Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby kirito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:57 pm

hey if you guys like star wars check out the cutscenes from jedi fallen order. pretty well written star wars story with an awesome ending

kirito

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:13 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/arts/television/the-mandalorian-star-wars-baby-yoda.html
Knowing that you’re going to be directing Werner Herzog in your episode, did you treat him any differently, or do you think of him as just one more player in your company?

Normally, you just approach them as actors, but Werner is special. One of the weirdest moments I had on set, in my life, was trying to direct Werner with the baby. How did I end up with Werner Herzog and Baby Yoda? That was amazing. Werner had absolutely fallen in love with the puppet. He, at some point, had literally forgotten that it wasn’t a real being and was talking to the child as though it was a real, existing creature

Pops Freshenmeyer

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Herzog is the greatest

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby Debbie » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:15 pm

You must never ever show this Vader nightmare hologram to anyone

Debbie

Postby shacky » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Debbie wrote:
shacky wrote:so this was a perfect 90 minute first act

like as a self contained feature film this is now better than any of the new feature films

what the

yeah idk im excited

shacky

Postby shacky » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:42 pm

that was pretty goddamn triumphant

shacky

Postby shacky » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:45 pm

come to think of it one of these days we should all try and take all these different stars war and put them into a sort of "ranking" if u will

shacky

Postby palmer eldritch » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:45 pm

I like return of the jedi

palmer eldritch

Postby hbb » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 pm

ESB
RotJ
TLJ
ANH
R1
Ms01e02
Ms01e03
TFA
Ms02e01
TPM
Solo
RotS
AotC
hbb

Postby animefilm » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:01 pm

john plainman 2 wrote:The eye robot is sick and I’m glad we have it instead of a sliding slit in the door like a nightclub

I, Robot was my favorite character so far

animefilm

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Man just had a big grin on my face. Feels like a videogame but in all good ways.
Infiltrate the base etc.

Pure eye candy at the end.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby reversemigraine » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:07 pm

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/colin-trevorrow-star-wars-rise-skywalker-last-jedi/

Jurassic World franchise overseer Colin Trevorrow was originally supposed to handle another huge piece of pop culture, writing and directing Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise Of Skywalker. That never ended up happening, but Trevorrow's work on the film had enough impact to score him a story credit (along with writing partner Derek Connolly), and residuals, which the filmmaker is donating to the Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice in Berkshire.

Talking exclusively to Empire, Trevorrow explained his feelings about his name in the film's credits. "I’m not sure anyone who chooses the creative life should expect things. But I’m grateful to JJ [Abrams] for embracing some of our ideas. It’s exciting that fans will get to see the moments that felt essential to all of us."

Abrams, who took over co-writing and shooting the movie, went in some significantly different directions, including a return for a classic character. "Bringing back the Emperor was an idea JJ brought to the table when he came on board," Trevorrow says. "It’s honestly something I never considered. I commend him for it. This was a tough story to unlock, and he found the key."

He's more guarded when asked about his specific work on the script. "That’s not my place, especially right now," says Trevorrow. "I know how hard this crew has worked over the past two years, a lot of them are working with us now on Jurassic. I want to support them as they put this film out into the world. In the end, I’m just proud to have my name in space."

Another Star Wars filmmaker, Rian Johnson, incorporated one of Trevorrow's suggestions into his own movie, The Last Jedi, working from a concept that the Jurassic World director had looked to include himself. "I just asked Rian if he could include a little moment where Rey and Poe meet for the first time," he says. "They’re such beloved characters, it felt right for them to have some history in the next movie. I thought the way he did it was perfect.

reversemigraine

Postby separator » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:08 pm

wendy

separator

Postby john plainman 2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:11 pm

i had to laugh at the thought of colin and colleagues tirelessly working on a script for jurassic world. sweat on their brows, hands in their heads.

john plainman 2

Postby guy forget » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:49 pm

carl weathers is so good in this

that little scene where he tells off the dust breather guy was great
VHGisdead wrote:speaking of deemster vape pens

guy forget

Postby Architecture » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Mandolorian has been great so far. It's crazy to see all the EU fanboi shit on screen without too much attention called to it (e.g. vibroblades), and even the shit that's a bit too in-your-face (the door droid until the punchline in Chapter 3) isn't as flagrant as it was in TFA.

Really pleasantly surprised by this one
try the data then reply

Architecture
ok

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:50 pm

My daughter loves the blacksmith/armourer.

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby furrowed brow » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Your daughter sounds awesome

furrowed brow

Postby kirito » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:58 pm

when did rey and poe meet in TLJ

kirito

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:59 pm

kirito wrote:when did rey and poe meet in TLJ

5 second scene on the Falcon at the end

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 pm

Love that Deborah Chow references Hard Boiled with the baby scene in that NYT article.

And I guess the flying birds are kinda like doves :)

Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby john plainman 2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:01 pm

kirito wrote:when did rey and poe meet in TLJ

apparently they meet in the official novelization for The Force Awakens after they blow up starkiller lol

Code: Select all
    Rey and Poe were not excluded [from the celebration], though their sudden, tight clinch of shared excitement led to a moment of mutual awkwardness. “Uh, hi,” the pilot mumbled. “I’m Poe.”

She nodded slowly, searching his face and finding that she liked it. “I recognize the name. So you’re Poe. Poe Dameron, the X-wing pilot. I’m Rey.”

“I know.” He smiled back, a little more at ease. “Nice to meet you.”

john plainman 2

Postby pzadvance » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:02 pm

if they cant ever take the helmet off im afraid im gonna need a scene that shows how these dudes eat

pzadvance

Postby guy forget » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:10 pm

also a long scene explaining their skin care regimen

guy forget

Postby guy forget » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:12 pm

jeet, no!

guy forget

Postby Milk » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:13 pm

-That last scene is clearly a nod to Iron Man because Favreau. I have to say when he was climbing the sandcrawler in ep 2 i thought, would have been a lot easier if you had a jetpack like Boba. Then i figured well maybe it's Fett gear, but not standard mandalorian gear. Then when he gets surrounded in this ep i also thought, and again, jetpack? And then they showed up. Like let's face it, if you lived in a universe where jetpacks are a thing (yeah they kinda are in our reality but not functional like these) everyone would have one or at least, everyone who's a bounty hunter. It would be as standard as a horse in a western. But if they do get him one then it's also too much of an easy way out of a lot of situation so i don't expect he will get it. Definitely i'd always got the impression with the Fetts that it wasn't something you could use for real sustained flight but i guess i was wrong

-I immediately went COME OVER HERE like some dumb nerd when he used his hook line thing to get the stormtrooper.

-Probably the least obvious nod in this episode (at least that i caught, there's probably smaller ones i didn't) is that when he's outside the place where they're holding baby Yoda, on the wall you can see the same big metal pole thing that they use in a New Hope to try and stop the compactor from crushing them.

-The constant nods are a thing that has also annoyed me greatly with the whole Disney SW but subtle shit like that, not so much, it's more when they're redoing an exact scene but that's mostly been in the movies . At some point they in fact DO need to get it out of their system.

- the forging + flashback again seemed like a way to fill in a minute or two into the show. Like maybe let us see further in the flashback at least?. And we kinda did at the very end but i hope they don't replay us this shit one more time.
"I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands.."

Milk

Postby loaf angel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:44 am

god this is so much fun. i thought the western shootout scene at the end was getting a little too frenetic with the laser blasts all over the screen, even the ha ha "jumping in the hitched wagon and git-gitting the robot like it was a horse" part was cool but the laser blasts do take up simultaneous space on the screen vs old timey rifle / pistol shots.
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:26 am

Is the bunny hunter breaks the guild rules and all the other hunters go after them a John Wick ref or is that an old trope from westerns or assassin films I wasn't attuned to?
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

Postby loaf angel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:32 am

my understanding was that they had the fobs for baby yoda. once baby yoda was taken the bounty was reinstated. that's why Mando asked a few times prior to the rescue "how many people were given fobs"
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby Grey Poupon » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:35 am

ahhhh that makes sense
My listening experience in balanced mode reveals the great depth of EARTH

Grey Poupon

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....