You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby relevee » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:33 am

"frankly, it's whiteness manifest" is so good
relevee

Postby quinine » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:34 am

this would never have happened if nathan implemented the roll-for-a-random-block-of-color-to-replace-nate-silver-tweets feature the people have been demanding, but here we are suffering due to his pro-nate bias
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself

quinine
ok

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:34 am

relevee wrote:"frankly, it's whiteness manifest" is so good

almost certainly coming from one of two shitheads who are remarkably white
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:36 am

as with most things where he tries to be pundit nasty nate is taking something with a modicum of truth and making broad generalizations that fit his libertarian political priors (to put it in language he would understand)

- he's not wrong that some libs glommed on to the Medicare for All slogan to tout their own plans. if you want a specific example, fucking CAP had a 'medicare extra for all' plan. spoiler alert: it was not single payer.
- he's not wrong that you can cherrypick 'progressive democrats' who gave some quotes in the press that they were okay with the above and wanted to encourage it.
- he's not wrong that part of the reason the phrase 'Medicare for All' is so powerful is because it allows people to read into it what they want -- see, e.g., kaiser polling about how a lot of people think 'medicare for all' means a public option. it would be disingenuous to say dems did not lean on that in the 2018 midterms.

but:

- the majority of the plans that have actually been introduced in congress -- Medicare at 50 (lmao), Choose Medicare Act, Medicare for America, etc. -- have explicitly been messaged as more realistic alternatives to Medicare for All, or as things we can do right now since we don't have the votes for single-payer. that's the entire reason they exist, and you will note none of them are named Medicare for All. like feech said, conyers' plan has been Medicare for All for 16 fucking years!
- if you read articles about the various plans, Medicare for All is very clearly in its own, single-payer category and contrasted with all of the above plans. go back and read kaiser health, read vox, read the hill, read all the shit people in dc read. to believe that peter paul matthew mark luke john buttigieg, the fucking rhodes scholar who speaks 69 languages or whatever, was somehow unaware of this is high comedy

nates gonna nate, tho

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:42 am

why is it hard for these people to understand that Biden whipping for Dodd-Frank doesn't mean the CFPB exists because of him

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:06 am

tfw you’re getting dunked on by Republican c-teamers

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby ecto » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:08 am

jesus
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby blurst of times » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:26 am

Polygraph Shakira wrote:

what in the world

lmao this is amazing(ly bad)

blurst of times
thread skimmer

Postby surly » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:42 am

Polygraph Shakira wrote:

what in the world

lordofdiapers wrote:damn it Greedo will forever fuck that word for me

surly
the insult bastard

Postby Durham » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:53 am

This is cop energy for some reason
Pete Butt loves cops

Durham

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 pm

so when he says "progressive groups" he's talking about CAP right

jesus christ

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 pm

I'm not even sure what he's pissed off about at this point, just shitposting into the void

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:02 pm

oh my god

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby joe » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:I'm not even sure what he's pissed off about at this point, just shitposting into the void

Yeah I'm sorry I gave this shit any thought

joe

Postby murray st. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:25 pm

it's going to be a rough, rough road to the nomination for sanders if he ends up competing with mayor pete for third in iowa in a few months

murray st.

Postby tgk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:28 pm

i thought biden was planning to lose iowa

tgk

Postby Bad Craziness » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:29 pm

so, so tired of nate silver

Bad Craziness

Postby Brosacea » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:45 pm

I could be wrong about how this works, but Sanders numbers are probably way higher than the polls show because so much of his base is/is going to be people that don't usually vote or are registering to vote for him this time around.

Those people aren't contacted for polls, right?

Brosacea

Postby tgk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Brosacea wrote:I could be wrong about how this works, but Sanders numbers are probably way higher than the polls show because so much of his base is/is going to be people that don't usually vote or are registering to vote for him this time around.

i'm sure there could be some unaccounted for bernie support is but at the same time it's a losing game if you're trying to find the "hidden" voters to justify your candidate winning. I remember we had a lot of conversations both on the "people may say they support trump but they won't bring themselves to pull the lever when they're alone in that voting booth" as well as "so many people are ashamed to admit they will vote for trump but will do so privately in the voting booth" where, in the end, the polls pretty much matched the results. You can maybe fudge a percentage point or two but bernie will absolutely need to improve on his polling to be competitive.

tgk

Postby Bernie » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Brosacea wrote:I could be wrong about how this works, but Sanders numbers are probably way higher than the polls show because so much of his base is/is going to be people that don't usually vote or are registering to vote for him this time around.

This is basically what everyone is hinging on so you’re not alone

Bernie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby Mr Spaceship » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:53 pm

if Biden wins Iowa I am going to suicide myself

Mr Spaceship

Postby tgk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:55 pm

gotta love "someone else" polling ahead of 13 of the candidates

tgk

Postby walt whitman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Mr Spaceship wrote:if Biden wins Iowa I am going to suicide myself

don't underestimate the stupidity of the democrats/democratic voters
“Short film, Long film, It’s ALL film!” - Walt Whitman

walt whitman

Postby tgk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:02 pm

walt whitman wrote:
Mr Spaceship wrote:if Biden wins Iowa I am going to suicide myself

don't underestimate the stupidity of iowa

tgk

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:36 pm

there's also the fact that like 16% of iowans caucus so who fuckin knows what will happen
Woman: [Possibly smiling or laughing].

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:37 pm

tgk you can't be calling anything stupid when you're good for a galaxy brain post or two a day, man

that being say, it's iowa, who fuckin knows

big zorb
smiling drinker

Postby mcwop23 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:43 pm

big zorb wrote:there's also the fact that like 16% of iowans caucus so who fuckin knows what will happen

can you imagine trying to explain to someone with no idea how our election process works and you tell them this and hey accept it
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby tgk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:45 pm

big zorb wrote:tgk you can't be calling anything stupid when you're good for a galaxy brain post or two a day, man

that being say, it's iowa, who fuckin knows

sorry, couldn't resist

tgk

Postby scrambled » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:45 pm

wow at my dad's watching cnn for the first time in a while, caught a Tom Steyer 2020 tv ad in the wild. i had no time to prepare

scrambled

Postby big zorb » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:40 pm

get his ass bernie

Sen. Bernie Sanders on Thursday issued a statement condemning former Vice President Joe Biden for parroting insurance industry talking points in an effort to convince voters that Sanders is "trying to con the American people" with Medicare for All.

"It is really sad that Joe Biden is using the talking points of the insurance industry to attack Medicare for All," said Sanders. "Joe must know that we currently spend twice as much per capita on healthcare as the people of almost any other major country and that we pay, by far, the highest prices in the world for prescription drugs."

"Under Medicare for All, funded in a progressive manner, all Americans will have comprehensive healthcare coverage as a guaranteed human right and, with no premiums, co-payments, or out-of-pocket expenses, ordinary Americans will be spending far less for that care than they currently pay," the Vermont senator added.

The statement comes a day after Biden attacked Sanders and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for "playing Trump's game" by supporting Medicare for All.

"The idea that someone is going to be able to go out and spend what turns out to be, if you add on everything that's going to be free beyond Obamacare, excuse me beyond Medicare for All, which is going to come out to about $3.4 trillion a year," Biden told reporters during a campaign event Wednesday.

As Common Dreams reported Wednesday, Biden failed to mention that the United States spent $3.65 trillion on healthcare in 2018.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/17/it-really-sad-sanders-rips-biden-deploying-insurance-industry-talking-points-against

big zorb
smiling drinker

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....