Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby delgriffith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:40 pm

Yeah I'm about to lose the only other final I made (non-HPN money league) where I have Kawhi, Bledsoe, and Gallinari - all of whom have sat at least a game this week.

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:45 pm

pauline walnuts wrote:roto top 4 coming down to the wire

dumb rookies only option is to play jonathan isaac at PF, i love it

Roto has been pretty fun, even though I've done poorly. Percentages really killed me, which is funny because when I was drafting I thought I'd have a pretty good chance at establishing good percentages early in the season so I could chase counting stats down the stretch. But Oladipo ended up shooting really poorly from the line (by his standards) before he got hurt, and I don't have any other guard who goes to the line at high volume and knocks them down.

Also forgot that I drafted Bagley in Roto and dropped him early :(

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:27 pm

Where do you all stand on people who've been knocked out (and are playing in the 3rd place runner up match) still making picking up guys off the waiver wire? I know some leagues are set up so once you're out/eliminated from the main bracket, you can't make any moves. I think that's right, who gives a shit if you finish 3rd or 4th?

I ask because I'm about to lose in a money league where I really wanted to use my final move of the week to pick up someone who would grab a good amount of boards and maybe throw in a block or two. Went to get Christian Wood and a guy who's playing for 3rd had taken him about 20 minutes before me. He finished with 11 boards and 1 block. Ended up taking Mason Plumlee in desperation :lol:

delgriffith

Postby nghiem » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:20 am

Shout out to Gallo, Montrezl, and Deangelo being my rocks all season. I wasn't entirely confident in my draft but some later season pickups (Cousins, Mitch Rob, SGA) proved to be deciding factors. Definitely played the waiver wired hard during playoffs and got some lucky gems. Cheers HPN league #1!

:awful:

nghiem

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:49 am

it turns out the Laserblasts can't win the roto league just by playing big guys all the time

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:53 am

jumper wrote:The 1st and 2nd place teams made it to the finals in L2 and through two days it's a dead heat! 8-) Looking forward to a close race, WELCOME LILLHO

Congrats, jumper! A well deserved win after a great season. Enjoy the crown! :D

delgriffith

Postby the_village » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:36 am

delgriffith wrote:Where do you all stand on people who've been knocked out (and are playing in the 3rd place runner up match) still making picking up guys off the waiver wire? I know some leagues are set up so once you're out/eliminated from the main bracket, you can't make any moves. I think that's right, who gives a shit if you finish 3rd or 4th?

I ask because I'm about to lose in a money league where I really wanted to use my final move of the week to pick up someone who would grab a good amount of boards and maybe throw in a block or two. Went to get Christian Wood and a guy who's playing for 3rd had taken him about 20 minutes before me. He finished with 11 boards and 1 block. Ended up taking Mason Plumlee in desperation :lol:

Playing for third is fine to continue picking up players. Especially in a money league since third place gets some of the pot.

Everyone else should stick with the players they have.

BTW I won 1st in two $$ money leagues this year and 3rd in another. The fourth league was a lesson in never being intoxicated when drafting :oops:

the_village

Postby chandler » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:54 am

roto league gonna be real close. still liking my position but yeah

steals are gonna kill the dumb rookies
i've been getting really into pestcest too lately. haven't really been able to find much good ant stuff, though. anybody have any links to some good biting vids/pics?

chandler

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:59 am

On yeah this is a winner takes all league (so nothing for 3rd). Anyway, ended up being a moot point because Plumdog finished with the same number of boards as Christian Wood and I lost 5-4 anyway, wasn't particularly close.

delgriffith

Postby landspeedrecord » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:34 am

I won my yahoo pro roto league

and came in second in h2h. players I had on that team: kawhi, covington, mirotic, markkanen, patrick beverley, dedmon

I unfortunately played in the finals last week against a dude who has curry
rather be an idiot than a sheeple

landspeedrecord

Postby Lucky » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:47 am

hell ya Yahoo Public 189369 rues the day they let me in the league

katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Lucky

Postby nakedlunch » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:46 am

nghiem wrote:Shout out to Gallo, Montrezl, and Deangelo being my rocks all season. I wasn't entirely confident in my draft but some later season pickups (Cousins, Mitch Rob, SGA) proved to be deciding factors. Definitely played the waiver wired hard during playoffs and got some lucky gems. Cheers HPN league #1!

brutal lost for ghost of scalabrine

you beat me 5-4 and I was under in points by 11 :(

you had some masterful waiver wire action down the line. I kept meaning to try to get more starts in towards the end of the week but it kept slipping my mind.

Good season everyone

nakedlunch

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:58 am

So,
- L1: nghiem champ, nakedlunch runner up
- L2: jumper champ, me runner up
- Auction League: jalapeño ranch champ :barney:, wario lopez runner up

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:59 am

One consistent fact across every team I drafted this year: Dennis Smith Jr. is fantasy poison.

delgriffith

Postby jumper » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:20 pm

delgriffith wrote:
jumper wrote:The 1st and 2nd place teams made it to the finals in L2 and through two days it's a dead heat! 8-) Looking forward to a close race, WELCOME LILLHO

Congrats, jumper! A well deserved win after a great season. Enjoy the crown! :D

Thanks, dude! And likewise, huge props on putting together a team that killed it all season long. I genuinely wish we'd both been at full strength for the Finals, it was a fun matchup :)

jumper

Postby jumper » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:39 pm

I support the idea of locking all waiver wire pickups for teams eliminated from the championship bracket in h2h money leagues

jumper

Postby Infinite Jost » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:18 pm

this is the worst i've ever done and i'm miserable
i apologize for my mental breakdowns where i was benching all my players but i was already eliminated from contention anyway and i would in fact like to stay in the keeper league or any other league that is continuing

also don't lock waiver pickups, you snooze you lose

the consolation brackets are fun and give you something to do, if someone with no chance to win grabs a hot pickup while you're after the championship then you blew it

especially in the keeper league when it's a good idea to pick up OFS players who were dropped who you might want to grab for next season

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 pm

the john wall injury basically destroyed my keeper league team completely
i'm not sure it would have made a difference if i still had paul
honestly i think mcgee getting pneumonia made the worst impact...imagine if he was playing like this all season

Infinite Jost

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 pm

fwiw I think the waiver wire was locked in the keeper league after playoff elimination.

delgriffith

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 pm

I might have no keepers for next season :rixx:

delgriffith

Postby Infinite Jost » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:21 pm

i'm 100% keeping Javale and nobody else

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Also del I apologize for goofing on you for dropping MBIII for Vonleh in the roto league

because I did the same thing when he was hurt and then he came back and was basically massive in every category I needed to catch up on

i'm a huge dipshit!
we all are in the end

Infinite Jost

Postby the_village » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:34 pm

delgriffith wrote:I might have no keepers for next season :rixx:

With the Oladipo and Nurk injuries there's a good chance I'm only keeping Boogie next season.

Will have to think long and hard if Harden is worth $71 in a league that's willing to pay $72 for Jokic.

the_village

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Infinite Jost wrote:Also del I apologize for goofing on you for dropping MBIII for Vonleh in the roto league

because I did the same thing when he was hurt and then he came back and was basically massive in every category I needed to catch up on

i'm a huge dipshit!
we all are in the end

Ahaha yeah you were right to goof on me! We fucked up!

delgriffith

Postby Lucky » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:16 pm

I have this lot to choose from:

Covington $19
Trae $16
Lonzo $16
Donny $14
Markkanen $11
Brogdon $8
and then Forbes, Kurucs, Bryant, Trier, Kennard, Malik Beasley were all $5 flyers, but most of them have just had hot streaks before regressing soo... Forbes looks the best but Dejounte will be coming back

Hoping for another top ten finish next year!
Last edited by Lucky on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Lucky

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:16 pm

delgriffith wrote:fwiw I think the waiver wire was locked in the keeper league after playoff elimination.

there were some things I wanted to put to a vote prior to the league year:
- not locking teams after elimination
- 2nd IR spot
- expansion to 14 teams (2 new owners!)
- reducing time to reject pending trades to 1 day because unless there is collusion, no trades really get rejected

if anyone has other suggestions, I am open to them.
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby cam'ron hubbard » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:25 pm

my keepers will probably be as follows:
john collins - $11
MPJ - $5
buddy - $14
maybe derrick white for $8 depending on how dejounte looks.
maybe paul george for $47
Mild High Basketball

cam'ron hubbard
ok

Postby crams » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Came up short in my money league after Love, Lamb, Mirotic, Middleton, Davis, RIchardson, Siakam and Gallinari all missed time in the final week and I had used my last pickup on Kanter. Looking to make up for it by winning the roto league. I'd also be happy to take on a team in any of the H2H leagues next season.

crams

Postby delgriffith » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:34 pm

I promise I'll put some work in to try to figure out consolidation/kicking out inactive people in Leagues 1 and 2 for next year. Quote me on this so that in early October I'm on it :lol:

delgriffith

Postby nghiem » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:00 pm

nakedlunch wrote:
nghiem wrote:Shout out to Gallo, Montrezl, and Deangelo being my rocks all season. I wasn't entirely confident in my draft but some later season pickups (Cousins, Mitch Rob, SGA) proved to be deciding factors. Definitely played the waiver wired hard during playoffs and got some lucky gems. Cheers HPN league #1!

brutal lost for ghost of scalabrine

you beat me 5-4 and I was under in points by 11 :(

you had some masterful waiver wire action down the line. I kept meaning to try to get more starts in towards the end of the week but it kept slipping my mind.

Good season everyone

Bruuuuh the Middleton and Giannis looming DNPs were keeping me up at night. I did what I could to maximize all my Games Played throughout the week and just barely squeaked it out with points. Next year, you got my number ;)

delgriffith wrote:I promise I'll put some work in to try to figure out consolidation/kicking out inactive people in Leagues 1 and 2 for next year. Quote me on this so that in early October I'm on it :lol:

Quote me on that too. I haven't posted enough on the board during the season as much as I should. You guys always bring the heat and are much more entertaining than Rotoworld forums :lol:. It would be good to introduce new teams if anyone wants to opt out.

I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on moving next year's fantasy playoffs to a week earlier. I read that Yahoo is allowing that starting next year. One thing that felt especially bad this year were the DNPs and this would go a little way towards diminishing that effect.

nghiem

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....