Jesus fucking Christ, Morrissey

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby Christmas Ape » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:39 pm

Yeah I don’t know what the board consensus on Bragg is but he’s one of my favourite ever songwriters and an unfailingly pretty sound moral compass

Christmas Ape

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:42 pm

paul weller is also still good

if we're talking about good ppl from that era
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby thrasher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:43 pm

I got to meet bragg a couple years ago when he invited DSA to table at his shows and he was a really kind generous dude. and yeah his commitment to left politics is pretty admirable

thrasher

Postby board ghost » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:12 pm

its hard to say hes underrated cuz i feel like he's mostly held in pretty high esteem but i guess just isn't talked about much but Talking with the Taxman... Don't Try this At Home and his Peel Sessions Collection are just absolutely incredible.

also the doc about him and Wilco and grant showbiz making Mermaid Ave is really really great
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

board ghost

Postby chargie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:43 am

this is true, morrisey has been a shitbag forever
trouble wrote:e equals can't c color

chargie

Postby Bjornie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:53 am

Clicked on a thread about Marr saying he disagreed with Morrissey and I guess most Morrissey fans are just full blown fascist now from the comments I read

Bjornie
Mayonnaise Boy

Postby Cronos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:59 am

Bernie wrote:Clicked on a thread about Marr saying he disagreed with Morrissey and I guess most Morrissey fans are just full blown fascist now from the comments I read

fuckfase
GodEmperorMorrissey said: ↑
If 2 out of 3 of your kids are gay then that means they were exposed to some weird shit. Those odds are highly improbable in a stable environment

I was going to say the same thing this morning! Also - see my other posts. I will repeat: it’s not about race, it’s about culture. These idiots that label us as “racist” or “haters” or “anti-LBGT” cannot debate or think critically. Call me a “culturist.” I am anti-Islam, not anti-Muslim. Islam is a culture. Not a race.
Tone sincere also I would never troll or purposefully be antagonistic or anything on something serious.

Organic Croutons wrote:Cronos your sig quotes me btw why do I not get proper reference

Cronos

Postby Cronos » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:02 am

The Morrissey forum had a boarder exchange with Stormfront
Tone sincere also I would never troll or purposefully be antagonistic or anything on something serious.

Organic Croutons wrote:Cronos your sig quotes me btw why do I not get proper reference

Cronos

Postby bro tones » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:53 am

how could you not like stevie? wtf

bro tones

Postby bruceagain » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 am

Beautiful Jugdish wrote:paul weller is also still good

badhat wrote:[wheeljack post about paul weller worrying about whether his vocal takes sound black enough]

and more loosely the jam were definitely pretty problematic by today's standards but that's a very important qualifier
The Internet is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself, you can leave the forum forever and never look back.

bruceagain

Postby An Indulgent Mother » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:58 am

in what sense?
mites wrote:I'm a factory where every input is pizza and every output is depression

An Indulgent Mother

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:59 am

bruceagain wrote:
Beautiful Jugdish wrote:paul weller is also still good

badhat wrote:[wheeljack post about paul weller worrying about whether his vocal takes sound black enough]

and more loosely the jam were definitely pretty problematic by today's standards but that's a very important qualifier

you know who really hates the jam? paul weller
evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:13 am

lol

i mean his approach to """""world music"""" was very problematic in that classically condescending white 80s/current california way, but at least he's not an open fascist now! (that's exactly how low my bar is)
If you have information that conclusively proves beyond a doubt that Nathan killed Jeffrey Epstein, please DM me.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:14 am

my bra is low too

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Seamus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:21 am

Paul Weller's hair is unforgiveable imo
Thanks, admin.

Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

monkey d stiltzkin wrote:pure poppycock from Seamus yet again

Seamus

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:21 am

WHAT

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:22 am

thread has gone too far
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Ted Pikul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:23 am

he rocks some cool ass sunglasses
evil olive wrote:Holy shit this is the most Ted Pikul post ever. Just replace your signature now.

Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby bro tones » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 am

isn't weller's current cut just the johnny marr?

bro tones

Postby ripersnifle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:40 am

GodEmperorMorrissey
steakspoon wrote:sorry if sounds corny fellas but i'll always remember where i was when i heard my first big star song..the internet.

ripersnifle

Postby speakers » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:21 am

chargie wrote:

this is true, morrisey has been a shitbag forever

so do marr get a pass for being in a band with a shitbag?

speakers

Postby Beautiful Jugdish » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:28 am

bless you for your hard work and martyrlike devotion to this cause, speakers.

Beautiful Jugdish

Postby speakers » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:30 am

having a difficult time reckoning with famous racists you admire is not a cute part of your bit

speakers

Postby DasLofGang » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:41 am

I am the last of the faaaaamous
racists you admire
Yes, sir, I've become a real "Net-Head!" I don't know how I communicated before I got online!

DasLofGang

Postby thrasher » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:27 pm

bro tones wrote:how could you not like stevie? wtf

yea this has always been a hard line for me, not open for discussion. imo if you dislike stevie you got bad taste and you're probably a bad person :x

thrasher

Postby Christmas Ape » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Johnny marr hasn't been in a band/working relationship/friendship with said shitbag since he was a 23 year old in 1987 if this helps

Christmas Ape

Postby Cronos » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Yo can we just lock this thread? There’s a year old medium post that reads exactly the same.

https://medium.com/@tommycm/love-the-song-hate-the-singer-7f810a536fca

Cronos

Postby thrasher » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:57 pm

Cronos wrote:Yo can we just lock this thread? There’s a year old medium post that reads exactly the same.

Of course, he’s not the only artist with problematic views. Stephen King has called HP Lovecraft “the greatest practitioner of the classic horror tale”. Joyce Carol Oates describes his influence upon all writers as “incalculable”.
But, and here’s the thing, Lovecraft wasn’t a very pleasant man.

huh?

thrasher

Postby Cronos » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:10 am

thrasher wrote:
Cronos wrote:Yo can we just lock this thread? There’s a year old medium post that reads exactly the same.

Of course, he’s not the only artist with problematic views. Stephen King has called HP Lovecraft “the greatest practitioner of the classic horror tale”. Joyce Carol Oates describes his influence upon all writers as “incalculable”.

huh?

While such friends on courses like engineering and maths reeled around the student union to Mousse T ft. Tom Jones, I’d retire to my bedroom and play Belle and Sebastian, hoping against hope that a sensitive woman might be passing by the window, forced to stop and knock a tentative knuckle against the glass and enquire after the obviously very cool and in-no-way-laddish lad who lay within.

Cronos

Postby jordana » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:11 am

thrasher wrote:

huh?

There's all kind of memes about Lovecraft being a racist and having a dog named after a racist slur, but I haven't researched Wikipedia to confirm it's true.
jordana

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley