Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby shankly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm

I have nothing against the podcast, but this is kind of hilarious to me. Every internet personality who gets a book deal ends up with the same aesthetic; it could be a new Maddox book.
Last edited by shankly on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shankly

Postby draw » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:48 pm

I think publishers force you to have covers like this.

draw

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm

oooooof
yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby john plainman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 pm

those duckin chuds

john plainman
Hello? Hello? Anybody home?

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:50 pm

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa american nostalgia love it suburban living civilized families this could be my life

bongo
man in hammock

Postby Eyeball Kid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:50 pm

draw wrote:I think publishers force you to have covers like this.

That "flat" look translates well on Kindle/Nook/etc

Eyeball Kid

Postby separator » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:52 pm

Gonna steal it from the library.

separator

Postby walt whitman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:54 pm

i cant imagine translating well to the page
“Short film, Long film, It’s ALL film!” - Walt Whitman

walt whitman

Postby blab » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm not going to buy this

blab

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm

hard pass
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm

bongo wrote:Image

i would probably rather read a book by stav, yeah.
I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)

ecto

Postby Daft Pun » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:57 pm

what's chapo?
A I R

Daft Pun
i'm ill not sicc

Postby blab » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Daft Pun wrote:what's chapo?

Left Twitter recap pod with occasional interviews

edit: this post is reductive

blab

Postby haddonfield » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 pm

woof. i still listen to this show occasionally but they're sort of turning into the same kind of total cornballs they make fun of

haddonfield

Postby draw » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:18 pm

I think it's cool when people create things, especially if they're critics by trade. 'Bout time they produced something of their own!

draw

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:35 pm

stav

bongo
man in hammock

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:40 pm

haddonfield wrote:woof. i still listen to this show occasionally but they're sort of turning into the same kind of total cornballs they make fun of

The creators of the cult-hit podcast Chapo Trap House deliver a manifesto for everyone who feels orphaned and alienated—politically, culturally, and economically—by the bloodless Wall Street centrism of the Democrats and the lizard-brained atavism of the right: there is a better way, the Chapo Way.

In a manifesto that renders all previous attempts at political satire obsolete, The Chapo Guide to Revolution shows you that you don’t have to side with either the pear-shaped vampires of the right or the craven, lanyard-wearing wonks of contemporary liberalism. These self-described “assholes from the internet” offer a fully ironic ideology for all who feel politically hopeless and prefer broadsides and tirades to reasoned debate.

Learn the “secret” history of the world, politics, media, and everything in-between that THEY don’t want you to know and chart a course from our wretched present to a utopian future where one can post in the morning, game in the afternoon, and podcast after dinner without ever becoming a poster, gamer, or podcaster.

The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed). If you’re a fan of sacred cows, prisoners being taken, and bars being held, then this book is NOT for you. However, if you feel disenfranchised from the political and cultural nightmare we’re in, then Chapo, let’s go...

housesitter said the bolded part reads like an ad for joe rogan's podcast and it's so dead on

ecto

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

hjow is chapo so relentlessly bad

bongo
man in hammock

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

thinking about it, a pod where bongo descries his latest hobbies/weird teas/bearded men and stav reacts would be all i'd ever listen to
Gnome Sane

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:43 pm

i think it started going off the rails once they started clearing ~$30k a month

ecto

Postby ecto » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:44 pm

someone needs to rescue christman, he deserves better than this

ecto

Postby Klint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:46 pm

I still listen to Chapo and it's been very boring and bad lately. They actually joked about the book causing a decline in the quality of the show. I pretty much just want a podcast of Matt talking about 80's movies and how they relate to our modern political moment. I'm not going to read or buy that fucking book, though.
mites wrote:going back to ruining my life with drugs and drink and listening to public image ltd

Klint

Postby Klint » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:46 pm

dbl
mites wrote:going back to ruining my life with drugs and drink and listening to public image ltd

Klint

Postby rich uncle skeleton » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:47 pm

ecto wrote:
haddonfield wrote:woof. i still listen to this show occasionally but they're sort of turning into the same kind of total cornballs they make fun of

The creators of the cult-hit podcast Chapo Trap House deliver a manifesto for everyone who feels orphaned and alienated—politically, culturally, and economically—by the bloodless Wall Street centrism of the Democrats and the lizard-brained atavism of the right: there is a better way, the Chapo Way.

In a manifesto that renders all previous attempts at political satire obsolete, The Chapo Guide to Revolution shows you that you don’t have to side with either the pear-shaped vampires of the right or the craven, lanyard-wearing wonks of contemporary liberalism. These self-described “assholes from the internet” offer a fully ironic ideology for all who feel politically hopeless and prefer broadsides and tirades to reasoned debate.

Learn the “secret” history of the world, politics, media, and everything in-between that THEY don’t want you to know and chart a course from our wretched present to a utopian future where one can post in the morning, game in the afternoon, and podcast after dinner without ever becoming a poster, gamer, or podcaster.

The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed). If you’re a fan of sacred cows, prisoners being taken, and bars being held, then this book is NOT for you. However, if you feel disenfranchised from the political and cultural nightmare we’re in, then Chapo, let’s go...

housesitter said the bolded part reads like an ad for joe rogan's podcast and it's so dead on

Yeesh, yeah I listen to Chapo and think it's fine if you don't put too much into it, but this:

The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed)

Really just makes it sound like Mad Magazine

rich uncle skeleton

Postby gambra » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm

The chapo sub are shitting on the cover it, its awful. Same with the promo copy. Not sure why this needs to exist tbh, almost all political comedy books are awful aside from The Onion's Our Dumb Century and the first Colbert book.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:50 pm

next time i see my mum i'm gonna do some owns on her about the generic covers and blurbs the publishers make her have
Gnome Sane

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel

Postby bongo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm

rich uncle skeleton wrote:
The Chapo Guide to Revolution features illustrated taxonomies of contemporary liberal and conservative characters, biographies of important thought leaders, “never before seen” drafts of Aaron Sorkin’s Newsroom manga, and the ten new laws that govern Chapo Year Zero (everyone gets a dog, billionaires are turned into Soylent, and logic is outlawed)

how do you guyts like this show

bongo
man in hammock

Postby Prof. Horatio Hufnagel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:52 pm

it's entertaining pretty often
Gnome Sane

Prof. Horatio Hufnagel

Postby domesticwhite » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:55 pm

idk, this show has definitely become The Daily Show (just like they predicted it would be).

would not buy that book.

domesticwhite

Postby mystery meat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 pm

show is good, they do good riffs, i don't take it that seriously tho, who cares about this book

mystery meat

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....