Streaming recommendations (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Crackle?)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby mini » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:15 am

super gas wrote:can't really stand the recent trend of tv shows that try to be nostalgic by taking place in a specific decade but i really felt pen15's aim episode.

it hit a feeling so exactly, in a way no other nostalgia in media ever has for me, like i was completely transported to a place i'd forgotten
mini

Postby mellowgold » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am

wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby blurst of times » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 am

Um what

The chances of that being good seem pretty slim, but I guess I'll wait to see who's involved at least
blurst of times
ride.

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Came to post that; pretty upsetting news! It's one of those books whose beauty will absolutely be lost in translation to a different medium, especially in the hands of a company like Netflix.
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby wintergreen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 pm

pen15 is such a beautiful depiction of a friendship. the last two episodes had my eyes watering. probably the best thing on tv right now (considering high maintenance's weakening back half.)
wintergreen

Postby pinkerton » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:04 pm

Milquetoaster Strudels wrote:Came to post that; pretty upsetting news! It's one of those books whose beauty will absolutely be lost in translation to a different medium, especially in the hands of a company like Netflix.

*literally getting eaten alive by ants* *record scratch* you're probably wondering how i got here..
pinkerton

Postby Milk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:27 pm

For some messed up reason i've started watching the Titans show.

Wtf are they even doing? Hey we've got 4 characters to develop on one single show. But here's Hawk and Dove in episode 2, and now here's doom patrol, because we have enough of 11 episodes to address the 4 characters that matter. God this show is a mess.

Also the amount of lazy writing in this show is pretty astounding.

THIS is what DC pits out against Marvel's netflix shows?...jesus.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."
Milk

Postby j-ol » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:29 am

wintergreen wrote:pen15 is such a beautiful depiction of a friendship. the last two episodes had my eyes watering. probably the best thing on tv right now (considering high maintenance's weakening back half.)

i loved this show. watched it with my gf and she kept exclaiming "this is exactly what teenage girls are actually like!!"
j-ol

Postby spix et chicho » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:32 am

just remembered the subtle recurring bit of Anna refixing her tendrils
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ
spix et chicho

Postby acidity regulator » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Anyone signed up for the Night Flight channel, it's on Roku at least? Punk/Trash docs and b-movies, kinda like cinemageddon but streaming. Watched a Radio Birdman and a San Diego punk doc both good and this'll keep me entertained for a while.
ImageImageImage
acidity regulator
Site Admin

Postby saranclaps » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:57 pm

schitt's creek is now free on roku channel, the free streaming thing that comes on all rokus (and i think there's also a web-based thing too)
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby furrowed brow » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:27 pm

What's it gonna take to get these streaming sites to start including a "directed/made by women" category? Tubi has both an lgbt section and one for black cinema but still nothing to highlight women.
furrowed brow

Postby worrywort » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:52 pm

what have you tried so far?
worrywort

Postby mellowgold » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:00 pm

Apple is coming on March 25
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby super gas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 pm

Interesting. Disney really dragging their feet with Disney+

I can't see myself buying an Apple TV though. My dad has one and it feels outdated af
super gas

Postby mellowgold » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Sorry I didn’t mean the service is coming on the March 25 but the announcement of the service lol

I’ve read that it could be free? Who knows! Tim Apple will reveal all.
mellowgold

Postby super gas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Ahh probably similar release date as Disney+ then.

Free? Like with commercials?

I'm curious about Are You Sleeping but most of their programming looks like trash.
super gas

Postby mellowgold » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:21 pm

Yeah with ads.

Free to anyone who owns an Apple product
mellowgold

Postby saranclaps » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:22 pm

“Tim Cook is giving notes and getting involved,” said a producer who has worked with Apple. One of the CEO’s most repeated notes is “don’t be so mean!,” the source said.

“He’s giving feedback,” an agent said of Cook, adding that the CEO has been seen on the Vancouver set for “See,” a futuristic drama about human kind without sight, and in LA for the production of a drama starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston.

Apple executives in general have been “very involved,” this person said, adding that writers and directors prefer to work without corporate intrusions.

Apple’s nitpicking over content and technology has led to delays, sources said.

The streaming service is widely expected to be unveiled this month, but the final product won’t likely be available to consumers before the end of the year — and it will offer just a handful of the several dozen shows it has in the works, sources said.

Another frustration is that Apple also keeps moving the target on what it wants, sources said.

“They are making big changes, firing and hiring new writers. There’s a lack of clarity on what they want,” the producer said. “A lot of the product is not as good as they hoped it to be,” he said.

Cook, 58, has been public about wanting family-friendly content, but insiders say the tech giant has also passed on storylines because they are about potentially controversial topics, like religion or the negative consequences of technology.

“They want a positive view of technology,” the producer noted.

Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby super gas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:26 pm

sounds like hot mess.
super gas

Postby furrowed brow » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 pm

worrywort wrote:what have you tried so far?

Nothing and I'm all out of ideas :(
furrowed brow

Postby furrowed brow » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Maybe I'll write a letter to Netflix.
furrowed brow

Postby mellowgold » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm

saranclaps wrote:
“Tim Cook is giving notes and getting involved,” said a producer who has worked with Apple. One of the CEO’s most repeated notes is “don’t be so mean!,” the source said.

“He’s giving feedback,” an agent said of Cook, adding that the CEO has been seen on the Vancouver set for “See,” a futuristic drama about human kind without sight, and in LA for the production of a drama starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston.

Apple executives in general have been “very involved,” this person said, adding that writers and directors prefer to work without corporate intrusions.

Apple’s nitpicking over content and technology has led to delays, sources said.

The streaming service is widely expected to be unveiled this month, but the final product won’t likely be available to consumers before the end of the year — and it will offer just a handful of the several dozen shows it has in the works, sources said.

Another frustration is that Apple also keeps moving the target on what it wants, sources said.

“They are making big changes, firing and hiring new writers. There’s a lack of clarity on what they want,” the producer said. “A lot of the product is not as good as they hoped it to be,” he said.

Cook, 58, has been public about wanting family-friendly content, but insiders say the tech giant has also passed on storylines because they are about potentially controversial topics, like religion or the negative consequences of technology.

“They want a positive view of technology,” the producer noted.

Aaah this is the goss I crave
mellowgold

Postby davideotape » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:45 pm

amazon prime has a weird george c scott satire called Movie Movie and its pretty great so far.
davideotape

Postby mellowgold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:08 am

mellowgold

Postby qmass » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 am

the Dawn Wall doc on Netflix is so good, and much more enjoyable than Free Solo, which I loved a great deal also.

I am on a climbing documentary fix - what else should I watch?
qmass

Postby brent » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:20 am

i wish they would offer the bundle for spotify family plan subscribers :|
brent

Postby brent » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:21 am

what's the prettiest thing i can watch in HDR 4k on netflix?
brent

Postby mellowgold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 am

is Maniac in 4k? because if so that.
mellowgold

Postby the scofflaw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 am

qmass wrote:the Dawn Wall doc on Netflix is so good, and much more enjoyable than Free Solo, which I loved a great deal also.

I am on a climbing documentary fix - what else should I watch?

the guy that filmed free solo previously did meru, which was good and i think still on netflix/prime
been on a similar kick and would also appreciate suggestions
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.
the scofflaw

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....