Finally getting into arguing about Chapo Trap House

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Image

I have nothing against the podcast, but this is kind of hilarious to me. Every internet personality who gets a book deal ends up with the same aesthetic; it could be a new Maddox book.
Last edited by shankly on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shankly
 
Posts: 6826
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Postby draw » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm

I think publishers force you to have covers like this.
User avatar

draw
 
Posts: 6704
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 pm
Location: THE ILL MIND OF ELTON

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm

oooooof
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar

bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 72941
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Malaise (Live Acoustic)

Postby john plainman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm

those duckin chuds
User avatar

john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?
 
Posts: 9081
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Image
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar

bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 72941
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Malaise (Live Acoustic)

Postby Eyeball Kid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:50 pm

draw wrote:I think publishers force you to have covers like this.

That "flat" look translates well on Kindle/Nook/etc
User avatar

Eyeball Kid
 
Posts: 33539
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Postby separator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Gonna steal it from the library.
User avatar

separator
 
Posts: 28205
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:22 pm

Postby walt whitman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:54 pm

i cant imagine translating well to the page
“Short film, Long film, It’s ALL film!” - Walt Whitman
User avatar

walt whitman
 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: pitt

Postby blab » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm not going to buy this
User avatar

blab
 
Posts: 12599
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 pm
Location: <3

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm

hard pass
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
User avatar

ecto
 
Posts: 32342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm

bongo wrote:Image

i would probably rather read a book by stav, yeah.
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
User avatar

ecto
 
Posts: 32342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Postby Daft Pun » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:57 pm

what's chapo?
A I R
User avatar

Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:05 am

Postby blab » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Daft Pun wrote:what's chapo?


Left Twitter recap pod with occasional interviews

edit: this post is reductive
User avatar

blab
 
Posts: 12599
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:09 pm
Location: <3

Postby haddonfield » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 pm

woof. i still listen to this show occasionally but they're sort of turning into the same kind of total cornballs they make fun of
User avatar

haddonfield
 
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:22 pm

Postby draw » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 pm

I think it's cool when people create things, especially if they're critics by trade. 'Bout time they produced something of their own!
User avatar

draw
 
Posts: 6704
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 pm
Location: THE ILL MIND OF ELTON

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 pm

stav
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar

bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 72941
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Malaise (Live Acoustic)

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:40 pm

haddonfield wrote:woof. i still listen to this show occasionally but they're sort of turning into the same kind of total cornballs they make fun of


The creators of the cult-hit podcast Chapo Trap House deliver a manifesto for everyone who feels orphaned and alienated—politically, culturally, and economically—by the bloodless Wall Street centrism of the Democrats and the lizard-brained atavism of the right: there is a better way, the Chapo Way.

In a manifesto that renders all previous attempts at political satire obsolete, The Chapo Guide to Revolution shows you that you don’t have to side with either the pear-shaped vampires of the right or the craven, lanyard-wearing wonks of contemporary liberalism. These self-described “assholes from the internet” offer a fully ironic ideology for all who feel politically hopeless and prefer broadsides and tirades to reasoned debate.

Learn the “secret” history of the world, politics, media, and everything in-between that THEY don’t want you to know and chart a course from our wretched present to a utopian future where one can post in the morning, game in the afternoon, and podcast after dinner without ever becoming a poster, gamer, or podcaster.

The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed). If you’re a fan of sacred cows, prisoners being taken, and bars being held, then this book is NOT for you. However, if you feel disenfranchised from the political and cultural nightmare we’re in, then Chapo, let’s go...


housesitter said the bolded part reads like an ad for joe rogan's podcast and it's so dead on
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
User avatar

ecto
 
Posts: 32342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

hjow is chapo so relentlessly bad
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar

bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 72941
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Malaise (Live Acoustic)

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

thinking about it, a pod where bongo descries his latest hobbies/weird teas/bearded men and stav reacts would be all i'd ever listen to
Gnome Sane
User avatar

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 am

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm

i think it started going off the rails once they started clearing ~$30k a month
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
User avatar

ecto
 
Posts: 32342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 pm

someone needs to rescue christman, he deserves better than this
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen
User avatar

ecto
 
Posts: 32342
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Postby Klint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:46 pm

I still listen to Chapo and it's been very boring and bad lately. They actually joked about the book causing a decline in the quality of the show. I pretty much just want a podcast of Matt talking about 80's movies and how they relate to our modern political moment. I'm not going to read or buy that fucking book, though.
mites wrote:going back to ruining my life with drugs and drink and listening to public image ltd
User avatar

Klint
 
Posts: 18256
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Postby Klint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:46 pm

dbl
mites wrote:going back to ruining my life with drugs and drink and listening to public image ltd
User avatar

Klint
 
Posts: 18256
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

ecto wrote:
haddonfield wrote:woof. i still listen to this show occasionally but they're sort of turning into the same kind of total cornballs they make fun of


The creators of the cult-hit podcast Chapo Trap House deliver a manifesto for everyone who feels orphaned and alienated—politically, culturally, and economically—by the bloodless Wall Street centrism of the Democrats and the lizard-brained atavism of the right: there is a better way, the Chapo Way.

In a manifesto that renders all previous attempts at political satire obsolete, The Chapo Guide to Revolution shows you that you don’t have to side with either the pear-shaped vampires of the right or the craven, lanyard-wearing wonks of contemporary liberalism. These self-described “assholes from the internet” offer a fully ironic ideology for all who feel politically hopeless and prefer broadsides and tirades to reasoned debate.

Learn the “secret” history of the world, politics, media, and everything in-between that THEY don’t want you to know and chart a course from our wretched present to a utopian future where one can post in the morning, game in the afternoon, and podcast after dinner without ever becoming a poster, gamer, or podcaster.

The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed). If you’re a fan of sacred cows, prisoners being taken, and bars being held, then this book is NOT for you. However, if you feel disenfranchised from the political and cultural nightmare we’re in, then Chapo, let’s go...


housesitter said the bolded part reads like an ad for joe rogan's podcast and it's so dead on


Yeesh, yeah I listen to Chapo and think it's fine if you don't put too much into it, but this:

The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed)


Really just makes it sound like Mad Magazine
User avatar

rich uncle skeleton
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 am
Location: Brooklyn

Postby gambra » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm

The chapo sub are shitting on the cover it, its awful. Same with the promo copy. Not sure why this needs to exist tbh, almost all political comedy books are awful aside from The Onion's Our Dumb Century and the first Colbert book.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
User avatar

gambra
 
Posts: 23315
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 am
Location: D12, Ireland

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:50 pm

next time i see my mum i'm gonna do some owns on her about the generic covers and blurbs the publishers make her have
Gnome Sane
User avatar

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 am

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm

rich uncle skeleton wrote:
The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed)



how do you guyts like this show
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life
User avatar

bongo
man in hammock
 
Posts: 72941
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Malaise (Live Acoustic)

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:52 pm

it's entertaining pretty often
Gnome Sane
User avatar

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 am

Postby domesticwhite » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:55 pm

idk, this show has definitely become The Daily Show (just like they predicted it would be).

would not buy that book.
User avatar

domesticwhite
 
Posts: 2000
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:34 pm
Location: chicago, il

Postby mystery meat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

show is good, they do good riffs, i don't take it that seriously tho, who cares about this book
User avatar

mystery meat
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:47 am
Location: paid to shit

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acapelli, AdamThomas, Albatross, Annie May, auspice, Bartatua, brentwurst, Buddy Glass, can't, Celiac, clownwig, Cone, CudNylon, dan, deer, en svensk tiger, Eyeball Kid, Feech La Manna, FourLegsGood, Frank, futurist, gentle weather, grammatron, Grumby, guidance, hazel, helix krull, hiddenicon, Hideaway Lights, i am rich, iambic, Jackalope, jalapeño ranch, jewels, jon, Kaputt, LaAbeja, Lake, landspeedrecord, lightfoot, loaf angel, Lowercase Tea, M. Piedlourde, manvstrees, mcwop23, Meeps, mego, MikeS, Mister Modular, mooncalf, moses, mynamerocks, NegativeCapability, nocents, number none, OKterrific, Oranges, Organic Croutons, Phil, pinkerton, pope3, port, Pris, rankoutsider, rei, Robert, sassafras socks, scurrydog, sevenarts, sideshow raheem, Slay Da Pink Fleshy Beast, son of chucky, spaghetti legs, Tar Pit, tgk, That Demon Life, The Producer, tornhand, trampoline, unsandpiper, worrywort, You're a jerk.