Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Feech La Manna » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 pm

Based on reverse image search it appears to be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alla_Pugacheva
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby galactagogue » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:05 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:

Did A*mee send her her word a day calendar

my guess is someone used the word against her and she wanted to pair it w a depression joke about extended release meds?
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby angel eyes » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:55 pm

the last two red scare episodes (patreon and free) have been among their best ever :twisted: "karen about the news" about the sadism of the culture of filming videos of people and putting them online, and "ok groomer" about the moral panic of age gap relationships

https://redscarepodcast.libsyn.com/ok-groomer

angel eyes

Postby angel eyes » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:00 pm

i love this evil podcast so much, they keep me sane when culture has gone MAD

angel eyes

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:51 am

fucking dying at the "what's next... Fat Albert?" Speak Your Piece on this week's Trillbillies

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby galactagogue » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:12 pm

ahaha yea
Bob511 wrote:It's important to remember, though, that California has more psychologists than any other state.

galactagogue

Postby antoine » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:15 pm

The newest This Is Sus about Billions was pretty dismal.

antoine

Postby shirts optional » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 pm

none of the This Is Sus are good

the trueanon about the canadian shooting is indeed wild, i didn't know anything about it

shirts optional

Postby Feech La Manna » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:50 pm

hell yeah Wallace Shawn

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby mcwop23 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:35 pm

the oz one was good, but i have also seen oz which helped
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby antoine » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:13 pm

Feech La Manna wrote:hell yeah Wallace Shawn

Lol. He seems like a sweet man but he seemed rather confused about why he was on this podcast or what he was trying to say.

antoine

Postby Buddy Glass » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:30 pm

mcwop23 wrote:the oz one was good, but i have also seen oz which helped

Yeah, this is the only one that was worth the effort for me. If he would do more terrible vintage HBO shows like Arliss and The Mind of a Married Man it would be a pretty good segment. I have no idea what the contemporary stuff is.
What became of her? She lived, as she liked to say, off the kindness of gentlemen. I assume she’s dead.

Buddy Glass

Postby Skerple » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:36 pm

auspice wrote:
garbiel wrote:mde was genuinely funny to me

their Adult Swim show was probably the most 50/50 thing I've ever watched, constantly going back and forth between laughing and groaning

the Tap sketch still gets me

this shit sucked ass, none of it was funny, they had sketches where they pretended to be welfare queens, it was the most regressive thing i've ever seen on television
Skerple

Postby black sandwich » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 pm

shirts optional wrote:the trueanon about the canadian shooting is indeed wild, i didn't know anything about it

my friend andrew was the guest and he did a great job. he's also in a cool band - https://muun.bandcamp.com/album/moon-2

black sandwich

Postby auspice » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:28 am

Skerple wrote:
auspice wrote:
garbiel wrote:mde was genuinely funny to me

their Adult Swim show was probably the most 50/50 thing I've ever watched, constantly going back and forth between laughing and groaning

the Tap sketch still gets me

this shit sucked ass, none of it was funny, they had sketches where they pretended to be welfare queens, it was the most regressive thing i've ever seen on television

there were outlandishly bad moments (hence the groaning) but some moments where they managed to pull off cohesive ideas that were funny. i think Sam's biggest weakness (excluding his obvious bigotry) is his inability to tackle his ideas through a more professional lens and actually string stuff together into a polished format - it may have worked for his initial youtube stuff but he wasn't necessarily "ready for primetime" and that showed often in this show, although the ratings did exceed Eric Andre's first season so who knows

auspice

Postby MikeyJ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:14 am

galactagogue wrote:
Feech La Manna wrote:

Did A*mee send her her word a day calendar

my guess is someone used the word against her and she wanted to pair it w a depression joke about extended release meds?

I love these style idiotic posts that hinge on single, really smart word. "totalizing" can do a lot of work in a jam
Do you think anyone but the most pretentious aristocrats could have felt that way before we trapped music in vinyl? I doubt it.

MikeyJ

Postby Buddy Glass » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:42 pm

Reddit deleted the chapotraphouse subreddit
What became of her? She lived, as she liked to say, off the kindness of gentlemen. I assume she’s dead.

Buddy Glass

Postby quilty » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:45 pm

does that make this the freest thread on the internet

quilty
ok

Postby gambra » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 pm

They finally came for it. It had been quarantined for ages with no sign of it being lifted. Sucks because it was by far the best place for me as a clearing house of news/Twitter stuff.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra

gambra

Postby antoine » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:48 pm

listened to the boat one just now. man virgil is either deeply depressed or completely checked out of this whole thing.

antoine

Postby antoine » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:54 pm

Or maybe he's been blackpilled

antoine

Postby Self Destructive Zone » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:19 pm

I dunno. Virgil’s critique of a potential Michelle Obama VP pick “she tried to give my room son a carrot so that he would be more pleasing to the eye!” Made me laugh.
giant screens with skies exploding/thumping bass and power chords/we got a preacher if you're listening/he'll play his guitar if you're bored

Self Destructive Zone

Postby mcwop23 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:21 pm

i feel like virgil has seemed reinvigorated

maybe he just needed the break

maybe he’s overcompensating for missing so much time
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die

mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby auspice » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:28 pm

chapo getting the boot on reddit is exactly why you just gotta let the shitty communities on these platforms be

when any platform like reddit tries to meet demands of deleting/banning problematic people/groups on their platform, they have to justify it by applying the same treatment across the board in recognition of both political sides of the aisle. it was the same shit with Carlos Maza & Steven Crowder, everyone knows Crowder sucks ass and is toxic but he technically wasn't violating any of YouTube's policies since he wasn't literally telling his followers to harass Carlos. so in order for youtube to bring some kind of consequence down on the channel, they had to implement tougher rules to their policy that ultimately impacted a lot of people who weren't doing anything wrong but were nevertheless being politically expressive.

auspice

Postby endless dave » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm

What a weird takeaway from the Crowder thing

endless dave

Postby cool party » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:08 pm

without getting into the crowder thing, which i know little about, it is true though that slippery slope has historically proven itself a valid argument on free speech issues. chomsky makes the same argument auspice makes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSTsdkbQEeA&feature=youtu.be&t=19m30s

regardless of what courts want to say, on a practical level the tech companies have such a monopoly on discourse that they operate as public forums. i don't get how it's woke to beg and trust capitalists to be our censors

i could be missing something, but i don't even see where reddit cited examples from the chapo sub of which posts specifically violated the rules. it seems anti-democratic and politically ineffective to me that the response to someone saying something you don't like is just to report them to the censors. you are betting that you are going to be better at it than the other side, and that is not a good bet to make in America
cool party

Postby sympathy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Auspice loves steven crowder change my mind

sympathy
ok

Postby echo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:24 pm

cool party wrote:without getting into the crowder thing, which i know little about, it is true though that slippery slope has historically proven itself a valid argument on free speech issues.

not all speech is hate speech lol

echo

Postby Cronos » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:34 pm

sympathy wrote:Auspice loves steven crowder change my mind

no you have a right to your hipinions and i will be banned before Nathan sells the board to Hulk Hogan

Cronos

Postby garbiel » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:27 am

better to just destroy social media and force everyone back on to bbc forums imo

unless everyone moves to Mastadon or something
Sissy Spacerock wrote:IRL will only be inhabited by those of us who have learned to derive pleasure in suffering

garbiel

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....