Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby delgriffith » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:52 am

Use RIXX's link! I agree w/ him on all fronts re: Sinemia!
delgriffith

Postby RIXX » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:10 am

thanks del thanks mel :D :D

oh and the new rollover thing is definitely cool but i've figured out my own workaround. take this month for instance, january is the worst month for movies all year, and I didn't use any of my 3 tickets. every day for the past three days, i've purchased a ticket thru fandango with one of my Sinemia credits, and then returned the ticket for credit on Fandango, which allows returns up to the posted showtime. and I used the Alamo Drafthouse in Brooklyn since it's nearby my work and I could walk over there on my lunch and check in. so now I have like $45 in Fandango credit that I can use for whatever, whenever
RIXX

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:11 am

I have a month left on my Costco MoviePass and it's actually been pretty great for the past month or two. Just have to get to the theater exactly when they open in the morning to make sure you get a ticket. :lol:
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby fakename » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:54 pm

you can also disable background data, open the app at 8am, select the movie you want to see, and then not close or refresh the app.

saw Destroyer that way this weekend, and the guy at the box office was audibly surprised when my card wasn't declined.
fakename

Postby deadwolfbones » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:32 pm

fakename wrote:you can also disable background data, open the app at 8am, select the movie you want to see, and then not close or refresh the app.

saw Destroyer that way this weekend, and the guy at the box office was audibly surprised when my card wasn't declined.

whoa sick

good tip
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby davideotape » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:12 am

man the yearly bill at $250 is killing me, i thought it was monthly. lol it triggered my bank fraud alert
davideotape

Postby RIXX » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:25 am

davideotape wrote:man the yearly bill at $250 is killing me, i thought it was monthly. lol it triggered my bank fraud alert

they used to offer both monthly and yearly. i'm sure the monthly plans will come back at some point. I'm still on a monthly $7.99 for 3 movies a month plan. I also just got this message, "You have an extra 1 movie day available that has rolled over from last month. Enjoy!" even though I used all three movies last month, but I'm not gonna complain about a free movie! lol

did you use my referral link btw? it's all good if you didn't but I didn't see the $20 credit yet so I just wanted to ask before I talk to customer support
RIXX

Postby davideotape » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 am

i did but didnt process it yet and i took the fraud alert as a reminder that im not sure i can swing $240 all in one pop just yet
davideotape

Postby davideotape » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:41 am

also— it said $10. only $20 if i had a moviepass sub i was moving over. amc’s didnt seem to be honored
davideotape

Postby RIXX » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:49 am

davideotape wrote:also— it said $10. only $20 if i had a moviepass sub i was moving over. amc’s didnt seem to be honored

ah ok. $10 is still pretty rad. i knew it was $10 previously but I had seen this banner by the wallet page yesterday so I thought maybe it had gone up (that banner isn't a link to a page with more details or anything, it's just an image I guess)

RIXX

Postby RIXX » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:51 am

davideotape wrote:i did but didnt process it yet and i took the fraud alert as a reminder that im not sure i can swing $240 all in one pop just yet

honestly the monthly plans could come back any day now. their promos come and go pretty quickly. as you can see by this reddit page, the monthly plans had reappeared as recently as three days ago:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Sinemia/comments/akxyst/monthly_plans_have_returned/
RIXX

Postby pink snake » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:13 am

Sinemia should really have a push notification thing to remind you to check-in. I forgot last night.
pink snake

Postby tarantula » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:18 am

you fellows take seeing movies seriously
tarantula

Postby Chester Minute » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:31 am

They're "films," sir
Chester Minute

Postby tarantula » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:36 am

from the scum on a pond to the gunk in yr eye, film is something i'll pay a monthly subscription to keep seeing
tarantula

Postby RIXX » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:56 am

tarantula wrote:you fellows take seeing movies seriously

bad post, tedious boarder
RIXX

Postby deadwolfbones » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:15 pm

RIXX wrote:Since I typed all this up for ya, if you decide to sign up, use my link and we'll both get $20 in Sinemia credit :D https://www.sinemia.com/R/J8YK4G

Yo RIXX, my gf and I are gonna use yr link. She just went through it and it just dumped her to the front page of their site. No obvious indication of referral credit. Is that correct?
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby RIXX » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:16 pm

deadwolfbones wrote:
RIXX wrote:Since I typed all this up for ya, if you decide to sign up, use my link and we'll both get $20 in Sinemia credit :D https://www.sinemia.com/R/J8YK4G

Yo RIXX, my gf and I are gonna use yr link. She just went through it and it just dumped her to the front page of their site. No obvious indication of referral credit. Is that correct?

I got the $20 credit from her, thanks!! :)

did you guys get it too? it'll show up in the wallet on the lefthand side
RIXX

Postby deadwolfbones » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:12 pm

I'm so fucking pissed at Sinemia already and I'm not even a subscriber yet.

Bought the $100 GC for $70 as part of the Valentine's sale. Turns out you can't actually use the GC until 2/14, when the prices will presumably rise to make the discount on the GC entirely worthless. Shady as fuck. They've already gone up $1/mo, actually.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby RIXX » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:31 pm

I thought this thread was bumped to talk about how Sinemia has locked everyone out of their accounts unless they provide pictures of their government-issued ID and a photo of themselves holding their ID. according to this reddit thread you can blur out ur license number and address, which I did because this company is not US-based and this feels sketchy as fuck. my verification is still pending...

RIXX

Postby deadwolfbones » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Yeah, also very skeezy.
dead was real dumb
deadwolfbones

Postby mellowgold » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

this is insane to save like $10 a month on movies theres not even anything good playing rn

some company needs to come thru and just really streamline this or theaters need to do a better job at rolling out their own versions. i'd sign up for the AMC plan but i've moved and there isn't one around me anymore.
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby RIXX » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Honestly I know Sinemia is a piece of shit company and they're gonna keep trying to nickel-and-dime me and pull sketchy shit over and over because this is an impossible business model that isn't profitable or sustainable, and this company will die just like Moviepass did sooner rather than later. So it's all about swerving around the shady tactics and riding this wave until it's over and these companies no longer exist, because for now, $7.99 for three movies a month is still an incredible deal and worth putting up with their bullshit for.
RIXX

Postby mellowgold » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Sinemia Now Requires Users to Send in Blood Samples and a Photocopy of Their SSN to Continue Using Shitty Service
wimbledon, strawberries, bubbles, please protect me. happy midsumma, hope you spend it in your heart, everyone is there. bitch.
mellowgold
congrats on making 10,000 gay posts bb

Postby RIXX » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:44 pm

mellowgold wrote:this is insane to save like $10 a month on movies theres not even anything good playing rn

i've been using my 3 movies a month on shitty movies and getting fandango refunds during these dregs of the cinema year when nothing is playing. so i have like $100+ in fandango credit by now.

and i save on average ~ $30 a month with this service, versus if i was to alternatively pay full price for 3 films a month
RIXX

Postby RIXX » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:49 pm

RIXX wrote:
mellowgold wrote:this is insane to save like $10 a month on movies theres not even anything good playing rn

i've been using my 3 movies a month on shitty movies and getting fandango refunds during these dregs of the cinema year when nothing is playing. so i have like $100+ in fandango credit by now.

and i save on average ~ $30 a month with this service, versus if i was to alternatively pay full price for 3 films a month

basically its insane to use sinemia but u can make it work in ur favor
RIXX

Postby pink snake » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:21 pm

I sprung for sinemia's physical card and I like it.
pink snake

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:28 pm

yeah i got the card too

i need to switch from 3x to unlimited
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby Brouhaha » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:30 pm

does everyone need to do the 2 ids thing or just people they contacted? ive only seen 1 film so far
make it mild
Brouhaha

Postby pink snake » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:50 pm

How do you switch from 3 to unlimited? I emailed them about this but of course they never replied.
pink snake

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....