Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn (we're doing it)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Pashmina » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 pm

FF 14 has been very well received by those of us playing it, and I think it's time for a spin-off thread, since it mostly started in slack.

I think there are 8-9 of us playing right now. Crossplay between PS4/PC, and it's well-optimized so it shouldn't be hard to run on PC.

Fun game, way deeper than you'd expect, full of goofy mounts and pets to run around with and dress up and dungeons. We are saving to buy property and build a house.

We play on the Goblin server (NA/Aether cluster), which is a "preferred" server, meaning it has double xp to help convince people to move from congested servers, so the time commitment isn't a big deal and you can pretty much play as casually as you want w/ the way the mechanics work.

Our Free Company is here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... 23/member/

we also have players across a few timezones.

This is the new FF 14 thread.

emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Expansions are not necessary, as you need to clear the main quest line from the original to get to that stuff and none of us have gotten that far yet.
emotional fascism wrote:that was a bad post. i'd like to apologize to all board millennials.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:47 pm

I'll create a character there tomorrow.

I made a big cat lancer, and I think if I'm going to get into ny MMROPG game its' gonna be this one

My PSN name is Yaktaur and my FFIV is YaktaurRider
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Just wanna play videogames all the time and everyday.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Pashmina » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:48 pm

Look at all the cute pets I got already!

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Pashmina » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:48 pm

reddit.com wrote:I'll create a character there tomorrow.

I made a big cat lancer, and I think if I'm going to get into ny MMROPG game its' gonna be this one

My PSN name is Yaktaur and my FFIV is YaktaurRider

all that matters is your char name on the server, just apply to the fc/ask someone for an invite.

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Oh well add me on PSN anyway whoever reads this

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby fuckles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm

I'm gonna have to figure this out soon

It's free til level 30 right?
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.

fuckles

Postby Pashmina » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:58 pm

something like that

petty did the trial

petty tell fuckles about the trial

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:59 pm

At least on PS4 you can download the game as a free trial and the limit is a level (20 I think) not any amount of time. It could be 30

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby fuckles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Thangks
Cyril Sneer wrote:INSANE post. I could literally read it for hours.

fuckles

Postby all day breakfast » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:06 pm

im level 30 and have been very bad at keeping up but the game is very chill

all day breakfast

Postby Pashmina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:08 pm

yeah keeping up isnt really necessary because of level syncing for dungeons and the quality of the community (ive done almost all my dungeons with 100% pub groups and have only had one where ppl bailed)

im always done to do whatever lower level stuff or go gathering together or w/e

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm

i need to look into this
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Pashmina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:50 pm

mcwop23 wrote:i need to look into this

it owns and it is finally bridging the ps4 and pc communities

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby jca » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:13 pm

jca

Postby Pashmina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:34 pm

That's the edition most of us bought btw

It has all the content of vanilla plus all of the patches up to the expansions, which make up almost as much content as the base game

So it's not some handicapped bullshit, and the game is 0% pay to win

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby bruceagain » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 pm

i'm always grinding if anybody needs people for parties
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby Pashmina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 pm

yeah same, although my main is dps

i have a 30-something wm though that i can level up a bit if people need to get through dungeons quicker

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby sunrise » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:00 am

hopefully can jump into this on friday

sunrise

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:49 am

is this something where i can grind quickly to where i wouldn't be a major hindrance for group play?
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby bruceagain » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:50 am

ya
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby bruceagain » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:52 am

that said, here's me

bruceagain

Postby mcwop23 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:02 am

i'm a chronic grinder in these games and all games
wendy wrote:

mcwop23

Postby gordie blue eyes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:30 am

i bought this. never really played a full-on mmo and am still hopelessly addicted to overwatch and ARMS atm but it would be fun to do a classic hipinion piss gang thing for once in my damn life

gordie blue eyes
Reclining in the sky on a cloud with silver lining

Postby jca » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 am

from ala mhigo to mhigo to ishgard to gard
i sell it guild on guild, it's off the bard

jca

Postby Pashmina » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:32 pm

mcwop23 wrote:is this something where i can grind quickly to where i wouldn't be a major hindrance for group play?

2 things:

1) the game adjusts levels so you can play with lower level people. your experience is then adjusted for the level you actually are.

2) our server gives 2x xp, plus you get a ring when you get your first job to level 15 (which takes maybe 30-60 minutes) that further increases your xp gains when you're under level 30 by 30%

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Postby babycrime » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:51 pm

I'll hop in soon, do some heals

I didnt think a mmo could work well on a console but its kinda nice with a controller

babycrime

Postby Man From Laramie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:34 pm

apart from bruce helping me with a dungeon run i've not really done much with hpn people. but like pootis said the pub people are very nice.

my best experience with the game was a couple of nights ago. i ran a level 35 dungeon and it seems like they ramp up the dungeon difficulty at this point. before all my groups easily finished the dungeon without anyone even close to dying. this time my group wiped lots of times and the only person who had any experience was the tank. he ended up being very polite and helpful and pointing out the boss mechanics and how we could better play our classes. at this point i'm a healer and doing a pretty shitty job but he pointed me in the right direction and recommended what spells i should be using. so we got to the final boss and wiped about 5 more times before finally beating him:) it was great.

Man From Laramie

Postby deadbass » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:36 pm

I love this game, but I don't think I have anything I can play it on currently. I'm gonna see how it fares on my MacBook w/ boot camp.

deadbass

Postby Pashmina » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:52 pm

babycrime wrote:I'll hop in soon, do some heals

I didnt think a mmo could work well on a console but its kinda nice with a controller

yeah im pc but i played up until like level 40 with a controller

you can still set it up nice with a controller but i got like four actionbars i use so i switched to m/k

but obv that ps4 community is significant so the game does indeed play very well w/ one

Pashmina
I LOVE CATS!!!

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....