Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Quizzical » Fri May 31, 2019 6:51 pm

what was the digorno tweet

edit: never mind didnt see the date
Last edited by Quizzical on Fri May 31, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quizzical

Postby mortimer » Fri May 31, 2019 7:47 pm

mortimer wrote:

Carlos Smith is great. Fuck Mike Hill.

mortimer

Postby Mesh » Fri May 31, 2019 8:49 pm

KALM wrote:Just to be clear, the memo said they could prosecute.

But the memo included an unusually long discussion about the arguments against being able to prosecute, which a Republican Supreme Court would almost certainly adopt in full. On the other hand a Republican Supreme Court would probably find a way to toss the conviction even without a Senate acquittal, so this probably shouldn't matter either way.

So is this specific to federal prosecution or like... everything?
Everybody's got a ticket to ride 'cept for me and my lightning.

Mesh

Postby funkfunkfunk » Fri May 31, 2019 9:51 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:

you hate to see it

dude literally wanted to do a Salo
jockesh or jakesh in farsi means pimp and unlike american in farsi pimp is a big insult and commonly applied to scoundrels and bad people like bush jr and i dont know of a word for actual jocks i dont think its a thing in iran but also anyway i wanted to say i believe in nothing

funkfunkfunk

Postby compatibility mode » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:01 am

You just know bannon is gonna sneak back into the crypt because he hasn't recouped enough life force

compatibility mode

Postby furrowed brow » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:39 am

furrowed brow

Postby hbb » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:44 am

Lol
hbb

Postby dubs » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:49 am

The whole discussion around “if we impeach, he can’t be prosecuted once he leaves office” is such a lazy fucking discussion to have, so of course the Dems are going that route.

They’re scared to make the wrong move, so they’re choosing to do nothing. So now he won’t be impeached and he also won’t be prosecuted once he leaves office because rich white men never get any comeuppance.

Fuck the Dems and fuck this dumb earth.

dubs

Postby fester » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:56 am

Here's the new remarkably dumb shit Alan Dershowitz is peddling and you can expect fox news to parrot a million times in the coming months:

If the House were to impeach for a noncrime, the president's lawyer could make a motion to the chief justice to dismiss the case, just as a lawyer for an ordinary defendant can make a motion to dismiss an indictment that did not charge a crime. The chief justice would be asked to enforce the senatorial oath by dismissing an impeachment that violated the words of the Constitution. There is no assurance that the chief justice would rule on such a motion, but it is certainly possible.
------------

fester

Postby fester » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:57 am

So it's illegal to indict a president and also the president is immune to impeachment if he hasn't been indicted.
------------

fester

Postby emotional fascism » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 am

if the furor gets loud enough from the House, could they go the no confidence route on Pelosi?
Last edited by emotional fascism on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

emotional fascism

Postby goofjan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 am

impeachment would be a symbolic victory with huge, positive ripple effects. this fucking stupid goddamn hand wringing and open strategizing from the democrats is infuriating. they know what they need to do. why won't they fucking do it? glad to see these fucking assholes worried about their job security while children are dying in cages. bravo. fuckers.
plz if u get a chanse put some flowrs on algernons grave kthxbye

goofjan

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:27 pm

i thought pelosi was angling to be done by 2020 anyway
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:29 pm

emotional fascism wrote:if the furor gets loud enough from the House, could they go the no confidence route on Pelosi?

only like 40 something democrats are on the record for favoring impeachment

palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:31 pm

actually it hit 52 last week for an "impeachment inquiry" which is about 1/5 of the caucus

palmer eldritch

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:41 pm

serious questions for the "Dems need to quit hand-wringing" crew

1. assume for the sake of argument that impeachment remains unpopular, potentially costing both the WH and the House in 2020, if it happens. are you still down

2. are you sure Pence wouldn't be a worse president?

I'm nominally pro-impeachment but these are my hangups. like I would love to assume that doing the obviously right thing is obviously good and an equally tired of the mealymouth from leadership but my fear is: what if things bad instead of good

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby tgk » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:01 pm

If impeaching him means he wins in 2020 we were fucked anyway.

tgk

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:15 pm

if the alternative was doing nothing and winning I would disagree, winning is nice

palmer eldritch

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:18 pm

it's probably all overdetermined because everyone has an opinion on donald trump and 2020 will be the highest turnout election of our lifetimes so its not really about motivating bases, theyre all gonna vote, and what the democrats do or don't do doesn't really matter, but introducing uncertainty when your position seems favorable is a bad strategy to win elections

palmer eldritch

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:30 pm

the kids gotta vote

it’s gotta be bernie
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:32 pm

what if trump gets removed from office, runs in 2020, and wins
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby worrywort » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:what if trump gets removed from office, runs in 2020, and wins

Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

worrywort

Postby pinkerton » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:50 pm

fester wrote:Here's the new remarkably dumb shit Alan Dershowitz is peddling and you can expect fox news to parrot a million times in the coming months:

If the House were to impeach for a noncrime, the president's lawyer could make a motion to the chief justice to dismiss the case, just as a lawyer for an ordinary defendant can make a motion to dismiss an indictment that did not charge a crime. The chief justice would be asked to enforce the senatorial oath by dismissing an impeachment that violated the words of the Constitution. There is no assurance that the chief justice would rule on such a motion, but it is certainly possible.

Gaslighting: Con Law 101 edition

pinkerton

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:32 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:2020 will be the highest turnout election of our lifetimes

the only exception to this would be mike pence vs. joe biden

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Buzz Fledderjohn » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:33 pm

jesus that would be a sad election

Buzz Fledderjohn

Postby Robo-Chachi » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:40 pm

Can we get a stat on how many Trump voters die every day, on average?

Robo-Chachi

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:42 pm

wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby mcwop23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:43 pm

didn’t know where to put that, nice ratio etc
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby endless dave » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:35 pm

struttin' evil mushroom wrote:2. are you sure Pence wouldn't be a worse president?

how many times has this been asked and answered in this thread, do you think. to go through it again:

in the situation where Mike Pence became the president for a year after Trump is kicked out of office, no, he would not be worse

even wider, if he somehow made it through and got not only then the nomination with a hastily put together GOP primary and then somehow won in 2020, even then he would be a better president than Trump, absolutely, 100%

endless dave

Postby Big Oil » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:40 pm

struttin' evil mushroom wrote:serious questions for the "Dems need to quit hand-wringing" crew

1. assume for the sake of argument that impeachment remains unpopular, potentially costing both the WH and the House in 2020, if it happens. are you still down

2. are you sure Pence wouldn't be a worse president?

I'm nominally pro-impeachment but these are my hangups. like I would love to assume that doing the obviously right thing is obviously good and an equally tired of the mealymouth from leadership but my fear is: what if things bad instead of good

at some point if you want to be an actor in national politics you need to get over the idea that you shouldn't do something until the polling is solid because it might possibly not succeed or lead to some result you don't like. polling will never be solid on any decision that matters, and it fosters a completely conservative and inert view of what it means to be a political party exercising power.

people across the ideological spectrum hate the democratic party because they surmise (correctly) that it's full of a bunch of careerist losers who possess no independent will to action.

Big Oil

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....