Streaming recommendations (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Crackle?)

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby super gas » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:26 pm

sounds like hot mess.
super gas

Postby furrowed brow » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 pm

worrywort wrote:what have you tried so far?

Nothing and I'm all out of ideas :(
furrowed brow

Postby furrowed brow » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm

Maybe I'll write a letter to Netflix.
furrowed brow

Postby mellowgold » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm

saranclaps wrote:
“Tim Cook is giving notes and getting involved,” said a producer who has worked with Apple. One of the CEO’s most repeated notes is “don’t be so mean!,” the source said.

“He’s giving feedback,” an agent said of Cook, adding that the CEO has been seen on the Vancouver set for “See,” a futuristic drama about human kind without sight, and in LA for the production of a drama starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston.

Apple executives in general have been “very involved,” this person said, adding that writers and directors prefer to work without corporate intrusions.

Apple’s nitpicking over content and technology has led to delays, sources said.

The streaming service is widely expected to be unveiled this month, but the final product won’t likely be available to consumers before the end of the year — and it will offer just a handful of the several dozen shows it has in the works, sources said.

Another frustration is that Apple also keeps moving the target on what it wants, sources said.

“They are making big changes, firing and hiring new writers. There’s a lack of clarity on what they want,” the producer said. “A lot of the product is not as good as they hoped it to be,” he said.

Cook, 58, has been public about wanting family-friendly content, but insiders say the tech giant has also passed on storylines because they are about potentially controversial topics, like religion or the negative consequences of technology.

“They want a positive view of technology,” the producer noted.

Aaah this is the goss I crave
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby davideotape » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:45 pm

amazon prime has a weird george c scott satire called Movie Movie and its pretty great so far.
davideotape

Postby mellowgold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:08 am

wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold

Postby qmass » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:16 am

the Dawn Wall doc on Netflix is so good, and much more enjoyable than Free Solo, which I loved a great deal also.

I am on a climbing documentary fix - what else should I watch?
qmass

Postby brent » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:20 am

i wish they would offer the bundle for spotify family plan subscribers :|
brent

Postby brent » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:21 am

what's the prettiest thing i can watch in HDR 4k on netflix?
brent

Postby mellowgold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 am

is Maniac in 4k? because if so that.
mellowgold

Postby the scofflaw » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 am

qmass wrote:the Dawn Wall doc on Netflix is so good, and much more enjoyable than Free Solo, which I loved a great deal also.

I am on a climbing documentary fix - what else should I watch?

the guy that filmed free solo previously did meru, which was good and i think still on netflix/prime
been on a similar kick and would also appreciate suggestions
A novel by Chuck Palahniuk.
the scofflaw

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am

saranclaps wrote:
“Tim Cook is giving notes and getting involved,” said a producer who has worked with Apple. One of the CEO’s most repeated notes is “don’t be so mean!,” the source said.

“He’s giving feedback,” an agent said of Cook, adding that the CEO has been seen on the Vancouver set for “See,” a futuristic drama about human kind without sight, and in LA for the production of a drama starring Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston.

Apple executives in general have been “very involved,” this person said, adding that writers and directors prefer to work without corporate intrusions.

Apple’s nitpicking over content and technology has led to delays, sources said.

The streaming service is widely expected to be unveiled this month, but the final product won’t likely be available to consumers before the end of the year — and it will offer just a handful of the several dozen shows it has in the works, sources said.

Another frustration is that Apple also keeps moving the target on what it wants, sources said.

“They are making big changes, firing and hiring new writers. There’s a lack of clarity on what they want,” the producer said. “A lot of the product is not as good as they hoped it to be,” he said.

Cook, 58, has been public about wanting family-friendly content, but insiders say the tech giant has also passed on storylines because they are about potentially controversial topics, like religion or the negative consequences of technology.

“They want a positive view of technology,” the producer noted.

this is fascinating, especially placed next to the reports about bezos' behavior since moving to LA.

hollyweird claims another victim!!1
The jury is in on donald trump
Beautiful Jugdish

Postby mellowgold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 am

The video service is expected to blend some originals but mostly third-party video, consistent with the company’s recent emphasis on services revenue. Multiple reports have indicated the company could take a distribution fee of about 30% for other companies’ apps, in a model similar to those operated by Amazon and Roku.

The subscriber comparisons are not entirely apples-to-apples, of course. Netflix, Hulu and others report tallies for subscribers who sign up just to obtain their content, as opposed to in Apple’s case, where they will be accessing the Apple-designed platform and order cafeteria-style, as they do in Apple’s iTunes or App stores.

In order to stand out in this crowded field, Apple could buy a movie studio or another content engine to plug into its streaming operation, Ives said, identifying A24, Lionsgate, Sony, CBS and Viacom as free agents of interest.

“While acquisitions have not been in Apple’s core DNA, the clock has struck midnight for Cupertino,” Ives wrote. “Building content organically is a slow and arduous path, which highlights the clear need for Apple to do larger, strategic M&A.”
mellowgold

Postby brent » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 am

mellowgold wrote:is Maniac in 4k? because if so that.

it is and it looks pretty incredible! i think that and the new season of chef's table are all i have seen
brent

Postby saranclaps » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:16 pm

fwiw, i don't think a24 would've made a deal with apple if they didn't have creative control
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
saranclaps

Postby Franco » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Triple Frontier cast is sick
Franco

Postby fresh salad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 pm

I watched like 5 episodes of After Life and bawled twice.
I'm old fat and alone so it's hitting he kind of hard.
:roll:
Yep, those are the jeans of a cat owner
fresh salad

Postby R C » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Franco wrote:Triple Frontier cast is sick

Also CJ Chandor
Poptone wrote:"I was there, Gandalf, when the nickelodeons came crumbling down."
R C

Postby crash.landing » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 am

Dead In A Week (Or Your Money Back) on Netflix is a great little movie. Pitch black humor and a satisfying ending. If gallows humor is your thing, like it is mine, you should enjoy this movie a quite a bit.

*[Trigger warning for suicidal depression]
crash.landing

Postby Franco » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Franco

Postby super gas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:08 pm

i enjoyed after life, thought it was pretty good.

i just found out ashley jensen's husband committed suicide. i love her, she's so good :cry:
super gas

Postby super gas » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Franco wrote:

i enjoyed the show but i also thought it's grown a bit stale. like where else can they take this without it going dull?
super gas

Postby Franco » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:12 pm

ok, Netflix
Franco

Postby mellowgold » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Lol
mellowgold

Postby worrywort » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:45 pm

yah, i went and did it
worrywort

Postby pana » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm

surprised it took netflix so long to do a maddie mccann doc
pana

Postby furrowed brow » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:17 pm

ooooo, that sounds like extremely my shit.
furrowed brow

Postby Franco » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Aidy Bryant’s Shrill (Hulu) is pretty good so far !
Franco

Postby Franco » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Franco wrote:Aidy Bryant’s Shrill (Hulu) is pretty good so far !

Welp, weird ending. But there was a lot of good stuff throughout
Franco

Postby mellowgold » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Ya it’s ok. I really like Aidy Bryant tho
mellowgold

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....