You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby jordana » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 pm

All of them.
jordana

Postby jordana » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 pm

White people thinking it's cool to use AAVE in memes or internet-speak in general annoys me.
jordana

Postby WussWayne » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:38 am

jordana wrote:White people thinking it's cool to use AAVE in memes or internet-speak in general annoys me.

I have a philosophical conundrum for you. Can I use AAVE over the internet if I'm black but not american? It feels a bit contrived when I do it tbh
don't drink. smoke weed instead
take effexor morning, mirtazapine at night religiously
get enough sleep
wake up, shower, have breakfast, make coffee, pack lunch, go.
use your planner then prep

fix your bike
see therapist
put yourself out there, forge healthy beneficial relationships but chill

WussWayne

Postby warmjets » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:35 am

"don't @ me"

Good one, loser

warmjets

Postby goofy's dead wife » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:45 am

Buddy Knox wrote:"Joker's trick" is fast approaching eye-gouge territory.

i think realizing i'm incapable of laughing at this or any variant on was the moment when i realized i'd probably never enjoy memes again
"I want to have a wedding that's shunned by society. I want to have a baby everyone disapproves of. I want to get nastier and nastier. I love that he accepts everything about me, no matter how far I stray off the proper path of a human being"

goofy's dead wife

Postby Oranges » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 am

This thread has a strong “hey you kids get off my lawn” vibe

Oranges

Postby Ferrous Bueller » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:20 am

well they really shouldn't be standing on it
Ferrous Bueller

Postby draw » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:27 am

Are kids really saying this stuff? I thought it was mostly unfunny millennials

draw

Postby easy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 am

jordana wrote:White people thinking it's cool to use AAVE in memes or internet-speak in general annoys me.

it blows my mind how rampant this is

easy
does it

Postby easy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:33 am

social media/audience outreach folks making instagram stories in AAVE to sell instant pots on amazon

easy
does it

Postby alaska » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:18 am

easy wrote:

yeah in particular the way "woke" was appropriated and abused to the extent that it has become shorthand for a kind of excessive performance of white-coded Sociopolitical Awareness rly bums me out

this one is a weird fixation for me bc i love waking/sleeping metaphors and when i first started seeing/hearing "woke" in its original context i thought it was so cool and lovely. this process obviously happens over and over ("fam", etc.) but it's gross as shit and i feel like it's often enacted by people i feel should know better
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool

alaska

Postby dr. badvibes » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:24 am

alaska wrote:
easy wrote:

yeah in particular the way "woke" was appropriated and abused to the extent that it has become shorthand for a kind of excessive performance of white-coded Sociopolitical Awareness rly bums me out

this one is a weird fixation for me bc i love waking/sleeping metaphors and when i first started seeing/hearing "woke" in its original context i thought it was so cool and lovely. this process obviously happens over and over ("fam", etc.) but it's gross as shit and i feel like it's often enacted by people i feel should know better

is part of the problem with this specific one there being no synonym for the word? at least i personally know of no other single word that contains a similar meaning, so sometimes i have to say woke instead of stringing together a long description label that i'm not even confident covers everything i'd want it to ("intellectually engaged with certain social and political issues important to the moment and sometimes evangelical about them" or whatever)

dr. badvibes

Postby alaska » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:26 am

oh i sometimes use it like that too for sure. it fills an absolutely real niche and at this point it probably doesnt matter or whatever. i also don't knwo what i'm talking about at all. the whol ething seems just sort of exemplary to me
mactheo wrote:

alaska

Postby spix et chicho » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am

indignant AAVE "Y'all really" tweets from white #stillwithher folks are the worst of that
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby goofy's dead wife » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am

i was initially pretty grossed out by how 'woke' was used but it's become so commonplace it's hard to ascribe any one meaning to it based on how people use it so ultimately i feel like it's usage depends on context, like most things that become as popular as it does i guess
"I want to have a wedding that's shunned by society. I want to have a baby everyone disapproves of. I want to get nastier and nastier. I love that he accepts everything about me, no matter how far I stray off the proper path of a human being"

goofy's dead wife

Postby alaska » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:32 am

upon further reflection you can probably just replace all my posts in threads like this with "i hate twitter"
mactheo wrote:

alaska

Postby Ides of Smarch » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:52 am

Ides of Smarch

Postby draw » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:54 am

One of the unholiest sentences ever written

draw

Postby guy forget » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 pm

Jesus
VHGisdead wrote:speaking of deemster vape pens

guy forget

Postby Durham » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:09 pm

You know what she’s right

Durham

Postby dvr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm

I blissfully don't know what half the stuff on this page is, sucks for you guys!

dvr

Postby Avalanche Lily » Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:44 pm

I can't stand mbrands that add weird suffixes to things. Like Mashable, shareabley, Thinkly, thinkable, etc.
Avalanche Lily

Postby Ersaph » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:45 pm

dr. badvibes wrote:
alaska wrote:
easy wrote:

is part of the problem with this specific one there being no synonym for the word? at least i personally know of no other single word that contains a similar meaning, so sometimes i have to say woke instead of stringing together a long description label that i'm not even confident covers everything i'd want it to ("intellectually engaged with certain social and political issues important to the moment and sometimes evangelical about them" or whatever)

This is literally my beef with forest design
And I feel like this year is really about, just the year of realizing stuff.

Ersaph

Postby Oranges » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Ok well
In white Twitter stillwithher context nothing is good

Oranges

Postby Rumpleforeskin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:40 pm

Chicken Tendies is having a moment rn and it's making me way more upset than it should.

also "having a moment"

Rumpleforeskin

Postby pana » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:41 am

no one:

literally no one:

pana: how is this thing still going strong over a year later, making less sense than ever?

pana

Postby Shalabi » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:27 am

"i'm gonna say it!" (in reference to the n-word) is having a moment. thanks, i hate it.

Shalabi

Postby bruceagain » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:31 am

hmm
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby Autarch » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:51 pm

this—and I cannot stress this enough—thing

Autarch

Postby Buddy Knox » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:00 pm

On any YouTube tangentially related to Japan or Japanese language/culture you will find 10,000 comments that are "Top 10 anime fights of all time."

Buddy Knox

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....