbelly of middle america

Yeah I saw Dave Chappelle asked about Russia for some reason and he was like “I mean they probably interfered but did they make America racist?” and if that was a post it’s be one I still think about
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored

Self Destructive Zone

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:10 pm

i think all the russia shit is true

i just don’t think it touches trump for some legal reason i don’t understand
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 pm

i admit it’s really funny everyone attached to him gets fucked tho
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 pm

maybe they did

palmer eldritch

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:12 pm

mcwop23 wrote:i think all the russia shit is true

i just don’t think it touches trump for some legal reason i don’t understand

i think SDNY poses much more of a threat to him personally than mueller, especially if he loses next year

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Debbie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:14 pm

i think the most critical piece is going to be basically impossible to prove: that the trump campaign was trading political favors for crimes and were complicit in those

Debbie

Postby tgk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:16 pm

how much you think trump can grift his 2020 campaign, how many field offices will be at trump properties, how blatant is everyone going to be with this considering the ship is sinking. he should start going on the campaign trail with the govt shut down.

tgk

Postby Debbie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20 pm

he's going to make $50M off the campaign and win again

Debbie

Postby tgk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 pm

i thought about the possibility of having a D house and gaining a D senate but trump squeaking by on election night.

tgk

Postby Debbie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm

prepare for that and more

it will get worse before it gets better

Debbie

Postby goldsoundz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

i kinda doubt the democrats will ever win back the senate

goldsoundz

Postby freezinseason » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:25 pm

to be honest russia should be allowed to tamper in usa elections (if its true). you guys did it with their elections, so why not

freezinseason

Postby tgk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:26 pm

surprised tsa workers aren't striking yet, if they aren't getting paid might as well walk a picket line. stop these dc assholes from traveling anywhere

tgk

Postby Debbie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:31 pm

freezinseason wrote:to be honest russia should be allowed to tamper in usa elections (if its true). you guys did it with their elections, so why not

nobody's actually talking about stopping interference/disinformation/propaganda, which is to me the interesting thing

Debbie

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm

i guess i assume that given the usa fucks with everyone's elections other countries probably have fucked with ours too

the reason that liberals get mad that people on the left aren't concerning themselves with russia "meddling" in the election is that if it's confirmed that russia "meddled" then none of them actually have to reflect on how they lost the easiest election ever

"ah you see russia cheated us....no i don't need to reconsider calling the cops on every black guy i see"
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm

Classic Dog Avatar wrote:
freezinseason wrote:to be honest russia should be allowed to tamper in usa elections (if its true). you guys did it with their elections, so why not

nobody's actually talking about stopping interference/disinformation/propaganda, which is to me the interesting thing

well let me tell you what *i* think the interesting thing is...

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:34 pm

huh, russia influenced the election...yaaas abuela! eat all the bacon

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Debbie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 pm

i think it's likely

a) ussr/russia had more important shit to worry about post-perestroika with 20 years of shitconomy
b) they weren't all that good at that / didn't have effective vectors or reason to go full throttle

it's not like a huge hack to look at the u.s. and realize man there's a huge faction of america that is impacted by globalization & modernization and that has a huge overlap with systemic lingering racism

Debbie

Postby Jimmy Firecracker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 pm

Classic Dog Avatar wrote:

murray st. wrote:how many levels of populism are you on

Jimmy Firecracker

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....