do you understand the appeal of the Real Housewives?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Franco » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Yeah Carole was the only one that really cared. Bethenney did some bare minimum caring (but then all that great work in Puerto Rico).

There was some article that I dug up with convincing arguments to reveal what were likely the votes from all Housewives nationwide. Not surprising and upsetting stuff.

Franco

Postby scrambled » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:09 pm

yeah i wonder how that show will be like without at least some semblance of a caring person or humanity, y'know? like hot take: dorinda is funny but ultimately very troubling/unpleasant for me to watch. remember that scene where she was so blitzed and like critiquing bethenny's PR charity to her and her partners' faces? and yet denies any substance abuse, etc.

franco i highly suggest you get on the potomac train - chugga chugga choo choo

scrambled

Postby Franco » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Remember I’m the Berkshires when Dorinda, in an effort to distract from a fight and make a joke of herself, planted her face in the birthday cake but the candles were lit and she burned her eyebrow lol.

Ok I’m gonna dip my toe into the Potomac. Is that not highly political?

Franco

Postby Franco » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:21 pm

That charity meeting was soooo bad

Franco

Postby Lowercase Tea » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Potomac is completely wonderful. And I’d be surprised if any of them weren’t democrats.
Lowercase Tea

Postby Marx & Engels » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Bethenny always sucked so her leaving is great news.

They've had other people who fit that same sort of "approaching a reasonable human being" role who I've liked a lot more (Carole and Heather), so I would assume they could add someone new to balance things out. Although I guess they're already starting filming so maybe finding another cast member would be hard on such short notice?

Marx & Engels

Postby scrambled » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 pm

I was watching old reunions on Hulu and I forgot how much I enjoyed Heather (and Kristen tbh). yes i enjoy watching old reunions, it's like clip shows, time capsule, and nonstop good fights. I also really enjoy watching reunions for shows i don't even watch like Married to Medicine because you're like parachuted in media-res, have to gain your bearings/context .

scrambled

Postby scrambled » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:10 pm

god what a fucking mess.

andy cohen trying to serve gravitas is never not funny

scrambled

Postby Cone » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:14 pm

He’s been hanging out with Anderson Cooper too much

Cone

Postby scrambled » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:17 pm

i had a coworker who actually threw down money like $70 or something to see him and anderson do their 'tour' - i forgot to even ask what the content of that could have even been

also had a friend of a friend pay over $100 to see luann's cabaret show :lol:

god and the Bravo Con is coming up - i feel like there's no way that's not going to be a scam for those that actually paid for it

scrambled

Postby virtuous » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:20 pm

I enjoyed seeing dr will this week
virtuous

Postby scrambled » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:24 pm

dude OC is .... *so* dark .... i think i might be out once again.

potentially same with dallas too, feeling very limp

my housemate was curious after i mentioned the whole phaedra-kandi-rape-accusation and so we watched the season 9 reunion and holllllly shit, unparalleled insane tv.

scrambled

Postby Franco » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:41 pm

*serious news face* One on One with Theresa and Joe Giudice coming up....but first we pause for a ShotSki

Franco

Postby virtuous » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:42 pm

Feel like Andy has a crazy dark side and is a bad person.
virtuous

Postby Cone » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:50 pm

scrambled wrote:god and the Bravo Con is coming up - i feel like there's no way that's not going to be a scam for those that actually paid for it

My fiancée may have to be at this for work and it blew my mind when I found out how in demand the tickets were. There’s no way any “Bravolebrity” could do well in a Q&A panel setting and I can only imagine the type of crowd it’ll draw.

Cone

Postby scrambled » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:38 pm

the interplay of irony and non-irony involved in paying for tickets/attending that is really hard to comprehend ...

also yeah i have no doubt that andy cohen is a bad man.

you have to imagine in 10 years when it's all said and done, shit will come out right? you think the NDA's are super long or everyone's just so entangled that they would not sell others out for the risk of fucking themselves over?

scrambled

Postby grace cathedral park » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:57 pm

i think a lot about in one of the earlier seasons of rhoc tamra's son got "nugget" tattooed on his bottom lip because his gf got pregnant and in the ultrasound he looked like a lil chicken nugget
Never knowingly eaten an ass.

grace cathedral park
The Rooster

Postby virtuous » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Boy oh boy do I hate that maga child kid of hers but I do enjoy them talking about what a miserable stain he is.
virtuous

Postby scrambled » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:59 am

that stuff about tamra ostensibly choosing the show over her daughter is so dark

never seen the earlier episodes but tamra asking for a divorce on camera seems so wild

LOL god wow i tried searching for the clip and found this real recent article: Reality TV Curse: All ‘Real Housewives’ Couples Who Filed for Divorce After Appearing on TV - please "relive every Real Housewives couple that filed for divorce after filming the Bravo series."

honestly 35 seems too low - but i guess it's almost a third of the total of 114 housewives.

i got that total number from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_T ... st_members - what a dizzying list. that's truly insane that there's a decade of Cynthia on Atlanta doing truly nothing but be pleasant.

edit: oh my GOD at them doing a solo pic for Taylor Armstrong.

nothing beats Frasier putting his wife Camille on Beverly Hills for the sole purpose of giving her something to do while he had an affair with a flight attendant in NY. that whole thing where she goes to the Tony's with him

scrambled

Postby Lowercase Tea » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:05 pm

https://people.com/tv/vanderpump-rules-max-boyens-racist-tweets/

Please let this result in the cancellation of Vanderpump Rules.
Lowercase Tea

Postby fester » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:09 pm

i hate everything about these shows!

thanks for asking
------------

fester

Postby Cone » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:24 pm

I am frequently bewildered by what it must be like to be head of programming at Bravo. They seem to have the most “fuck it” approach to their brand and I don’t think there’s anything they could do to lose their audience.

Cone

Postby scrambled » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:52 pm

lol right - i'm curious if they'll keep leann on dallas on the cast after she got truly racist this past season. did anyone watch that too?

what's the production meeting - "so vicki helped lie about her boyfriend having cancer ... sounds like great drama for next season."

Lowercase Tea wrote:https://people.com/tv/vanderpump-rules-max-boyens-racist-tweets/

lol wait i was scrolling down and the next automatic article was https://people.com/tv/vanderpump-rules-star-brett-caprioni-racist-tweets/

scrambled

Postby Avalanche Lily » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:13 pm

No I think this would give me secondhand stress.
With slouched hat and guilty eye

Avalanche Lily

Postby Cone » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:07 pm

The newest franchise is gonna be The Real Housewives of Salt Lake...

Kinda interested in seeing how that goes

Cone

Postby scrambled » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:19 pm

would there be a mormon housewife?? that wouldn't be drinking??

scrambled

Postby Lowercase Tea » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:25 pm

scrambled wrote:lol right - i'm curious if they'll keep leann on dallas on the cast after she got truly racist this past season. did anyone watch that too?

what's the production meeting - "so vicki helped lie about her boyfriend having cancer ... sounds like great drama for next season."

Lowercase Tea wrote:https://people.com/tv/vanderpump-rules-max-boyens-racist-tweets/

lol wait i was scrolling down and the next automatic article was https://people.com/tv/vanderpump-rules-star-brett-caprioni-racist-tweets/

Holy shit. Also yeah I saw a bit of Dallas and the Leann thing was bonkers. I was a therapist for awhile and her constantly blaming her stuff on mental health concerns always makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. But yeah I’m willing to bet she will be fired shortly before the next season starts.
Lowercase Tea

Postby kid8 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:30 pm

i watched a 90 day fiance where you watch previous couples from the show comment on new episodes and i laughed a few times.
Oh, I'm a failure, because i haven't got a brain.

kid8
killer

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....