We'll kick your ass in

Postby farmer » Fri May 15, 2020 2:28 pm

yes
farmer

Postby hbb » Fri May 15, 2020 2:30 pm

You can’t see me, but I was looking over at farmer for confirmation just now
hbb

Postby Cool Ranch Zorb » Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 pm

that's the thing where he looks over 17 times - I heard it was 17 times faster, right? - when he looks to farmer for confirmation. that's what they tell me

Cool Ranch Zorb

Postby Robo-Chachi » Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 pm

I’ve been unsatisfied with missile speeds for years, so this is right up my alley.

Robo-Chachi

Postby ten chimneys » Fri May 15, 2020 2:40 pm

kinda wanna see this very fast missile not gonna lie
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

ten chimneys

Postby Robo-Chachi » Fri May 15, 2020 2:41 pm

The problem with missiles these days is they just aren’t fast enough. People see them coming. They get out of the way!

Robo-Chachi

Postby Grumby » Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 pm

with the power of wind... the missile will go faster

*presses button on tiny fan*

Grumby

Postby hbb » Fri May 15, 2020 3:03 pm

We’re looking very strongly into Funky Dividends. I heard it was Three Times Dope, is that correct?
hbb

Postby breezy » Fri May 15, 2020 3:22 pm

Sad to hear that could include Bruce's dirty laundry too.

edit: updated with workable tweet
Last edited by breezy on Fri May 15, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
breezy

Postby jenmichaeljarre » Fri May 15, 2020 3:24 pm

no nothing
Last edited by jenmichaeljarre on Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jenmichaeljarre

Postby FourLegsGood » Fri May 15, 2020 3:25 pm

#Hackers
#weirdnight

FourLegsGood

Postby breezy » Fri May 15, 2020 3:27 pm

edit
Last edited by breezy on Fri May 15, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breezy

Postby loaf angel » Fri May 15, 2020 3:29 pm

they got him

goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby yungboi » Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 pm

what will the Keyboard Warriors do now?

yungboi

Postby endless dave » Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 pm

Frank wrote:he only hates wind because of his golf course right

yeah, and environmental impact studies (like seeing how many birds they kill) is a classic NIMBY/asshole way to forestall development. Trump does this but so does every upper middle class boomer annoyed that there might be a set of condos going up on the other side of the golf course lake

endless dave

Postby GonzO))) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:22 pm

super gas wrote:kinda surprised that trump hasn't gone full "the choice is not between trump and biden but between trump and lockdowns" yet

I genuinely don’t understand why democrats in general are so unwilling or unable to talk about the GOP in honest terms. A big reason why these cocksuckers are able to retain any kind of power anywhere in America is because of the Democrats’ insistence on legitimizing and acknowledging republicans as equals or as intellectually even competitors when every single one of them should be hammering home the message that the entire party is corrupt, that every Republican Senator in a criminal co-conspirator with this objectively criminal president, and that not only the president but even the ‘best’ republican would trade your life or your children’s lives if it meant the richest people in human history could hoard more resources.

Really annoying to hear people argue against that, especially since a decade ago a similar strategy, though entirely astroturfed and not based in reality in any way, allowed the GOP to take a New Deal era Democrats‘ level of electoral dominance that has allowed them to latch onto power long term regardless of the fact that an overwhelming majority of Americans hate all of their objectively bad and harmful policies. I can’t help but think about that often - congressional races or even state level races where Barack Obama was the ultimate boogeyman (even though the image was fucking ridiculous) went their way to the tune of 1,000+ elected offices over the last decade. Just seems like the current president is all the bullshit things people said about Obama and way, way more, but this time it’s real. I just feel like every time you hear a Democrat speak they should talk about how the GOP isn’t a political party anymore and has become an objectively harmful entity who seem to be trying to speed up the end of the world. Instead it just seems like most people running for office are fine existing in a version of our culture that doesn’t really exist anymore.

You’ll hear about polling that establishes a consensus on either side where voters don’t think about their opposition as similarly legitimate, but as an existential threat to their ability to even be alive. Like pretty much everything in the BOTH SIDES DO IT game, there’s validity in one group having feelings like that. I wanna support politicians who favor a nationalized healthcare system and environmental and industry and labor regulations, raising the minimum wage and strengthening organized labor, campaign finance reform, women’s and LGBTQ and civil rights and equality in all its forms, etc. etc. etc. the party I vote against’s goals are simply to fight against and stop all of my goals from becoming reality, and shifting even more resources and power to the richest people in human history. That’s it, and is by definition an existential threat to my goals and the things that are important to me. Can’t think of a single one of my goals that hurts average GOP voters in any even remotely similar way.

They’re fucking vampires. Stop allowing their universally bad faith nonsense to be propped up as valid opposition to people who actually want to accomplish things for the better for all Americans/human beings.

GonzO)))

Postby Cronos » Fri May 15, 2020 4:28 pm

I turned to my side the side I turned to and looked at Mike Pence
Mike I said tell me again how much faster it is
Is it as fast as they say please tell me
Please please please
Super de duper missile deluxe
A missile so super we’ve never seen it before no sir
17 times faster so fast you can’t see it

Cronos

Postby xxx-xxx-xxxx » Fri May 15, 2020 4:44 pm

trump aint gonna pay shit to those hackers

all he has to do is say fake news and the value of those hacks vanishes
WHITESOXXX-XXX-XXXX

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Postby endless dave » Fri May 15, 2020 5:02 pm

the reason you can't scorch earth with GOPers (yet) is because the structural system of elections and representation for the American legislative bodies, from county to Presidental, disadvantages Democrats to a considerable degree and to win you, unfortunately, have to win over some Republicans. GOP can circle the wagons and vilify the entire other side because outside the system is built for them right now. when you can win with 44-477%, why reach out to the other side?

(there's also something to be said about how it's a lot easier to message "destroy them all" when your entire platform is "destroy the government.")

endless dave

Postby bongo » Fri May 15, 2020 5:05 pm

fisher stevens’ “the plague” would def be MAGA
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri May 15, 2020 5:14 pm

badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby something sensible if » Fri May 15, 2020 5:16 pm

3% of young people vote so i'd say we deserve and must work with republicans for another 20+ years
something sensible if

Postby deebster » Fri May 15, 2020 5:17 pm

GonzO))) wrote:
super gas wrote:kinda surprised that trump hasn't gone full "the choice is not between trump and biden but between trump and lockdowns" yet

I genuinely don’t understand why democrats in general are so unwilling or unable to talk about the GOP in honest terms. A big reason why these cocksuckers are able to retain any kind of power anywhere in America is because of the Democrats’ insistence on legitimizing and acknowledging republicans as equals or as intellectually even competitors when every single one of them should be hammering home the message that the entire party is corrupt, that every Republican Senator in a criminal co-conspirator with this objectively criminal president, and that not only the president but even the ‘best’ republican would trade your life or your children’s lives if it meant the richest people in human history could hoard more resources.

Really annoying to hear people argue against that, especially since a decade ago a similar strategy, though entirely astroturfed and not based in reality in any way, allowed the GOP to take a New Deal era Democrats‘ level of electoral dominance that has allowed them to latch onto power long term regardless of the fact that an overwhelming majority of Americans hate all of their objectively bad and harmful policies. I can’t help but think about that often - congressional races or even state level races where Barack Obama was the ultimate boogeyman (even though the image was fucking ridiculous) went their way to the tune of 1,000+ elected offices over the last decade. Just seems like the current president is all the bullshit things people said about Obama and way, way more, but this time it’s real. I just feel like every time you hear a Democrat speak they should talk about how the GOP isn’t a political party anymore and has become an objectively harmful entity who seem to be trying to speed up the end of the world. Instead it just seems like most people running for office are fine existing in a version of our culture that doesn’t really exist anymore.

You’ll hear about polling that establishes a consensus on either side where voters don’t think about their opposition as similarly legitimate, but as an existential threat to their ability to even be alive. Like pretty much everything in the BOTH SIDES DO IT game, there’s validity in one group having feelings like that. I wanna support politicians who favor a nationalized healthcare system and environmental and industry and labor regulations, raising the minimum wage and strengthening organized labor, campaign finance reform, women’s and LGBTQ and civil rights and equality in all its forms, etc. etc. etc. the party I vote against’s goals are simply to fight against and stop all of my goals from becoming reality, and shifting even more resources and power to the richest people in human history. That’s it, and is by definition an existential threat to my goals and the things that are important to me. Can’t think of a single one of my goals that hurts average GOP voters in any even remotely similar way.

They’re fucking vampires. Stop allowing their universally bad faith nonsense to be propped up as valid opposition to people who actually want to accomplish things for the better for all Americans/human beings.

feeling this

deebster

Postby something sensible if » Fri May 15, 2020 5:18 pm

we're fuckin geniuses of politics except we don't vote lol
something sensible if

Postby bongo » Fri May 15, 2020 5:20 pm

fuck the demsToggle Spoiler
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby something sensible if » Fri May 15, 2020 5:22 pm

if republicans are so bad i am still very confused why we do not vote them out of office
something sensible if

Postby something sensible if » Fri May 15, 2020 5:33 pm

like we'll argue tooth and nail for 4 years and then not vote lmao. who could respect that
something sensible if

Postby something sensible if » Fri May 15, 2020 5:46 pm

quick someone link me an explanation of the systemic reason why 70% of us don't vote, otherwise i might draw a conclusion
something sensible if

Postby FourLegsGood » Fri May 15, 2020 5:50 pm

Not that voter turnout isn't an issue but it also stands to reason that voter suppression, gerrymandering, minority disenfranchisement, etc. all play a big role. I know the electoral college is a separate thing but it is somewhat telling that we've had two general elections in the past 20 years where the winner of the popular vote didn't become president.
#weirdnight

FourLegsGood

Postby bongo » Fri May 15, 2020 5:52 pm

can we get back to talking about fisher stevens

bongo
man in hammock

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....