You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby jack » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:14 pm

soda popinski

jack

Postby surly » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:15 pm

whatabout tim wrote:It is so dumb that we are focused on the quid pro quo when Trump's baseless withholding of aid is illegal on its face.

actually focusing on the quid pro quo is dumb yes, but you need all of these details to prove that the withholding of aid was, in fact, baseless. withholding the money on its own is not illegal unless it's withheld past the end of the fiscal year (and in this case it was released in time)
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby whatabout tim » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:19 pm

I legitimately did not think the aid was released surly. I couldn't find anything concrete and assumed the admin was kicking the can down the road until the new fiscal year.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby saranclaps » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:19 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:mr. swan is cranky!

big reporter boy mad that someone wont ttalk to him
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby surly » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:20 pm

whatabout tim wrote:I legitimately did not think the aid was released surly. I couldn't find anything concrete and assumed the admin was kicking the can down the road until the new fiscal year.

oh lol
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby saranclaps » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:21 pm

farmer wrote:
dan wrote:guys its all nothing

use the face app my dude. those teeth are as unattractive as galaxy brain man's policy ideas.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby whatabout tim » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Something about sean davis's eye color/skin pallor is particularly ghoulish. The background isn't doing him any favors though.
tim

whatabout tim

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:24 pm

tgk

Postby powderfinger » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:32 pm

whatabout tim wrote:It is so dumb that we are focused on the quid pro quo when Trump's baseless withholding of aid is illegal on its face.

What drives me absolutely insane about this scandal, and honestly most of the Mueller investigation, is that they have framed the underlying misconduct as not playing by the Honorable Rules of Politics. "No fair, you're making it harder for us to beat you than it's supposed to be!" No fucking shit, because they are playing to win. They think it's very bad for this country if Democrats have power. They think the stakes are high and the ends justify the means. The victory condition that Democrats have established in both of these scandals is for Republicans to be shamed into declaring, "sorry we went too far, we admit fault and promise to wear the kid gloves next time. We know this puts us at a political disadvantage in the upcoming election, but fair is fair."

If the tables were turned and we were making progress on social democratic reforms, how bad would the misconduct have to be for us to effectively hand over power to the snarling fascists? I don't know what my threshold is, and obviously I wouldn't expect a leader I supported to put me in the position of choosing, but it's probably higher than clownishly interfering with our management of the empire abroad to kneecap the fascists at home.

Not to dismiss the criminality of all of this. It's outrageous. But there are so many crimes going on, and not all of them require you to sympathize with Democrats as the victims. Republicans wouldn't impeach him for those either, but I dunno, maybe it's like 10% more painful for them to defend financial crimes than it is to defend playing dirty against Democrats.

powderfinger

Postby coop » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:45 pm

coop

Postby Mr Spaceship » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:50 pm

not really

seems like an easy thing to sell their stupid voters

Mr Spaceship

Postby Mr Spaceship » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:50 pm

regardless of whether or not there actually was one

Mr Spaceship

Postby Bad Craziness » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:55 pm

powderfinger wrote:

What drives me absolutely insane about this scandal, and honestly most of the Mueller investigation, is that they have framed the underlying misconduct as not playing by the Honorable Rules of Politics. "No fair, you're making it harder for us to beat you than it's supposed to be!" No fucking shit, because they are playing to win. They think it's very bad for this country if Democrats have power. They think the stakes are high and the ends justify the means. The victory condition that Democrats have established in both of these scandals is for Republicans to be shamed into declaring, "sorry we went too far, we admit fault and promise to wear the kid gloves next time. We know this puts us at a political disadvantage in the upcoming election, but fair is fair."

If the tables were turned and we were making progress on social democratic reforms, how bad would the misconduct have to be for us to effectively hand over power to the snarling fascists? I don't know what my threshold is, and obviously I wouldn't expect a leader I supported to put me in the position of choosing, but it's probably higher than clownishly interfering with our management of the empire abroad to kneecap the fascists at home.

Not to dismiss the criminality of all of this. It's outrageous. But there are so many crimes going on, and not all of them require you to sympathize with Democrats as the victims. Republicans wouldn't impeach him for those either, but I dunno, maybe it's like 10% more painful for them to defend financial crimes than it is to defend playing dirty against Democrats.

I see what you’re getting at here, but none of this shit happens in a neutral contextual bubble. It’s always about the hair-splitting specifics of the given situation, and about what “sticks”.

If hypothetical Democrats were to hypothetically withhold military aid in exchange for potentially damning information about Republicans relevant to an upcoming election, that situation would play out based on the relevant details

trump is such a catastrophic disaster, and has taken american politics so far off the map, it’s basically impossible to imagine what’s likely to happen in any future administration

Bad Craziness

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 pm

isn’t their whole defense of the corruption just doing it blatantly out in the open and daring anyone to actually act?

so far so good
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Mr Spaceship wrote:not really

do you think > 10% of Trump voters could functionally define "quid pro quo" in even a generous/loose sense?

it's exceedingly difficult for me to imagine > 10% of gen pop voters can
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby Bad Craziness » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:04 pm

mcwop23 wrote:isn’t their whole defense of the corruption just doing it blatantly out in the open and daring anyone to actually act?

so far so good

their defense is that investigating Hunter Biden’s activity is relevant to American interests as a whole and the fact that his dad is a leading candidate for the next election is a coincidence

Bad Craziness

Postby bongo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:06 pm

just to be clear, “no justice no comeuppances” is still the correct camp to be in
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby loaf angel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:09 pm

coop wrote:

no quid pro homo
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby Sissy Spacerock » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Sissy Spacerock wrote:

do you think > 10% of Trump voters could functionally define "quid pro quo" in even a generous/loose sense?

like for real you could do some Jay Leno/New Left (what happened to them anyway) shit in Indianaland and i bet you could get people to offer all kinds of opinions about the "quid pro quo" AR-enabled motion-stabilized camera and like three Evil Soup-Stained Attorneys who'd be glad to tell you why it's not applicable to the ongoing dissolution and a bunch of blank stares otherwise
ʸᴼᵁ ᵀᴴᴵᴺᴷ ʸᴼᵁ ᴷᴺᴼᵂ ᴹᴱ

Sissy Spacerock

Postby murray st. » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:14 pm

currently hoping trump resigns before i get home from work because i suspect my girlfriend wants to "have a talk" and it would be a great distraction... do the right thing cheeto man

murray st.

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:26 pm

God if Trump resigned that would make me so happy.

That or his heart giving out on him on live tv
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Cronos » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:28 pm

murray st. wrote:currently hoping trump resigns before i get home from work because i suspect my girlfriend wants to "have a talk" and it would be a great distraction... do the right thing cheeto man

Breakup with her before she even gets a chance.

Cronos

Postby Cronos » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:28 pm

Or is she pregnant because in that case Congratulations Murray St!

Cronos

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:29 pm

The little talk is that she's a Bernie bro
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Fuck being hard, Petty is complicated. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby coop » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:31 pm

coop

Postby Cronos » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:32 pm

Kenny wrote:The little talk is that she's a Bernie bro

Mazel Tov!

Cronos

Postby toots » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Sissy Spacerock wrote:

boomers: hell naw I hate Chinese food

toots

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:50 pm

lmao
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby GonzO))) » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:51 pm

powderfinger wrote:

Oh my god same. Listening to msnbc frame this as Pelosi insisting on keeping this all easily contained and explained, when the fucker and his entire administration is criminal by design is so obnoxious. “They aren’t excited about using the emoluments...” fucking why? How is that not easily explained? The shit about him making money every time he goes to one of his hotels to play golf and forces the secret service to rent entire floors of rooms, or selling bottles of shitty wine with the presidential seal, or the 80 fucking things we know about Jared that are cut and dry examples of these goblins explicitly using their positions to personally enrich themselves... how are those not things you can easily point to as not fucking cool and reason enough to never trust any republican to get in this position again? Just zero faith whatsoever that these idiots truly grasp what’s going on or where this leads after trump is gone. It’s only going to get worse, and that’s something that somehow, just doesn’t seem to be clicking. Instead of ending up with a batshit crazy tabloid turd in 2050 after Florida sunk into the ocean and refugee stuff really started ramping up, we jumped the gun a few decades and have it now. I joke about President Richard spencer sometimes but like, that guy being a serious contender for the GOP nomination in 10 years doesn’t seem crazy to me at all.

Throw everything at these fuckers like they’re daring you to! They get away with everything and we cry about no justice no comeuppance because only the most vanilla, procedural bullshit gets serious pushback. The golf trips that have personally netted him millions of dollars is cool to Congress, but the G7 thing? Crossing a line bro! Slice up public land for the extraction industry all you want but spend a few grand on some office furniture and yr toast bud! I think more than anything, to me anyway, this has really driven home how morally bankrupt the Democratic Party is. We knew the GOP was a cave of vampires, and I’ve always kind of acknowledged the Democrats as disappointing but necessary as the only thing really standing in the way keeping us from going over the cliff at this weird Burning Man festival that is this gay earth. Now it just seems like they’re distracted over at a dipndots machine over there while we’re gunning toward the edge of the canyon in a dune buggy.

GonzO)))

Postby Feech La Manna » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:51 pm

wtf is wrong with Kevin Drum pt. 1,284

badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....