POTUS Trump Thread

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby axelrod gunnarson » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Julius Sumner Miller wrote:
polybius wrote:fucked up that for all the advanced technology there is there's not a type of projectile with absolute pinpoint precision that can remotely just take out the suits in washington responsible for this

i'm so fucking tired and from the looks of it this guy is going to die of natural causes instead of by someone else's hand like we all hope

i'm legitimately so tired.


I guess I am stupid and naive enough to think this was 100% trump. Like, I can't imagine the Pentagon thought this was a good idea. Look at the statement they put out. It's something some tired spokesman just whipped up in 30 seconds. "Soleymani was drawing up plans to kill US soldiers". That's literally Soleymani's whole job. You can pick any random day over the past two decades and I bet yep, old Qasem was drawing up some plans, just like literally every day some dude at CENTCOM clocks in and starts tweaking the transitions in the "How To Kill Iranian Soldiers" power point deck.


I mean, realistically anyone with half a brain would have tried to talk him out of it, but they wouldn't be able to do anything about it except talk, correct?
User avatar

axelrod gunnarson
ok
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 am

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:26 pm

One thing I think leftists and anti-imperialists in the West need to understand is that Trump is super popular among many people in Iran, the people who hate the government and see Trump as someone who also hates their government.

It's impossible for me to say how many since good polling data doesn't exist but they are out there and they are all over social media.
User avatar

Julius Sumner Miller
 
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Postby tgk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:26 pm

User avatar

tgk
 
Posts: 41951
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby soft milk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:27 pm

sounds great
you are only coming through in waves
User avatar

soft milk
 
Posts: 40155
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:05 am

Postby tgk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:28 pm

Sounds about right
User avatar

tgk
 
Posts: 41951
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:29 pm

tgk wrote:


uh, too late???
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 93538
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby bruceagain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:30 pm

Julius Sumner Miller wrote:
bruceagain wrote:
Ted Pikul wrote:Of fucking course


that is insanely stupid even by fleischer's standards


I am not clicking on that, but he's not totally wrong based on the pull quote. There are going to be a significant number of people who are happy he's dead. But not that many, and no one with any power.
it's far far more likely to stoke anti-american sentiment
soleimani and foreign affairs in general have far more popular support than say hourani or other domestic actors
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
User avatar

bruceagain
 
Posts: 33761
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 am
Location: lived in trees

Postby Durham » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:31 pm

man

User avatar

Durham
 
Posts: 41844
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm
Location: 火車

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:31 pm

it feels like the deepest rot in how the American media covers war is that the biggest taboo is absolutely any kind of self-examination, even regarding stuff that happend 2 hours ago
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 93538
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby bruceagain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 pm

polybius wrote:fucked up that for all the advanced technology there is there's not a type of projectile with absolute pinpoint precision that can remotely just take out the suits in washington responsible for this

you mean bullets?
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
User avatar

bruceagain
 
Posts: 33761
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 am
Location: lived in trees

Postby palmer eldritch » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 pm

been out of pocket all day anything happen
User avatar

palmer eldritch
 
Posts: 46450
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Postby saranclaps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:34 pm

failsons in charge of army now
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
User avatar

saranclaps
 
Posts: 21874
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: vasing for interludes

Postby polybius » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:34 pm

bruceagain wrote:
polybius wrote:fucked up that for all the advanced technology there is there's not a type of projectile with absolute pinpoint precision that can remotely just take out the suits in washington responsible for this

you mean bullets?

Image
User avatar

polybius
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 pm

Postby polybius » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:34 pm

though i guess "remote" is the key word here
User avatar

polybius
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 pm

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:35 pm

saranclaps wrote:failsons in charge of army now


What in the actual fuck
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 93538
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby saranclaps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:36 pm

Julius Sumner Miller wrote:One thing I think leftists and anti-imperialists in the West need to understand is that Trump is super popular among many people in Iran, the people who hate the government and see Trump as someone who also hates their government.

It's impossible for me to say how many since good polling data doesn't exist but they are out there and they are all over social media.
Is there a more compelling point? This sounds like generic middle eastern nation-state social media astroturfing.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
User avatar

saranclaps
 
Posts: 21874
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: vasing for interludes

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:39 pm

i see cory booker is already out equivocating and justifying the assassination while just broadly questioning trump's foreign policy. we're fucked
User avatar

Pops Freshenmeyer
 
Posts: 4109
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:12 am

Postby bruceagain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:40 pm

saranclaps wrote:
Julius Sumner Miller wrote:One thing I think leftists and anti-imperialists in the West need to understand is that Trump is super popular among many people in Iran, the people who hate the government and see Trump as someone who also hates their government.

It's impossible for me to say how many since good polling data doesn't exist but they are out there and they are all over social media.
Is there a more compelling point? This sounds like generic middle eastern nation-state social media astroturfing.

can you not
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
User avatar

bruceagain
 
Posts: 33761
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 am
Location: lived in trees

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:42 pm

bruceagain wrote:it's far far more likely to stoke anti-american sentiment
soleimani and foreign affairs in general have far more popular support than say hourani or other domestic actors


Totally true, all of it. But there is a significant group of people who hate Iran's foreign policy and Soleymani. These people are nationalist in orientation, more than a little racist against Arabs, and question why Iran spends so much on Syria, Yemen, Lebanon, Palestine, etc. "Not Ghaza, Not Lebanon - My Life is For Iran" is a popular slogan these people use.

Like I said, I can't say how many of these people they are -- they are clearly not a majority -- but these sentiments are expressed routinely at major protests and all over social media.
User avatar

Julius Sumner Miller
 
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Postby bruceagain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:45 pm

Julius Sumner Miller wrote:
bruceagain wrote:it's far far more likely to stoke anti-american sentiment
soleimani and foreign affairs in general have far more popular support than say hourani or other domestic actors


Totally true, all of it. But there is a significant group of people who hate Iran's foreign policy and Soleymani. These people are nationalist in orientation, more than a little racist against Arabs, and question why Iran spends so much on Syria, Yemen, Lebanon, Palestine, etc. "Not Ghaza, Not Lebanon - My Life is For Iran" is a popular slogan these people use.

Like I said, I can't say how many of these people they are -- they are clearly not a majority -- but these sentiments are expressed routinely at major protests and all over social media.

oh I'm not really disagreeing with you, there also your usual smattering of pacifists and whatnot
just saying that ari fucking fleischer claiming the people of iran are off to friday prayers ecstatic about this situation is bonkers
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
User avatar

bruceagain
 
Posts: 33761
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 am
Location: lived in trees

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:48 pm

saranclaps wrote:Is there a more compelling point? This sounds like generic middle eastern nation-state social media astroturfing.


The social media stuff could very well be astroturfing. Hard to say. The MEK is certainly extremely active. But I've talked to enough people in Iran -- people who themselves know I hate Trump -- who tell me this stuff.
User avatar

Julius Sumner Miller
 
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Postby reversemigraine » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:49 pm

Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:i see cory booker is already out equivocating and justifying the assassination while just broadly questioning trump's foreign policy. we're fucked


It'll be so satisfying to see this clown suspend his campaign tomorrow afternoon.
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14067
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:51 pm

bruceagain wrote:oh I'm not really disagreeing with you, there also your usual smattering of pacifists and whatnot
just saying that ari fucking fleischer claiming the people of iran are off to friday prayers ecstatic about this situation is bonkers


definitely.
User avatar

Julius Sumner Miller
 
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Postby saranclaps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:53 pm

Julius Sumner Miller wrote:
saranclaps wrote:Is there a more compelling point? This sounds like generic middle eastern nation-state social media astroturfing.


The social media stuff could very well be astroturfing. Hard to say. The MEK is certainly extremely active. But I've talked to enough people in Iran -- people who themselves know I hate Trump -- who tell me this stuff.
thanks.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
User avatar

saranclaps
 
Posts: 21874
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: vasing for interludes

Postby saranclaps » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:55 pm

bruceagain wrote:
saranclaps wrote:
Julius Sumner Miller wrote:One thing I think leftists and anti-imperialists in the West need to understand is that Trump is super popular among many people in Iran, the people who hate the government and see Trump as someone who also hates their government.

It's impossible for me to say how many since good polling data doesn't exist but they are out there and they are all over social media.
Is there a more compelling point? This sounds like generic middle eastern nation-state social media astroturfing.

can you not
there are so many nonstate and state actor astoturfing campaigns out of middle east at absurd scale (10s of thousands of accts) for all sorts of things especially intracountry conflicts (iran vs saudi, qatar vs saudi etc) that i'm sort of skeptical of social media as evidence.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
User avatar

saranclaps
 
Posts: 21874
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: vasing for interludes

Postby soft milk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:59 pm

i agree with saranclaps
you are only coming through in waves
User avatar

soft milk
 
Posts: 40155
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:05 am

Postby Julius Sumner Miller » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:06 pm

saranclaps wrote:there are so many nonstate and state actor astoturfing campaigns out of middle east at absurd scale (10s of thousands of accts) for all sorts of things especially intracountry conflicts (iran vs saudi, qatar vs saudi etc) that i'm sort of skeptical of social media as evidence.


You should be, but the problem is that every other source of info in Iran is also totally hamstrung. All media is state controlled or monitored. Opinion polls are few. The foreign Persian language media is all funded by governments opposed to Iran. So it's all a guessing game.
User avatar

Julius Sumner Miller
 
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Postby toots » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:38 pm

What’s the yard sign situation
User avatar

toots
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:21 pm
Location: petroleum, IN

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:38 pm

it bernie
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 83834
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:38 pm

source: my front yard
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
User avatar

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks
 
Posts: 83834
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A-Ok, acapelli, act five, Althea, average deceiver, Bad Craziness, Bartatua, black drum, brent, Buddy Glass, cam'ron hubbard, cartola, chewy, Christmas Ape, Cronos, dan, darger, davideotape, death is my amigo, deebster, deer, Destroid, Dirty Penny, doublethink0, en svensk tiger, endless dave, ero guro vidal (aka todd), Franco, Frank, fuckles, futurist, galactagogue, goldmatt, Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Grumby, Hal Jordan, hbb, helix krull, hiddenicon, hideout, honeypie, i am rich, internethandle, it's the suspense that gets me, jca, joe, Julius Sumner Miller, kentucky, LaAbeja, landspeedrecord, light rail coyote, loaf angel, Locust Valley 3, lover, Lucky, maraschinocherry, Marcus, mcwop23, mealy potatoes, Meeps, Milquetoaster Strudels, Mr. Towel, Mynx Butticus, NegativeCapability, nice pass, oksoumhi, palmer eldritch, Paul, potentialgetawaydriver, Render, ric_joe, rich uncle skeleton, sassafras socks, secondskin, sevenarts, shankly, Shotfrog, Skerple, sliiimer, snuggle, speakers, spix et chicho, Tai-Pan, Tempo, That Demon Life, trouble, unome, Viola Swamp, walt