qveen herby

Let's talk Aguachile Alley

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:28 am

haha that sucks
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:29 am

Steadily clutching my pearls, steadily clutching my pearls (clutching my pearls, yeah)
On Hipinion, posters taxed their bonds and brotherhood, pushing themselves to the brink as a board and as buds.

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:31 am

Turn my struggles into classics. Have you seen my demographics?

alaska

Postby Architecture » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:24 pm

some serious madtv vibes with that one
try the data then reply
Architecture
ok

Postby Grendel » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:51 pm

"Have you seen my demographics? Baddest B's on the planet." I love how she gave a shout out to her supporters, not many artists do that these days.
Paul Mooney wrote:When I see homeless white person I start crying. (cries) What a waste of white skin.

Grendel

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:07 pm

she does have amazing fans

hideout wrote:
death is my amigo wrote:Image

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Come on representation! is just seared in my brain so deep at this point it sucks lol

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:12 pm

I can tell you’re just having a blast doing all of this and that’s what makes me enjoy your work even more

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:13 pm

Nobody:

Qveen: keep a pre roll in ya pocket

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:14 pm

her big dick energy song has 2.3 million views

for the nth time i ask, what the fuck is going on

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Nath
6 months ago (edited)
1:32 The Qveen predicting the Coronavirus Pandemic. Shook.

Edit: This is literally the most likes I've ever got, haha! Thank you!

alaska

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:16 pm

The look on her face when she harvests the eggplant hahaha I'm dead. More women need this energy BDE

alaska

Postby DasLofGang » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Qvnon
Yes, sir, I've become a real "Net-Head!" I don't know how I communicated before I got online!

DasLofGang

Postby alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:16 pm

I don’t like comparing singers to each other, but how is Cardi B, someone who doesn’t even write their own music or raps, more famous than her?

alaska

Postby draw » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:08 pm

:?:

draw

Postby oh! it's max! » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:06 am

the qveen will, apparently, never stop

Sent her link to all my friends and later
They confirmed that stanning was the right behavior

:-|
seriously.

oh! it's max!

Postby videodrome » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Found on resetera:

pomplamoose:
invents the revolutionary videosong
has appeal on reddit for years
singlehandedly repopularizes cover songs for a new generation

karmin:
comes in with now hiphop covers, super talented flow and rapping
gets SNL, something PM still has not done
spins off, goes solo as Qveen Herby, staying relevant for a new generation
making ORIGINAL music that slaps, unlike PM

face it, pomplamoose got murdered on their own shit. listening to pomplamoose in 2020? could not be me

videodrome

Postby Ghost of Spartacus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:12 pm

super talented flow

Ghost of Spartacus

Postby rex » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:33 am

Q: So let’s start here: What happened with Karmin?

A: It’s really simple now that I’m looking at it. Hindsight is 20/20. We blew up on the internet as Karmin and signed this big record deal and had no idea what we were in for. I had no idea what it meant to be an artist. Most of our friends actually aren’t even doing music any more. There’s not a lot of sustainability.

I am a Nebraska girl, so I’m going to figure out how to make it sustainable and be as authentic and true to myself as possible.

Q: So where did the name change come in?

A: When we started making this music that ended up being Qveen Herby, I said, ‘We can’t call this Karmin.’ It’s still my husband, Nick, and I producing this music. But I wanted to make it easy for the fans to differentiate between me becoming a queen.

Q: OK, so Qveen Herby. Is that a reference to Herbie Husker?

A: Hell yes! I changed the spelling. I went to school in Boston. Everyone used to call me Queen, I guess because I’m really bossy! People notice if you’re a woman and you know what you want and you tell people. That’s the Nebraska in me.

And did you know that Herby means warrior? What is better than a warrior queen? Also Nebraska football is a giant part of my upbringing. We would have these family gatherings in the basement. Halftime would come up, and I would sing for my aunts and uncles. It was the only time i could get everyone’s attention.

rex

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:43 am

did you know that herby means warrior?

light rail coyote

Postby DasLofGang » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 am

the nebraska in meeee is the nebraska in you
Yes, sir, I've become a real "Net-Head!" I don't know how I communicated before I got online!

DasLofGang

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:04 pm

herby

[ ur-bee, hur-bee ]
adjective, herb·i·er, herb·i·est.
abounding in herbs or grass.
of, relating to, or characteristic of an herb or herbs in taste or appearance.

light rail coyote

Postby light rail coyote » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:06 pm

i've tried 4 different online dictionaries and i see no evidence of herby meaning warrior

light rail coyote

Postby jack » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:06 pm

did you check the stanktionary

jack

Postby alaska » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:01 pm

jack wrote:did you check the stanktionary

Fuck

alaska

Postby mactheo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:33 pm

i am really impressed at how busy she is like I have all this free time but i barely make any songs or music videos. i'm jealous

edit: Image
alaska wrote:here's the thing: mactheo is hot and cool

Check out my SoundCloud!

mactheo

Postby rex » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Oh yeah sorry she covered that too.

That was the greatest learning experience that I could ever imagine happening. It’s the way that it goes with a lot of artists. There’s no plan.

But now I know. I would not have the confidence I have now to say, “Hey, this is how we’re going to do it. (Expletive) everything else.” We know what doesn’t work, at least for us. I’ve been giving advice to a lot of my friends about it.

It’s craziness. I was really lucky though. To be fair, LA Reid (chairman of Epic Records) didn’t have to release us. We asked to be released and he was kind enough to let us go.

Q: So now you’re independent. What’s that like?

A: You have to have my Nebraska upbringing! You have to have that work ethic. The willingness to learn Final Cut Pro and edit your own videos and do your own social media.

All my music is about empowerment now. Living your truth. Even if it means transformation. We have to demand these things for ourselves. Even though things are crazy right now, I’m so grateful I can do this.

With the Karmin stuff, we were thrown into sessions with tons of producers. We learned the tricks fo the trade. Now we run our own camps. We make sure everybody gets paid.

Q: So right now, you’re releasing a series of EPs. Why take that route over the traditional album release?

A: I think it’s something more artists will do. We’re thinking so differently.

What happened is I started thinking like a fashion designer. I love the fashion world. They have four seasons a year. They’re able to change the entire color palate and the mood and muse each season. The runway looks totally different while there’s a thread of continuity throughout their collections. That’s why i love the EP. It’s a lot of labor to make 12 tracks. But 5 or 6 tracks is something we can do every three or four months.

And you’re also servicing these ADHD kids who need that stimuli. Something new and fresh to present to them.

The way that we consume music, the majority of people are streaming it. You go to foo fighters Spotify page, it’s shuffling their top songs. Everything is out the window. I want people to go to my page and listen to 45 minutes, so I’m going to put out a lot of music.

We may put together a vinyl, physical piece of music. Why don’t we put the top streamed songs? We’ll call it “Qveen Essentials.”

rex

Postby Grendel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:35 pm

light rail coyote wrote:i've tried 4 different online dictionaries and i see no evidence of herby meaning warrior

Queen is (sort of) correct about this if we look at the the etymology of Herbert:

masc. proper name, introduced in England by the Normans, from Old French Herbert, Latinized from Frankish *Hari-berct, *Her(e)-bert, literally "army-bright;" see harry (v.) + bright (adj.).

Herbert is a Germanic given name, from harja- "army" or "warrior"[1] and beraht "bright" or "shining"[2] (compare Robert)

Herbert to Herbie to Herby
Paul Mooney wrote:When I see homeless white person I start crying. (cries) What a waste of white skin.

Grendel

Postby dada » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 pm

:awful:
Last edited by dada on Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dada

Postby Woke Mind Virus » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:52 pm

nebraska girls husker hard - vveen herby

Woke Mind Virus

PreviousNext

Return to Aguachile Alley