Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby pink snake » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Or is there another service fee added to it by Sinemia?
pink snake

Postby landspeedrecord » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:36 pm

you're getting burned for $1.80 for every film you watch
rather be an idiot than a sheeple
landspeedrecord

Postby pinkerton » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:02 pm

AMC Stubs is good. There’s one nice theater here and one really run down one and that one is the AMC. There’s a liquor store next door. I just go get fucked up a few times a week there. Popcorn and coke for $5.50. Good pizza place next store on the other side when the movie ends and I don’t feel ready to make the 2 mile drive home. No one I know goes there because a couple people have gotten shot there the last few years, which makes it better.
pinkerton

Postby davideotape » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:22 pm

where are you getting popcorn and a coke for 5.50??????

mine just gives me larges for the price of small but thats still like $16
davideotape

Postby pinkerton » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:33 pm

davideotape wrote:where are you getting popcorn and a coke for 5.50??????

mine just gives me larges for the price of small but thats still like $16

Alabama. It's a promotion you're supposed to have a coupon for but they just scan the one they have at the register if you ask for it. The popcorn is pretty small.
pinkerton

Postby Chester Minute » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Alabama I believe gives popcorn and soda to school children gratis
Chester Minute

Postby jca » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:27 pm

pinkerton wrote:AMC Stubs is good. There’s one nice theater here and one really run down one and that one is the AMC. There’s a liquor store next door. I just go get fucked up a few times a week there. Popcorn and coke for $5.50. Good pizza place next store on the other side when the movie ends and I don’t feel ready to make the 2 mile drive home. No one I know goes there because a couple people have gotten shot there the last few years, which makes it better.

sounds awesome
jca

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 pm

can request a card for $15 now
https://www.slashfilm.com/sinemia-debit-card/
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:02 am

make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:43 am

make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby RIXX » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:18 am

FYI - you have until January 9th to sign up for AMC Stubs A-List and lock in the $20 for 12 movies a month price. After that date, "the price will increase by $4 to $23.95 a month, while in others it will increase by $2 to $21.95 a month."

If you sign up before Jan 9th, you'll keep the $20/month for a year until Jan 9 2020. it's a really good deal, y'all should do it
RIXX

Postby davideotape » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:07 am

American Animals was pretty decent i gotta say
davideotape

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:23 am

I finally used Sinemia for the first time last week, what a headache. First I was trying movietickets as my buying provider and it would keep timing out and even when i completed it, it rejected it 3x. I didn't know what zip code I put in, what name to enter for the card, or what type of credit card it is. Figured out later it's a Mastercard. I finally switched over to Atom and it didn't ask for all that info and went through on my first attempt. I maintain there's very few people over 50 who can easily use this thing.

I did order the card recently.
I want to change my account from 3x a month to the unlimited plan but it's not giving me the option in my account settings???
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby RIXX » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:08 am

Brouhaha wrote:I finally used Sinemia for the first time last week, what a headache. First I was trying movietickets as my buying provider and it would keep timing out and even when i completed it, it rejected it 3x. I didn't know what zip code I put in, what name to enter for the card, or what type of credit card it is. Figured out later it's a Mastercard. I finally switched over to Atom and it didn't ask for all that info and went through on my first attempt. I maintain there's very few people over 50 who can easily use this thing.

I did order the card recently.
I want to change my account from 3x a month to the unlimited plan but it's not giving me the option in my account settings???

do not use movietickets or atom

in my entire year of using sinemia, i have always selected "other ticket selling website" and it cannot be easier

they give you a virtual credit card with all the details including name and zip code. just plug it into fandango or whatever. it's worked 100% of the time for me

i have lots of issues with sinemia but the actual service, i have none
RIXX

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:52 pm

The virtual card they gave me did not provide a name, zip or what kind of credit card it is. Only a card number, expiration, and the 3 digit code on the back. Wasn't sure to use the zip of sinemia's address, mine, or even the theater itself. Atom was real smooth though and didn't ask for any of that.

Does fandango ask for any of that info?
Are you still going through Facebook or direct?
How much do I list the fee at? Is it still zero?
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby jack » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:54 pm

its a mastercard. it should tell you the zip in the paragraph of text underneath the virtual card picture. i always just use my name but i don't think it matters.
jack

Postby RIXX » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Yeah what jack said. For name I always put Sinemia Sinemia but it prob doesn't matter. The zip has consistently been 90038 for me everytime.

You list the fee as whatever the fandango or other service says the transaction fee is. I still navigate to fandango through the showtimes at facebook.com/movies, and you'll see the fee subtracted on fandango afterwards. Then you just say "no fee" in the sinemia app.
RIXX

Postby Brouhaha » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks folks, I'll try employing those strategies or keep using Atom

Once I have the card, I'll mostly be purchasing in person to avoid any fees but might still use a 3rd party for advance ticketing
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby FourLegsGood » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 am

cancelled my movie pass subscription a few months back but am missing seeing so many movies. What is the current best subscription model: Movie Pass, Sinemia, AMC Stubs...?
#weirdnight
FourLegsGood

Postby fakename » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:08 am

AMC a list is fantastic if you have an AMC nearby. Not as much art house, obviously.

Moviepass dropped eticketing for landmark theaters, so there have been zero movies available in my area for the past week. Gonna cancel soon. It was a good ride while it lasted.
fakename

Postby RIXX » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:15 am

fakename wrote:AMC a list is fantastic if you have an AMC nearby. Not as much art house, obviously.

yep. AMC also is by far the easiest to use, totally intuitive and smooth

sinemia is the most similar to OG moviepass, it's just clunkier and the customer service is hellish. but it's really the only usable service for independent & arthouse theaters. they have an $8.99 for 3 movies a month promo price going on right now. the only downsides are a $20 initiation fee and a 2 week waiting period after you sign up (I don't know if this is still around or not) which you can bypass for a one-time $9.99 "accelerated activation fee"
RIXX

Postby davideotape » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:51 am

amc a-list is great. it’s literally 12 movies a month of any kind (3d, imax... i kinda wish that “dbox” nonsense was anywhere near me to try that)

two theaters nearby play the mainstream arthouse movies so i can scratch that itch or see the big dumb one id never pay real $$ to see
davideotape

Postby Brouhaha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:36 pm

I read that over half of MP subscribers have cancelled

They just sent me an email for the 3x plan for 6.95 a month, lol.
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby Bob511 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:24 am

Brouhaha wrote:They just sent me an email for the 3x plan for 6.95 a month, lol.

universe, you can't play the willfully ignorant, but partisan bleeding heart
Bob511

Postby Brouhaha » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:12 am

i missed this part
*$6.95 a month when you purchase 2 or more Select Plans for 12-months.

they probably won't make it to summer
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 am

make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby davideotape » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:42 am

that $20 sinemia deal seems exactly like what im looking for. they stink to use though? added fees, weird process, etc?
davideotape

Postby Chester Minute » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:51 am

Try movie pass!
Chester Minute

Postby RIXX » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:42 am

davideotape wrote:that $20 sinemia deal seems exactly like what im looking for. they stink to use though? added fees, weird process, etc?

They don't stink to use, they are actually pretty easy once you get pass some bullshit things about them

1. When you sign up, you have to wait two weeks for some "cardless activation process" to complete. You can pay $10 to activate it immediately. I just waited the two weeks tho.

2. For online tickets, you do have to pay for the convenience fee that the ticket website charges. HOWEVER, if you choose your movie on Facebook.com/movies, it'll take you to Fandango for checkout and the transaction fee will be waived. It'll ask you on Sinemia to input how much the ticket convenience fee was, and if you used this facebook promo, you just put in "I didn't pay any convenience fee"

3. There is also a bullshit transaction fee now for online tickets that you have to pay through Sinemia. It's $1.80. However, if you get the physical Sinemia card, there is no transaction fees.

4. I believe it costs $25 to order a physical Sinemia card. I haven't gotten one yet but I probably will so I don't have to deal with transaction fees anymore. The people on the Sinemia reddit say they really like it.

5. The Sinemia customer service (via email or Twitter DM) is horrible. Sometimes, very rarely, I'll get a prompt response on Twitter, but it usually takes hours.

Despite all this, I like Sinemia because the app is really easy to use and I've never had a problem buying tickets online. They give you a virtual Mastercard card info and you just plug it into your online ticket purchasing website, I use Fandango, and you click purchase! couldn't be easier imho

Since I typed all this up for ya, if you decide to sign up, use my link and we'll both get $20 in Sinemia credit :D https://www.sinemia.com/R/J8YK4G
RIXX

Postby mellowgold » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:10 am

lol i love ur av, rixx
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....