Jesus fucking Christ, Morrissey

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Kevin McCallister » Thu May 23, 2019 9:55 am

Wow, he's toast.

Kevin McCallister

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 pm

fester wrote:bands we can listen to instead of the smiths(?):

aztec camera

Marr revealed to Mojo in 2008 that the success of Rough Trade label mates, Aztec Camera, spurred him on to write this: "A couple of days before I wrote 'This Charming Man' I'd heard 'Walk Out To Winter' by Aztec Camera on BBC Radio 1, and I felt a little jealous. My competitive urges kicked in. I felt that we needed something up-beat and in a major key for Rough Trade to get behind. That's why I wrote it in the key of G, which to this day I rarely do. I knew that 'This Charming Man' would be our next single." Marr continued: "I did the whole thing in one go into this TEAC 3-track tape recorder that I used to write on. I came up with the basic chords and immediately overdubbed the top line and intro riff."

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby rixx » Mon May 27, 2019 5:58 am

chargie wrote:

i’d ban his new record just cause of this godawful cover

someone bump the Pop Cultural Images That Bum You Out thread

rixx

Postby iarracht » Mon May 27, 2019 8:08 am

morrissey and ann widdicombe having tea with the vicar in a tutu.

iarracht

Postby NegativeCapability » Mon May 27, 2019 8:11 am

If I had to draw a typical guy from California it would 100% look like Mr. Morrissey.
Stabbing me 11 times only pissed me off.

NegativeCapability

Location: I'm a nobody. You understand? And you can't kill a person with no body.

Postby Kenny » Mon May 27, 2019 10:35 am

A friend of mine who shops incessently at Rough Trade said he's going to go in and tell him he won't shop there till they stop stocking Morrissey too. I don't shop there often but I thought I might tweet the same lol
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby futurist » Mon May 27, 2019 5:55 pm

futurist

Postby Eyeball Kid » Mon May 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Refusing to sell Morrissey albums is an empty gesture at best and feeds into his martyr complex at worst

Eyeball Kid

Postby Kenny » Mon May 27, 2019 6:37 pm

Eyeball Kid wrote:Refusing to sell Morrissey albums is an empty gesture at best and feeds into his martyr complex at worst

I don't really care how Morrissey takes it
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] (stay posi)

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those you choose to accept and live by.

Without Labour there is no Rest; nor without Fighting can the Victory be Won ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

WOAH CLICK HERE

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Eyeball Kid » Mon May 27, 2019 7:09 pm

It's still ultimately meaningless, but hey

Eyeball Kid

Postby an otter uh otter uh otter uh o » Mon May 27, 2019 7:25 pm

Eyeball Kid wrote:Refusing to sell Morrissey albums is an empty gesture at best and feeds into his martyr complex at worst

it's fine. any action against anyone of fame feeds their fan base. some dumb record store generating a tiny bit of smoke with some dumb ban is still infinitely better than the usual tepid approach of absolutely nothing and hope he just dies on his own.

never said this before but I'm with kenny. dude's awful, fuck em however. whatever
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter uh otter uh otter uh o

Postby Eyeball Kid » Mon May 27, 2019 7:35 pm

The thing is, any record store refusing to sell Morrissey's stuff or is considering to refuse to sell Morrissey's stuff likely still sells albums by morally reprehensible artists that no one is asking them to ban and the stores may likely prefer not to ban if pushed. Kendrick Lamar threatened to take his music off Spotify if XXXTentacion's music wasn't reinstated. Do you think a record store would be happy to not sell Kendrick Lamar albums? This push against Morrissey, as well deserved as it is, reeks too much of something everyone will forget about in a short while as he will just slowly fade back into irrelevance.

For the record, if my favorite record store made this decision, I wouldn't care.

Eyeball Kid

Postby an otter uh otter uh otter uh o » Mon May 27, 2019 7:40 pm

an otter wrote:the usual tepid approach of absolutely nothing and hope he just dies on his own.
ˁᵔᵜᵔˀ

an otter uh otter uh otter uh o

Postby Eyeball Kid » Mon May 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Is that a response

Eyeball Kid

Postby Eyeball Kid » Mon May 27, 2019 8:17 pm

I get feeling frustrated and wanting to do something, but the best thing you can do in a situation like this is to not give any money to the offending artist! Your local record store is still going to sell stuff by absolutely putrid people no matter what.

Eyeball Kid

Postby ripersnifle » Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 pm

the sundays
the feelies
orange juice
aztec camera
the field mice

please let me know if any of these are fascist

also add to the list
<-----

(Paddy)
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.

ripersnifle

Postby ripersnifle » Mon May 27, 2019 10:49 pm

JPEGMAFIA owns
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.

ripersnifle

Postby Viz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 am

So the local bookstore that's bigger than your standard mom n pop bookstore but smaller than a Barnes & Noble has a pretty well stocked vinyl and music section and they have a feature section for upcoming shows.

And so they have have a Morrissey section with all his recent releases and I don't know. The store is pretty well known and they hold all types of literacy and kids programs, so it was a real disconnect seeing them advertise him in a big way like that.

I wanted to go talk to someone about how this. is. wrong. But in the end, I didn't want to be that guy. Should I have said something?
Viz

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:43 am

Eh. There's a good chance they don't know what's going on with Morrissey. The kid you'll be talking to about it won't know what to do or if they can do anything at all, the manager probably won't give a shit.
If you talk to them about it, good on you and I think that's admirable. Don't blame you for not bothering though.

Kevin McCallister

Postby aububs » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 am

ripersnifle wrote:JPEGMAFIA owns

saw them live the other day and hoped they would play this track. he introduced it as a song about his "all time most hated musician". he absolutely does own because it's so easy to say nothing but he says something. jaw-dropping show too
astonishing vigils

aububs

Postby aububs » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:50 am

ah FUCK i posted in the morrissey thread
astonishing vigils

aububs

Postby alaska » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:00 am

whatever who cares tha tjpegmafia song is great
Last edited by alaska on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby alaska » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:00 am

aububs wrote:ah FUCK i posted in the morrissey thread

jesus same

anyway for the record i too hate this fucko now. fuck you morrissey
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:12 am

struttin' evil mushroom wrote:

aztec camera

Marr revealed to Mojo in 2008 that the success of Rough Trade label mates, Aztec Camera, spurred him on to write this: "A couple of days before I wrote 'This Charming Man' I'd heard 'Walk Out To Winter' by Aztec Camera on BBC Radio 1, and I felt a little jealous. My competitive urges kicked in. I felt that we needed something up-beat and in a major key for Rough Trade to get behind. That's why I wrote it in the key of G, which to this day I rarely do. I knew that 'This Charming Man' would be our next single." Marr continued: "I did the whole thing in one go into this TEAC 3-track tape recorder that I used to write on. I came up with the basic chords and immediately overdubbed the top line and intro riff."

they were apparently obsessed with roddy frame for most of their run, and diligently looked at their chart position against whatever he had recently released, well into them being internationally famous.
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:14 am

If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:15 am

Beautiful Jugdish wrote:

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:14 pm

Are covers OK

evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby groupb » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:12 pm

groupb

Postby bro tones » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:14 pm

let's hear him out

bro tones

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:22 pm

alright fine im retiring the moz shirt

Beautiful Jugdish

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley