Let's talk hats

Postby quilty » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:28 pm

oh good

quilty
ok

Postby groupb » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:20 am

groupb

Postby bluemovers » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:51 am

whatever happened to that Peter Jackson documentary?

bluemovers

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:27 am

tgk wrote:in a different universe mike love and john lennon form a band, and their mix of hostile, sexually aggressive pop makes them the most notorious rock stars on the planet. Lennon never gets murdered by chapman because john is strapped 24/7 and the general public knows not to approach him due to his rampant drug use and uncontrollable temper. in fact they just agreed to play trumps inauguration after demading 69 million a piece as well as being secured as lifetime judges for the miss teen universe pagaent.

I loved this post
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored

Self Destructive Zone

Postby Stewart Stewart » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:33 am

mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression

Stewart Stewart

Postby odilon redon » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:07 am

hey do you guys like yellow submarine (the song)
I look at bluegrass music as this sort of glowing ball. The point is to relax the technique around the glowing ball of feeling.

odilon redon

Postby Stewart Stewart » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:45 am

Yellow Subway?
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression

Stewart Stewart

Postby Tar Pit » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Looks like we’re getting a Let It Be remix/deluxe, including studio cuts and the Glyn Johns Get Back album (!!!).

I’d post the image but I’m on my phone.

Tar Pit

Postby shizaam » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:23 am

oh huh

shizaam

Postby tgk » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 am

trailer got me a little teary tbh

tgk

Postby blurst of times » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 am

fuck. is this what finally gets me to subscribe to disney+? :?

blurst of times
ride.

Postby rixx » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:37 am

I read an inteview about that a while ago. apparently PJ had access to tons of lost footage and out of respect to the 1970 let it be film he doesn't re-use any single shot from that film

rixx

Postby tgk » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:39 am

rixx wrote:I read an inteview about that a while ago. apparently PJ had access to tons of lost footage and out of respect to the 1970 let it be film he doesn't re-use any single shot from that film

interesting, wonder if theres any rooftop performance he'll get to use that wasnt in the movie. be kinda weird since the whole thing is about the leadup to the rooftop show

tgk

Postby odilon redon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:41 am

i got this confused with the robert zemeckis one on hulu for a second and was like wait didn't this already come out. boomers sure like the beatles huh? i guess that's one endearing quality for them
I look at bluegrass music as this sort of glowing ball. The point is to relax the technique around the glowing ball of feeling.

odilon redon

Postby rixx » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:44 am

tgk wrote:
rixx wrote:I read an inteview about that a while ago. apparently PJ had access to tons of lost footage and out of respect to the 1970 let it be film he doesn't re-use any single shot from that film

interesting, wonder if theres any rooftop performance he'll get to use that wasnt in the movie. be kinda weird since the whole thing is about the leadup to the rooftop show

yes there is, it'll be in there
also the biggest takeaway i remember was that Pj was shocked at how jovial and lighthearted the sessions were in spite of the historical impressions of that time period being really difficult and clashing, but i don't know how much that was him just promoting the angle his doc takes

rixx

Postby Tar Pit » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:51 am

I was watching this one dude's youtube channels where he went through some of the recorded dialogue from the Get Back/Let It Be sessions. It's really interesting to hear a lot of the stuff that wasn't shown in the original movie that kinda squashed a lot of the rumors surrounding the Beatles. The whole "they won't play George's songs" idea is kinda erased once you realized they practiced All Things Must Pass like 20 times and George was the one to pull it from the lineup. They kept trying to play his songs apparently, and if you look at the Let It Be tracklist and realize George took off ATMP, McCartney, Lennon, and Harrison would pretty much have an equal amount of tracks on the album.

I'm hoping the new doc series brings a lot of this to light.

Tar Pit

Postby Tar Pit » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:55 am

Here's the first part of the video and his channel has a bunch of other Beatles-related stuff. He seems to use a lot of sources, so I'm more inclined to trust his opinions.

Tar Pit

Postby hells bells » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:56 am

100s of hours of ringo's unwashed hair

hells bells

Postby sobieski » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:32 am

i’ve been thinking about bob dylan getting the beatles blazed a lot. there should be a documentary for that maybe. there are 7 levels
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
and sleep more
always/ tip %20

sobieski
Comptroller

Postby cartola » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:43 am

Paul loves to spill the tea, he is trying to spill it all before he passes on. Wish wheeljack would come back to provide insight.
cartola

Postby patchperfect » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:54 am

rixx wrote:
tgk wrote:

also the biggest takeaway i remember was that Pj was shocked at how jovial and lighthearted the sessions were in spite of the historical impressions of that time period being really difficult and clashing, but i don't know how much that was him just promoting the angle his doc takes

this sneak peak from last year shows a lot of the light hearted stuff. i lovitz//hope the whole doc is them playing around and doing silly voices

Yo I heard his dad took all the money from the HMO like some kind of Drackela.

patchperfect

Postby rixx » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 am

patchperfect wrote:
rixx wrote:
tgk wrote:

this sneak peak from last year shows a lot of the light hearted stuff. i lovitz//hope the whole doc is them playing around and doing silly voices

that's great. a lot of cool outfits in this (the beatles footage, not the peter jackson intro...his shirt is passable) i love john's multicolored shirt at 2:20

rixx

Postby blurst of times » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:07 am

sobieski wrote:i’ve been thinking about bob dylan getting the beatles blazed a lot. there should be a documentary for that maybe. there are 7 levels

i would def watch a doc about this. one meeting that changed the course of music history...

cartola wrote:Paul loves to spill the tea, he is trying to spill it all before he passes on. Wish wheeljack would come back to provide insight.

also it goes against his reputation but he's been talking shit about the rolling stones lately lol: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/paul-mccartney-calls-the-rolling-stones-a-blues-cover-band-1241319/

i don't completely agree with him but he's earned the right to say whatever

blurst of times
ride.

Postby mactheo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:56 am

john lennon is currently getting dragge d on tiktok for his song ‘woman is the n***** of the world.’ which it’s funny to see a new generation discover how problematic he was

mactheo

Postby mactheo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:57 am

i like the beatles

mactheo

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:57 am

rixx wrote:
tgk wrote:

i feel like even the "tense" parts that are in the original doc, stuff like that (ime) is just normal convos that happen in a band, especially if you're anything closer than just professional session musicians or whatever
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:13 pm

tgk wrote:trailer got me a little teary tbh

yeah i wasn't expecting this having tseen the original, but yeah it made me miss playin music w my friends and it was so nice to see them all goofin off and shit
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Viz » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:36 pm

rixx wrote:that's great. a lot of cool outfits in this (the beatles footage, not the peter jackson intro...his shirt is passable) i love john's multicolored shirt at 2:20

Yes! That's a really cool shirt! Kinda looking forward to some of the fashion in this.
Viz

Postby DasLofGang » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:37 pm

cartola wrote:Paul loves to spill the tea, he is trying to spill it all before he passes on.

that's not all he loves to spill: https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-masturbating-john-lennon-beatles-2377892
it's the suspense that gets me wrote:wandering around the house grunting "UUHHHHHH PUT IT ON MEEEEEHHHH"

DasLofGang

Postby tgk » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:
tgk wrote:trailer got me a little teary tbh

yeah i wasn't expecting this having tseen the original, but yeah it made me miss playin music w my friends and it was so nice to see them all goofin off and shit

yeah i remember the implication of let it be was "these guys hate each other and are miserably struggling to make an album" and it seems more like "these dudes are absolutely burned out and have to make an album and performance in a few weeks, but they all clearly love each other like brothers"

tgk

PreviousNext

Return to The Hat Zone