♫ blackpill is how I feel on the inside ♫
Riverchrist

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:30 pm

speakers wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:
an otter wrote:ah, the 'one vote doesn't matter' defense

it doesn't though

“i wanna do whatever i want without feeling guilty”

Just because you don't listen to Morrissey doesn't mean you aren't guilty.
furrowed brow

Postby Denise » Wed May 15, 2019 9:32 pm

The more you 'deplorable' me, the closer I get
Denise

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Wed May 15, 2019 9:35 pm

a good thing about this thread is that Jesus fucking Christ, Morrissey could have been a Morrissey song 30 years ago, when he wasn't rac

struttin' evil mushroom

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 15, 2019 9:37 pm

furrowed brow wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:

it doesn't though

A lot of votes do matter though.
So do the right thing and vote and don't buy Morrissey tickets!

Yes, but those other votes are not contingent on my voting.

In terms of things you can do to make your country better or silence mainstream racists, these are really really really easy things to do.
Like if you can't go out to vote once every few years, or resist the temptation to see a musician play a few songs you like before he starts hinting at the fact that he's a big dumb racist, I think you're playing a role in the current political climate.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 15, 2019 9:39 pm

furrowed brow wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:

it doesn't though

BTW I'm just going to move past this because you must recognize the logical fallacy in this post.
kranky wrote:the monster mash isn't actually halloween specific and is just a monster party that could happen at any time.
Kevin McCallister

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 pm

My point is that for some people (ie for people who Morrissey is their favorite artist) it isn't a "really, really easy thing to do." It's a really, really easy thing for YOU to do. Imagine you had to disengage from your favorite musician (or whatever piece of cultural production), so that you might contribute in such a minuscule way to their cancellation that your disengagement being decisive in said cancellation would be a statistical miracle.
furrowed brow

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:

it doesn't though

BTW I'm just going to move past this because you must recognize the logical fallacy in this post.

lay it on me sucka
furrowed brow

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 15, 2019 9:46 pm

furrowed brow wrote:My point is that for some people (ie for people who Morrissey is their favorite artist) it isn't a "really, really easy thing to do." It's a really, really easy thing for YOU to do. Imagine you had to disengage from your favorite musician (or whatever piece of cultural production), so that you might contribute in such a minuscule way to their cancellation that your disengagement being decisive in said cancellation would be a statistical miracle.

I did this with Kanye. I was legitimately a huge fan and I still love so much of his past work.

furrowed brow wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:it doesn't though

lay it on me sucka

Every well meaning "my vote doesn't matter" non-voter is saying the same thing.
Kevin McCallister

Postby Denise » Wed May 15, 2019 9:48 pm

I really really like The Smiths and Morrissey

Fuck em
Denise

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:Every well meaning "my vote doesn't matter" non-voter is saying the same thing.

Doesn't fucking matter dude! Every person in this scenario are making independent decisions which are causally unrelated to each other.
furrowed brow

Postby speakers » Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 pm

furrowed brow wrote:My point is that for some people (ie for people who Morrissey is their favorite artist) it isn't a "really, really easy thing to do." It's a really, really easy thing for YOU to do. Imagine you had to disengage from your favorite musician (or whatever piece of cultural production), so that you might contribute in such a minuscule way to their cancellation that your disengagement being decisive in said cancellation would be a statistical miracle.

compared to the actual hard work of fighting for justice this is really, really easy
speakers

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:52 pm

Imagine there are 50 non-voters using that logic. Now imagine that one of them decides to vote on the basis of the categorical imperative, more or less. Will that one person changing their voting behavior affect the voting behavior of the other 49?
furrowed brow

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm

speakers wrote:

compared to the actual hard work of fighting for justice this is really, really easy

What can you tell me of this world speakers?
furrowed brow

Postby speakers » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 pm

like some people are risking their lives and giving of their time and hearts and souls

and you’re like but my music
speakers

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 pm

And you're sitting on your computer feeling morally superior for not listening the music of someone you don't give a shit about to begin and being like "well I'm cishet white guy i can't do anything durrr"
furrowed brow

Postby Denise » Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 pm

This is exactly what Morrissey wants. He's tearing we libs apart
Denise

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Are you risking your life dude?

Give me a fucking break.
furrowed brow

Postby speakers » Wed May 15, 2019 9:55 pm

furrowed brow wrote:
speakers wrote:

What can you tell me of this world speakers?

nothing! i don’t do shit!

the absolute minimum is that im willing to turn off the bad men and delete Facebook and i suck
speakers

Postby Denise » Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Morrissey has won

The war is over
Denise

Postby Kevin McCallister » Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 pm

furrowed brow wrote:
Kevin McCallister wrote:Every well meaning "my vote doesn't matter" non-voter is saying the same thing.

Doesn't fucking matter dude! Every person in this scenario are making independent decisions which are causally unrelated to each other.

So this is a matter of a wide net of people lacking empathy and acting selfishly if they refuse to see the bigger picture.
I dunno I don't want to be a part of that club and I'm surprised you want to be a part of it yourself.
Kevin McCallister

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Yeah dude you can do way fucking more than not doing shit you goddamn moron. You're making the exact same moral compromises by not using your fucking time and your goddamn privilege to get off your fucking ass and help somebody.
furrowed brow

Postby speakers » Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 pm

it’s a fair criticism brow but i think your math is wrong
speakers

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Kevin McCallister wrote:
furrowed brow wrote:

So this is a matter of a wide net of people lacking empathy and acting selfishly if they refuse to see the bigger picture.
I dunno I don't want to be a part of that club and I'm surprised you want to be a part of it yourself.

Dawg, I never said i was a part of it you idiot. I'm making you consider the other side of this, which you obviously have never done.
furrowed brow

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 pm

eh whatever.
Last edited by struttin' evil mushroom on Wed May 15, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
struttin' evil mushroom

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 10:01 pm

speakers wrote:it’s a fair criticism brow but i think your math is wrong

How's that?
furrowed brow

Postby brent » Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Brad Lee Cooper wrote:Morrissey has won

The war is over

but the more we ignore him...
brent

Postby speakers » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm

furrowed brow wrote:
speakers wrote:it’s a fair criticism brow but i think your math is wrong

How's that?

i don’t think me, say, not attending a rally is a “moral comprise” equivalent to you attending a Morrisey show
speakers

Postby furrowed brow » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Anyway, if it isn't obvious I don't give two shits about continuing to buy or engage with Morrissey's music myself.

And I vote.
furrowed brow

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....