Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shark week » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 pm

going to bat for Raytheon, regardless of its employer status in the state you represent, is fucking gross
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby razzle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:56 pm

I bought a bernie hat today and donated 10 extra
At least we have Hamilton

razzle
ok

Postby Polygraph Shakira » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:58 pm

I remember this same line of attack rolled out against Bernie with Lockheed Martin. Seemed weak then and seems weak now.
isobel wrote:im so smart because my head wasnt crushed at birth

Polygraph Shakira
the groosalugg

Postby shark week » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:10 pm

Polygraph Shakira wrote:I remember this same line of attack rolled out against Bernie with Lockheed Martin. Seemed weak then and seems weak now.

that was bad too!
Permafrost wrote:The heart wants what the heart wants, and if the heart wants Nebbiolo variants then so be it

shark week

Postby loaf angel » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:OMG

man, it's gotta be Bernie
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:16 pm

not to discredit the facts in the article, but it mainly exists due to republican oppo research. i suppose they got the headline that they wanted.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:19 pm

bernie's merch store should have donkey kong tropical freeze

palmer eldritch

Postby shark week » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 pm

wario lopez wrote:not to discredit the facts in the article, but it mainly exists due to republican oppo research. i suppose they got the headline that they wanted.

who the fuck cares

these corps need to be disavowed at all costs

i don't think that's a controversial thing.

Warren has made other public statements during this primary that indicate she will continue with the strong tradition of US imperialism. and i think it's ridiculous to celebrate her attacking a former Raytheon exec in a confirmation hearing on the grounds of being dishonest to American taxpayers given the death and destruction Raytheon is responsible for in Yemen.

she even released a specific statement, via her spokeswoman, disavowing the use of weapons in Yemen. all of that seems pretty weak given her framing of these issues.

shark week

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:40 pm

the strength of the evidence is what it comes down to:

In her first year in the Senate, Warren joined other members of the Massachusetts delegation in fighting proposed cuts to the Army’s Warfighter Information Network-Tactical program, a battlefield communications network known as WIN-T that the Government Accountability Office has cited for unplanned cost increases and performance deficiencies. The Pentagon was seeking to shift $128 million away from the program to pay for Afghanistan war costs — a reprogramming request that was blocked by the congressional defense panels following a lobbying campaign orchestrated by General Dynamics.

Diverting funding from the Afghanistan war.

including facility visits and at least one phone call to Raytheon’s chief executive.

facility visits and a phone call

In a 2013 letter to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, she and then-Sen. Mo Cowan, a fellow Democrat from Massachusetts, said the radios “represent technology and acquisition success stories” — despite the poor grades they’d received in combat tests and a controversial acquisition strategy that allowed just two vendors during the low-rate production stage: General Dynamics and Rockwell Collins.

radios aren't weapons. while it could be argued that any additional funding benefits them as a whole thus supplying more weapons, it seems like this money would be allocated either way, to rockwell collins or funding the afganistan war.

She also accepted more than $80,000 in donations from the defense industry from 2011 to 2018

10k per year over 8 years (likely from individual donors). she raised ~40+ million in her 2012 race alone.

The executive said Warren's made an effort to reach out to defense companies, including visits to Raytheon and General Dynamics facilities in her state, and that "there's certainly not an impression that she's adversarial" to big-name contracting firms. "The folks that work in our industry are just as much her constituents as anybody else is," said the executive, who requested anonymity to speak candidly.

Raytheon, which is headquartered in Massachusetts, "has a positive relationship with Sen. Warren, and we interact with her and her staff regularly," said company spokesman Michael Doble.

there is absolutely nothing here.
Last edited by cam'ron hubbard on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:49 pm

speaking of framing, it's honestly laughable.

Esper, a Gulf War veteran who served for years in the Pentagon and on Capitol Hill

Senator after senator thanked him for his service and expressed confidence that he would sail through to confirmation.

Lawmakers seem eager to confirm Esper quickly as the Pentagon enters its seventh straight month without a permanent leader.

That did not stop Warren from laying into Esper during a contentious exchange in which she repeatedly interrupted him and spoke loudly over the chairman’s gavel.

the story ends with
In an indication of the committee’s leanings, Inhofe apologized to Esper on Warren’s behalf after the exchange.

“It was unfair, and you handled it beautifully,” he said.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:50 pm

"there's certainly not an impression that she's adversarial," the most damning phrase in the 2020 primaries.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby shark week » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:54 pm

if you don't think that's damning, i don't know what to tell you

obviously we have different priorities

shark week

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:59 pm

pobody's nerfect

palmer eldritch

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:06 pm

i'll concede that the green military proposal sucks ass and is way more damning than this nonsense could ever be, but really, this isn't the hill to die on. especially when she seems like an oppositional vote against confirmation.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby Debbie » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 pm

No Bernie

Debbie

Postby trouble » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:19 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:bernie's merch store should have donkey kong tropical freeze

just get the game already
Now exclusively in Bland Mode.

trouble
thread skimmer

Postby palmer eldritch » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm

it's still over six months to the iowa caucus though

palmer eldritch

Postby quilty » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Cronos wrote:
quilty wrote:
big zorb wrote:
Feech La Manna wrote:OMG

This kicks ass

it’s still bernie. get in the game https://actblue.com/donate/bern-site

Just donated. Posting links works.

fuck yeah

quilty
ok

Postby surly » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:57 pm

palmer eldritch wrote:it's still over six months to the iowa caucus though

it'll take you at least that long to beat donkey kong country tropical freeze
lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby Mr Spaceship » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 am

Bernie good

Mr Spaceship

Postby Amblin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:48 am

surly wrote:
palmer eldritch wrote:it's still over six months to the iowa caucus though

it'll take you at least that long to beat donkey kong country tropical freeze

Not if you play in Funky Kong mode

Amblin

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 am

mcwop23 wrote:everyone here will smash that biden button when the time comes because we vote

mcwop23 wrote:except petty

As long as the ridiculous electoral college means my California vote is pretty safe
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby incoherent grunting » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:19 am

Kenny wrote:
mcwop23 wrote:everyone here will smash that biden button when the time comes because we vote

As long as the ridiculous electoral college means my California vote is pretty safe

not if Marianne runs 3rd party
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."

incoherent grunting

Postby tgk » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:22 am

Lol

tgk

Postby murray st. » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 am

loaf angel wrote:man, it's gotta be Bernie

quilty wrote:it’s still bernie. get in the game https://actblue.com/donate/bern-site

is this copy for a couples therapy app

murray st.

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:46 am

looks like two posts to me
Ferrous Bueller

Postby farmer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 am

hey murray st you wanna clarify how bidens not a liar again or just run away and keep pretending to be a journalist. what the fuck are you even doing in here
farmer

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:20 am

incoherent grunting wrote:
Kenny wrote:

not if Marianne runs 3rd party

Yeah, I mean, I won't know what I'll vote really until closer to the date but I will of course vote for the Dem candidate if there's any chance of a split vote etc.

I said this last time and got a bunch of heat for it, but I was probably going to vote for Hilary last time until Michelle Obama tried to browbeat third party voters saying any vote not Hilary was for Trump which made me say "Fuck it, California is going Hilary anyway, I'm voting with my real views"

I feel a lot more defeated about American politics this time around though and may just vote for the Democrat candidate just to not poison my brain by looking into the black hole of American politics as little as possible.

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby big zorb » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 am

Damn, petty pwned michelle obama!
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby Kenny » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:33 am

It's not about pwning her, it's about how her dumb statement solidified by own feelings

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....