Twin Peaks

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby oh! it's max! » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:02 pm

i can also upload that if u want. it's 5.2gb lmao
seriously.

oh! it's max!

Postby Kevin McCallister » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:21 pm

Appreciated but I'll wait til I can get the full experience of watching it on a 4K TV with a 4K player and with an uncompressed 4K disc (this will probably never happen.)

Kevin McCallister

Postby joe » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:24 pm

joe

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:29 am

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:anyone have On The Air in decent quality that they can put in the db, or can even point me to a decent torrent/dl?

bump :]
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby rankoutsider » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:19 am

Putting it in the thing now. Apparently the watching order is ep 1/3/5 (the shows aired in the US before ABC pulled it), then 2/4/6/7.
Sprechen Sie talk?

rankoutsider

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:50 am

oh weird. thanks friend <3
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby delgriffith » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:51 am

this tweet just made me laugh out loud, good timing on the bump

delgriffith

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:06 am

lol same

oh does anyone have any of the following?

industrial symphony no 1
More Things That Happened
Lynch (two)

basically IS#1 and then any of the bonus features from the Inland Empire dvd. Wish criterion would snag that one, especially if they can get the bonus features

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby important dentist » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:26 pm

:ryan:
"My foremost duty is to the board," Important Dentist countered. "I
cannot afford to spend that much time researching human sexuality."

important dentist

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:04 pm

noice. ps i found a torrent of just the bonus disc form the IE dvd so that's cool.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby internethandle » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:29 pm

more things that happened is definitely worth a watch, although i've never found a very good rip. last i checked it was up on youtube in full and about as good quality as any torrent i could find. it was included in the initial dvd release i guess but not the blu ray?

internethandle
ok

Postby internethandle » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:30 pm

internethandle
ok

Postby Bisexual Lightning » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:41 pm

delgriffith wrote:
this tweet just made me laugh out loud, good timing on the bump

I can’t get enough of this
The UC Berkeley expert I spoke with described your approach to boarding -- posting things without knowing whether they’re true in order to juice engagement -- as “sociopathic.” Do you have a response to that?

Bisexual Lightning

Postby conductor » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:15 am

I'm hiking in the Black Hills for a few days, and my 1% desire to go to Mt. Rushmore is based solely on the possibility of doing the faces of stone line (to myself)

conductor

Postby Kevin McCallister » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:16 am

internethandle wrote:more things that happened is definitely worth a watch, although i've never found a very good rip. last i checked it was up on youtube in full and about as good quality as any torrent i could find. it was included in the initial dvd release i guess but not the blu ray?

I could be wrong but didn't generic do a bunch of side by side comparisons between the DVD release and high definition releases and there was little fundamental difference?

Kevin McCallister

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:55 am

i think for IE the blu is brighter so there's a bit more detail cause of that, but it doesn't seem much higher res

IE is the one Lynch I just have digitally cause the DVD is OOP and at this point I'm not gonna buy that German blu or whatever so I'll just wait til criterion or shout gets it or whatever

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:03 pm

rewatched the first half of IE last night but had to go to bed. a weird thing with that movie is every time i go "i forgot about this part" at a couple points

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby oh! it's max! » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:11 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:lol same

oh does anyone have any of the following?

industrial symphony no 1

This is up under ‘movies’ now
seriously.

oh! it's max!

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:17 pm

sick

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:23 pm

So was Leland Palmer in control most of the time and BOB just came out at certain points or as it just BOB all day every day
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:28 pm

feel like there's a pretty vast range of opinions there!

imo FWWM moves culpability more towards Leland, and this may be Lynch's view. I tend to be on the "accept the mystery" side, where I land on BOB being mostly in control (if we take the events/dialogue in leland's death scene as truth, this seems to be more the case in the text imo), but also can kinda accept the former view and BOB almost more as a symbol of all this trauma that gets passed down or whatever.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:29 pm

oh maybe i misread it. i think leland is running the ship for like, day-to-day stuff (i don't remember where but i feel like it's established that he [not bob] kills Jacques?)

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby manvstrees » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:45 pm

I think BOB is there to feed, heightening the terrible impulses and the trauma that then feeds the impluses in a feedback loop of delicious corn
Leland was groomed but is still a monster, I definitely don't like letting him off the hook
Slartisfgh is never mentioned in The Bible, but it is here, during one of the early battles, that Matthew spontaneously became liquid.
Radiation trace: negligible

manvstrees

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:52 pm

yeah i had changed my wording but didn't re-do this part, but i definitely don't view leaning towards BOB-in-control as letting leland off the hook or whatever, just that it's a weird supernatural situation! like if BOB is kinda more representative, then like, saying EVIL is in control would still make leland culpable.

but the haziness is part of why it works so well imo, and isn't just a copout "no one did it!" thing nor quite as boring as just "her dad did it!

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:53 pm

like a lot of FWWM is kinda about Laura resisting becoming another Leland, yeah?

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Althea » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:59 pm

I tend to go with "accept the mystery" too, like the source of evil isn't simple enough to explain without metaphors or contradictions, and Dale's failed attempt to reduce it to a solvable simple problem at the end of the series illustrates that. My tentative understanding is that Bob is a symbol of the trauma Leland suffered as a child and reenacted on Laura - his death speech indicates that he was abused as a child and I think that he saw the perpetrator as Bob? (it's been awhile since I watched any of this so the details are fuzzy). Leland in turn abused Laura but was able to see Leland in addition to Bob, is that related to her decision to die and not become another host/perpetrator? She believed she was lost/worthless as a result of the abuse and didn't see any other way out? I just don't think I'm comfortable coming down 100% on either side: Leland's definitely responsible in my mind for his actions; but he's also a victim both in the specific sense of the abuse he went through and more generally of the evil that permeates our like fallen society; and he's a soul deserving of the grace Cooper offers in his last moments?

Althea

Postby Althea » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:02 pm

This is kind of the central question of the series to me, and I find Cooper's treatment of the dying Leland incredibly moving even as I'm disgusted by Leland at the same time. Maybe that's Cooper's most enlightened/useful moment as a person/spirit; I forget what he goes through between there and the end of season 2 but does he ever get it as right again as he does in that scene?

Althea

Postby manvstrees » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:11 pm

leland's got a passenger who sometimes takes over, but when this happens it's still very much leland
i accept the mystery
Slartisfgh is never mentioned in The Bible, but it is here, during one of the early battles, that Matthew spontaneously became liquid.
Radiation trace: negligible

manvstrees

Postby Meeps » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:oh maybe i misread it. i think leland is running the ship for like, day-to-day stuff (i don't remember where but i feel like it's established that he [not bob] kills Jacques?)

I figured that was BOB due to Jacoby smelling the burning oil when it happens, which Maddie also smells before BOB kills her.

Meeps

Postby tornhand » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:36 pm

I watched M by fritz Lang recently and was surprised how similar his depiction of a “mentally-ill” serial killer in Weimar Germany was to Lynch’s character of Bob, just reinterpreted on a basis of pseudo-spirituality...

tornhand

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley