Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:59 pm

kirito wrote:when did rey and poe meet in TLJ

5 second scene on the Falcon at the end

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 pm

Love that Deborah Chow references Hard Boiled with the baby scene in that NYT article.

And I guess the flying birds are kinda like doves :)

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby john plainman 2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:01 pm

kirito wrote:when did rey and poe meet in TLJ

apparently they meet in the official novelization for The Force Awakens after they blow up starkiller lol

Code: Select all
    Rey and Poe were not excluded [from the celebration], though their sudden, tight clinch of shared excitement led to a moment of mutual awkwardness. “Uh, hi,” the pilot mumbled. “I’m Poe.”

She nodded slowly, searching his face and finding that she liked it. “I recognize the name. So you’re Poe. Poe Dameron, the X-wing pilot. I’m Rey.”

“I know.” He smiled back, a little more at ease. “Nice to meet you.”

john plainman 2

Postby pzadvance » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:02 pm

if they cant ever take the helmet off im afraid im gonna need a scene that shows how these dudes eat

pzadvance

Postby guy forget » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:10 pm

also a long scene explaining their skin care regimen
VHGisdead wrote:speaking of deemster vape pens

guy forget

Postby guy forget » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:12 pm

jeet, no!

VHGisdead wrote:speaking of deemster vape pens

guy forget

Postby Milk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:13 pm

-That last scene is clearly a nod to Iron Man because Favreau. I have to say when he was climbing the sandcrawler in ep 2 i thought, would have been a lot easier if you had a jetpack like Boba. Then i figured well maybe it's Fett gear, but not standard mandalorian gear. Then when he gets surrounded in this ep i also thought, and again, jetpack? And then they showed up. Like let's face it, if you lived in a universe where jetpacks are a thing (yeah they kinda are in our reality but not functional like these) everyone would have one or at least, everyone who's a bounty hunter. It would be as standard as a horse in a western. But if they do get him one then it's also too much of an easy way out of a lot of situation so i don't expect he will get it. Definitely i'd always got the impression with the Fetts that it wasn't something you could use for real sustained flight but i guess i was wrong

-I immediately went COME OVER HERE like some dumb nerd when he used his hook line thing to get the stormtrooper.

-Probably the least obvious nod in this episode (at least that i caught, there's probably smaller ones i didn't) is that when he's outside the place where they're holding baby Yoda, on the wall you can see the same big metal pole thing that they use in a New Hope to try and stop the compactor from crushing them.

-The constant nods are a thing that has also annoyed me greatly with the whole Disney SW but subtle shit like that, not so much, it's more when they're redoing an exact scene but that's mostly been in the movies . At some point they in fact DO need to get it out of their system.

- the forging + flashback again seemed like a way to fill in a minute or two into the show. Like maybe let us see further in the flashback at least?. And we kinda did at the very end but i hope they don't replay us this shit one more time.
I must insist on being a pessimist, I'm a loner in a catastrophic mind

Milk

Postby loaf angel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:44 am

god this is so much fun. i thought the western shootout scene at the end was getting a little too frenetic with the laser blasts all over the screen, even the ha ha "jumping in the hitched wagon and git-gitting the robot like it was a horse" part was cool but the laser blasts do take up simultaneous space on the screen vs old timey rifle / pistol shots.
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:26 am

Is the bunny hunter breaks the guild rules and all the other hunters go after them a John Wick ref or is that an old trope from westerns or assassin films I wasn't attuned to?
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby loaf angel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:32 am

my understanding was that they had the fobs for baby yoda. once baby yoda was taken the bounty was reinstated. that's why Mando asked a few times prior to the rescue "how many people were given fobs"
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:35 am

ahhhh that makes sense
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby lordofdiapers » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:28 pm

Wooooooo this show is so good
Stuntman wrote:Does anyone remember Late Night Cheeseburger? That was my jam. Tasted like BO.

lordofdiapers
The Nappy King™

Postby pana » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:24 pm

lordofdiapers wrote:Wooooooo this show is so good

yeah. and i'm not the biggest star wars fan

pana

Postby Gutslab » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:47 pm

yeah this is great. i've watched very little star wars coming into it but still pretty enjoyable

Gutslab

Postby jack » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:13 pm

i was hooting and hollering when the esb ice cream maker made an appearance

jack

Postby kirito » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:28 pm

also 4lom was in this episode

kirito

Postby jubjub » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:00 am

are you guys joking
alaska wrote:what year is it at the end

jubjub

Postby shacky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:58 am

nope idk what the objection is really all the new movies are bad

the force awakens was fun with a 'let's see where this goes' asterisk but is pretty worthless to me now

shacky

Postby neck » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:03 am

i like all the new movies, but i don't think it's crazy to think mandalorian is better than any of them.

neck

Postby pana » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 am

yeah i'm a Mando + Rogue 1 person myself

pana

Postby hbb » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:19 am

Those two and TLJ are the cream of the crop

Basically the ones that do something new, I suppose
hbb

Postby shacky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:37 am

but apart from superficial things all the good things about mando are not things it has in common with rogue one (which is a heartless humourless characterless pointless incoherent stupid alien clusterfuck)

shacky

Postby shacky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:38 am

there's so many variations of crazy star war opiions u can have these days

shacky

Postby shacky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:40 am

the last jedi is truly a miraculous fuckup of a film and i say that with absolutely no positive connotation whatsoever

shacky

Postby odilon redon » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:54 am

i feel like batman begins was very obviously the template for this, but yeah it’s pretty good

odilon redon

Postby WHITEBOYWASTED » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:00 am

shacky wrote:but apart from superficial things all the good things about mando are not things it has in common with rogue one (which is a heartless humourless characterless pointless incoherent stupid alien clusterfuck)

yeah rogue one stoinks

Anyway, these mandos are doing like, religious cosplay, right? I'm pretty sure we've seen one of two canon on-screen mandalorians take off his helmet at the drop of a hat. dengar probably set up this school as a joke on his dumb dead digested buddy and it all got out of hand.

WHITEBOYWASTED

Postby john plainman 2 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:06 am

Yea, EU canon apparently has no precedent for Mandos keeping their helmets on but whatever.

john plainman 2

Postby Lowercase Tea » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:08 am

Architecture wrote:Mandolorian has been great so far. It's crazy to see all the EU fanboi shit on screen without too much attention called to it (e.g. vibroblades), and even the shit that's a bit too in-your-face (the door droid until the punchline in Chapter 3) isn't as flagrant as it was in TFA.

Really pleasantly surprised by this one

Yeah the key difference is these are somehow worked into the plot so it's part of the motion (how Mando gets in) vs something completely stupid (cutting to R2 and C3PO to say SCARIF!?!?!)
Lowercase Tea

Postby reversemigraine » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:22 am

A lot of what is now Official Mandalorian Canon was established in TCW and Rebels, and my big takeaway from that stuff is that an Obi-Wan cameoToggle Spoiler will probably be the big reveal in the Mando's flashback visions.

reversemigraine

Postby pana » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:26 am

i should mention i'm not invested at all in SW lore and will probably never watch TCW and Rebels, i'm surprised i've even watched all the new movies. Rogue One i watched for free and i was just glad it tried to be its own thing (and kinda failed). glad i gave Mando a chance though, there's something about these short episodes of western/samurai-esque missions. watch toddler Yoda ruin it eventually

(is my life in danger itt now?)

pana

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....