STAR WARS TROS/Mando Thread: Iger: Less Reylo, More Mando

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:20 am

Yeah, but Old Man Wedge in a vintage T-65 saving Poe's ass in a dogfightToggle Spoiler is the kind of reference that doesn't bug me.

(I don't know if that actually happens.)
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:42 am

It damn well better happen.

Of course JJ couldn't leave well enough alone using b-reel footage of Leia from TFA. It was inevitable.

TFA: Here's Why You Liked Star Wars
TLJ: Could Star Wars Be About Something Else
TROS: Remember When You Liked Star Wars?
User avatar

Smiling Penner-Lite
 
Posts: 6757
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:55 am

Smiling Penner-Lite wrote:It damn well better happen.


Assuming that the final act involves a big space battle, nothing would please me more than seeing Wedge and Hobbie and Tycho hopping in from hyperspace to get a piece of the action.Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Lowercase Tea » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:18 am

reversemigraine wrote:
Smiling Penner-Lite wrote:It damn well better happen.


Assuming that the final act involves a big space battle, nothing would please me more than seeing Wedge and Hobbie and Tycho hopping in from hyperspace to get a piece of the action.Toggle Spoiler


It's dumb as all hell but I would get very emotional over hearing "Rogue Leader" in a Star Wars movie again.Toggle Spoiler
Lowercase Tea
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:23 am

man JJ really did reboot return of the jedi with this, huh (i didn't read all the spoilers just skimmed)
i hope (not actually) we get a variation of "REY, I AM YOUR GREAT GRANDFATHER" from sidious
also has there been confirmation that it's ian mcdiarmid in this thing?
Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

OLD SAINT RIXX
 
Posts: 11113
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: nonchalant

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:25 am

RIXX wrote:man JJ really did reboot return of the jedi with this, huh (i didn't read all the spoilers just skimmed)
i hope (not actually) we get a variation of "REY, I AM YOUR GREAT GRANDFATHER" from sidious
also has there been confirmation that it's ian mcdiarmid in this thing?
Toggle Spoiler


Not officially -- I think JJ may have said something about it in passing in an interview at one of the cons, though.

MSW's trailer description makes it sound like they're putting him front and center in the previews.
Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:27 am

Also, now that it seems like the rumor about Palpatine hopping into one of the Knights of Ren has fallen by the wayside, I'm wondering if Matt Smith is simply going to be the de-aged Palpatine in the final act.Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Poptone » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:30 am

Ted Pikul wrote:
reversemigraine wrote:Oh, I missed this.

Denis Lawson IS Wedge Antilles.Toggle Spoiler


hell yes



:shock:
User avatar

Poptone
cat fan
 
Posts: 22165
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm
Location: Heard about Pittsburgh, PA?

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:42 am

Lawson lookin' good at the Christopher Robin premiere:

Image

And apparently Hobbie works the convention circuit:

Image

Get this one thing right, JJ!
Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

Throw Bill Nighy in an A-Wing and call him Tycho and be done with it.Toggle Spoiler
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:54 am

I look a little like Ewan except he has glorious hair and somehow he has no grey hair in his beard. Damn you, McGregor.
User avatar

Smiling Penner-Lite
 
Posts: 6757
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:02 pm

that plot summary is so, so bad.

there's a small handful of moments where it seems like it's on the verge of doing something interesting, but each time it instantly gets walked back and turns into "HEY REMEMBER WHEN THIS HAPPENED IN THE OTHER MOVIES? EAT IT UP YOU DUMB PIGS"
User avatar

light rail coyote
 
Posts: 10290
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Postby Amblin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:02 pm

yeah, sounds awesome
User avatar

Amblin
 
Posts: 52125
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: CA

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:12 pm

did you watch the jurassic world short film?
User avatar

light rail coyote
 
Posts: 10290
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Postby Amblin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:23 pm

yeah, it was not bad
User avatar

Amblin
 
Posts: 52125
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: CA

Postby Amblin » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:27 pm

you guys will like the mandalorian so much that you won't care what episode ix is like

i promise
User avatar

Amblin
 
Posts: 52125
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:08 pm
Location: CA

Postby deadbass » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:32 pm

If you told 15 year old me that the lowest point of me caring about Star Wars was 2 months before Episode IX came out, I would... not believe you.
User avatar

deadbass
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Amblin wrote:yeah, it was not bad


yeah if the new movie is all stuff like that and not too plotty i might be on board
User avatar

light rail coyote
 
Posts: 10290
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:35 pm

deadbass wrote:If you told 15 year old me that the lowest point of me caring about Star Wars was 2 months before Episode IX came out, I would... not believe you.


If you told 15 year old me how bad The Phantom Menace was going to be I wouldn't have believed you. I remember camping out for that show, in lovely West Edmonton Mall :lol:

Remember lining up for tickets?
User avatar

Smiling Penner-Lite
 
Posts: 6757
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Postby Grey Poupon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:30 pm

I'm avoiding the heck out of spoilers right now but if this is Star Wars Jurassic world I'm gonna be so bummed
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
User avatar

Grey Poupon
 
Posts: 21653
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 am
Location: so doggone free

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:09 pm

Grey Poupon wrote:I'm avoiding the heck out of spoilers right now but if this is Star Wars Jurassic world I'm gonna be so bummed


Not gonna happen -- they sacked Trevorrow, remember?

This will be Star Wars Into Darkness.
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby light rail coyote » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:20 pm

star wars could use more dinosaurs.
User avatar

light rail coyote
 
Posts: 10290
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Postby Lowercase Tea » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:37 pm

reversemigraine wrote:
Grey Poupon wrote:I'm avoiding the heck out of spoilers right now but if this is Star Wars Jurassic world I'm gonna be so bummed


Not gonna happen -- they sacked Trevorrow, remember?

This will be Star Wars Into Darkness.


In all honesty there’s a good chance it’ll be worse than both of those.
Lowercase Tea
 
Posts: 4098
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:38 pm

.
User avatar

tgk
 
Posts: 42333
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby antoine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Trevorrow Never Dies
User avatar

antoine
 
Posts: 59664
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Lowercase Tea wrote:
reversemigraine wrote:
Grey Poupon wrote:I'm avoiding the heck out of spoilers right now but if this is Star Wars Jurassic world I'm gonna be so bummed


Not gonna happen -- they sacked Trevorrow, remember?

This will be Star Wars Into Darkness.


In all honesty there’s a good chance it’ll be worse than both of those.


i remember somene saying this will be JJ's TDKR and that seems v plausible and also sucks
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
User avatar

Rainbow Battle Kid
 
Posts: 16214
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Postby reversemigraine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:19 pm

reversemigraine wrote:This is gonna be Abrams's Dark Knight Rises: a movie he didn't particularly want to make or have an idea for.
User avatar

reversemigraine
 
Posts: 14127
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm

:(
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.
User avatar

Rainbow Battle Kid
 
Posts: 16214
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:38 pm

It'll probably kill off the idea to do trilogy style movies anymore
User avatar

tgk
 
Posts: 42333
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby Grey Poupon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:27 am

tgk wrote:It'll probably kill off the idea to do trilogy style movies anymore

Just gimme 90 minute one offs and 10 hour TV series
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH
User avatar

Grey Poupon
 
Posts: 21653
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 am
Location: so doggone free

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alice, Architecture, ashtrayheart, barbara_h, Barthes Starr, brittle, Casimir, Celiac, Christmas Ape, dan, Dennis Moore, douchechill, down with homework, draw, dylanclub, Eyeball Kid, fresh salad, Future, Geoff, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], goovis young, grayfox, Hal Jordan, hansibansix, hbb, hit record, HotFingersClub, inafoxhole, James Woods, Jerry Lundegaard, jewels, jon, lights, Lil Gugger, lordofdiapers, Magazine, Marza, Mister Modular, murderhorn, mynamerocks, Mynx Butticus, neta, Night porter, No Good Advice, number none, potentialgetawaydriver, Pris, quinine, Quixotic, rankoutsider, REAL BASED SLOB, Render, screaming emphysema, scurrydog, shizaam, Shotfrog, Skerple, Slaps, sushi x, the moon the moon, trampoline, truncated, virtuous, warmjets, Warrenandstimpy