The 2020 Primary

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby trouble » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:51 am

bruceagain wrote:wish i could killfile twitter profiles on the board


i was honestly wondering if i can use adblock to block nate silver's tweets from this board recently
Now exclusively in Bland Mode.
User avatar

trouble
thread skimmer
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:56 pm
Location: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_seas

Postby RIXX » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:57 am

MikeyJ wrote:Pete Buttplug - guy I hate on twitter, ground my gears

idk about this one
User avatar

RIXX
 
Posts: 9914
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: nonchalant

Postby manierisme » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:19 am



this is just completely false isn't it?
User avatar

manierisme
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Postby murray st. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:20 am

no, not really
User avatar

murray st.
 
Posts: 25158
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Postby ecto » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:21 am

yes

edit: yes in the context of this pete butt debate. pete was responding to a call for single payer explicitly
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
User avatar

ecto
 
Posts: 30672
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Postby Meeps » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:27 am

Smooth lever mechanism and large press chamber EMPOWER the AVERAGE AMERICAN with minimal grip strength, lessening the food preparation time so that you can FOCUS on creating dishes on par with professional chefs.
User avatar

Meeps
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:05 am
Location: California

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:30 am

i need a tell-all book just on kamala's comms team
User avatar

Pops Freshenmeyer
 
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:12 am

Postby joe » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:31 am

manierisme wrote:

this is just completely false isn't it?


Well, Medicare as it exists is a "public option" not single payer
User avatar

joe
 
Posts: 18730
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Location: snake kingdom

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:33 am

Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:i need a tell-all book just on kamala's comms team


Here's the long and short of it: they're shitty con-artists
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:35 am

Lily Adams is Ann Richards' granddaughter/Cecile Richards' daughter so she's also a nepotism case
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:35 am

Feech La Manna wrote:
Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:i need a tell-all book just on kamala's comms team


Here's the long and short of it: they're shitty con-artists

I mean, sounds like a good book
User avatar

Pops Freshenmeyer
 
Posts: 3521
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:12 am

Postby bruceagain » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:37 am

joe wrote:
manierisme wrote:

this is just completely false isn't it?


Well, Medicare as it exists is a "public option" not single payer

i feel like the "for all", does some rhetorical work
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
User avatar

bruceagain
 
Posts: 30660
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 am
Location: lived in trees

Postby murray st. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:38 am

Meeps wrote:


bahahaha
User avatar

murray st.
 
Posts: 25158
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:39 am

there was a fucking bill that a bunch of Presidential candidates claimed they supported...
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby bruceagain » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:39 am

trouble wrote:
bruceagain wrote:wish i could killfile twitter profiles on the board


i was honestly wondering if i can use adblock to block nate silver's tweets from this board recently

similar to the board, it's only about half a dozen folks but it trims these threads down so fucking efficiently
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
User avatar

bruceagain
 
Posts: 30660
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 am
Location: lived in trees

Postby bruceagain » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:40 am

Feech La Manna wrote:there was a fucking bill that a bunch of Presidential candidates claimed they supported...

different times, many moons ago
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.
User avatar

bruceagain
 
Posts: 30660
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:55 am
Location: lived in trees

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:41 am

"medicare for some, miniature american flags for others" just didn't have the same ring to it
User avatar

struttin' evil mushroom
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:42 am

ultimately no one is gonna form their opinion on whether he's a flip-flopper vs. everything else so why jump through rhetorical hoops over this
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby manierisme » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:46 am

can someone show me where a prominent figure or group used "medicare for all" to clearly refer to anything other than single payer healthcare? not just a stray quote, but someone prominent (a politician or political advisor or thinktank or whatever) who repeatedly used it that way?

until recently i've never seen anyone claim that it was such a broad term, and i can only remember ever seeing it used to refer to single payer (sometimes generally, sometimes to specific bills/proposals). if i'm wrong that's completely fine, nate's statement just doesn't mesh with my understanding of the phrase at all.
User avatar

manierisme
 
Posts: 1643
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:47 am

I mean in retrospect plenty of them did (Kamala and Pete are the best examples) they just weren't forthright they were doing it at the time
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:48 am

props to Beto, he actually spelled out what his disagreements were with the Bernie version from the beginning
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby Polygraph Shakira » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:54 am



what in the world
isobel wrote:im so smart because my head wasnt crushed at birth
User avatar

Polygraph Shakira
the groosalugg
 
Posts: 4265
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: Here.

Postby quinine » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:55 am

nate's talking out his ass. the only people pretending m4a meant something other than universal single payer were the prez candidates who have been trying to muddy it the past couple months to avoid saying they don't support it.

and medicare is single payer, what do you think single payer means joe
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself
User avatar

quinine
ok
 
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: 0,0 / The Shinto Zone

Postby coop » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:57 am

I feel ashamed for once considering Kamala a viable candidate :oops:
User avatar

coop
 
Posts: 16478
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:29 am
Location: San Junipero

Postby murray st. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:59 am

the inevitable shit-flinging "inside the collapse of kamala 2020" piece is going to be sublime
User avatar

murray st.
 
Posts: 25158
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Postby murray st. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:05 am

manierisme wrote:can someone show me where a prominent figure or group used "medicare for all" to clearly refer to anything other than single payer healthcare? not just a stray quote, but someone prominent (a politician or political advisor or thinktank or whatever) who repeatedly used it that way?

until recently i've never seen anyone claim that it was such a broad term, and i can only remember ever seeing it used to refer to single payer (sometimes generally, sometimes to specific bills/proposals). if i'm wrong that's completely fine, nate's statement just doesn't mesh with my understanding of the phrase at all.


https://www.politico.com/story/2007/04/ ... all-003676

Ted Kennedy wrote:Our proposal will be entirely voluntary. Americans who wish to stay in their current employer-sponsored plans can do so, and employers can tailor their health plans to provide additional services to their employees that wrap around Medicare coverage. Those who prefer private insurance can choose any of the plans offered to members of Congress and the president.
User avatar

murray st.
 
Posts: 25158
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 pm

Postby tgk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:07 am

coop wrote:I feel ashamed for once considering Kamala a viable candidate :oops:


well, on the surface she was an exceptionally viable candidate but she can not connect with voters at all
User avatar

tgk
 
Posts: 37516
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby quinine » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:09 am

ah yes, noted progressive ted kennedy
Dr. Norm Thagard wrote:You have truly outside yourself
User avatar

quinine
ok
 
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: 0,0 / The Shinto Zone

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:11 am

Polygraph Shakira wrote:

what in the world


people give this man a stupid amount of money for his professional opinion
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

Postby Feech La Manna » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:12 am

murray st. wrote:
manierisme wrote:can someone show me where a prominent figure or group used "medicare for all" to clearly refer to anything other than single payer healthcare? not just a stray quote, but someone prominent (a politician or political advisor or thinktank or whatever) who repeatedly used it that way?

until recently i've never seen anyone claim that it was such a broad term, and i can only remember ever seeing it used to refer to single payer (sometimes generally, sometimes to specific bills/proposals). if i'm wrong that's completely fine, nate's statement just doesn't mesh with my understanding of the phrase at all.


https://www.politico.com/story/2007/04/ ... all-003676

Ted Kennedy wrote:Our proposal will be entirely voluntary. Americans who wish to stay in their current employer-sponsored plans can do so, and employers can tailor their health plans to provide additional services to their employees that wrap around Medicare coverage. Those who prefer private insurance can choose any of the plans offered to members of Congress and the president.


2007 matters more than 2017-2018 apparently
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems
User avatar

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck
 
Posts: 87264
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: Snoopy and Prickly Pete

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ARealGirl, Autarch, Bartatua, brent, bruceagain, Brunch Buttsteak, bunkbeds, cam'ron hubbard, cooly, denvermax, Destroid, douchechill, draw, dreamshake, Elvis Rudolph, Franco, Frank, gandhi, garbagetime, Garland Briggs, gobot, goofjan, goofy's dead wife, grace cathedral park, Hideaway Lights, honeypie, jewels, john plainman 2, KALM, Kiki, kirito, landspeedrecord, launchpad, Lil Gugger, lordofdiapers, Lucky, mariko-juku, mchamartin, messier object, Mister Modular, mutism, Mynx Butticus, Night porter, No Good Advice, nosebleeds, odilon redon, pinkerton, Rainbow Battle Kid, rankoutsider, rich uncle skeleton, Sad Panda, Thalidomide, theta, tiger, trampoline, unbiaseddairylodge, Viz, warmjets, Wrong Titus