Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby scrambled » Tue May 22, 2018 10:54 pm

hey i saw a dermatologist today who prescribed me some pills to stop sweating so fucking much - any1 have any experience with this? :oops: i used to think it was just my genetic quirk but it's gotten worse and worse

or anyone want to talk about how fucking annoying it is to sweat all the time? :?: :?: i think this summer is gonna be the death of me
scrambled

Postby Stuntman » Wed May 23, 2018 1:36 am

I had this really bad as a teenager up until my mid-twenties. I used to bring two undershirts with me everywhere I went and at one point I decided to start pinning washcloths to my shirts by my armpits. My dermatologist had me on this prescription antiperspirant, zinc oxide I think. It didn't help at all. I had to endure the discomfort and embarrassment until I was about 23 or 24 when it inexplicably stopped. Now it's like I don't sweat at all unless it's extremely humid.

I still have nightmares of people touching or hugging me and recoiling in disgust when they realize my shirt is soaked.
Stuntman
AKA Ron

Postby mascotte » Wed May 23, 2018 4:10 am

Do you drink a lot tea or coffee? Cause caffeine was the cause in my case
mascotte

Postby scrambled » Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm

mascotte wrote:Do you drink a lot tea or coffee? Cause caffeine was the cause in my case

i do not! in fact it got worse when i like cut coffee out of my regular diet because of heartburn. it may be because i moved back to NYC. the humidity, constant walking, and extreme changes in temperature of environment (apartment -> streets -> fucking subway -> office)
scrambled

Postby scrambled » Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Stuntman wrote:I had this really bad as a teenager up until my mid-twenties. I used to bring two undershirts with me everywhere I went and at one point I decided to start pinning washcloths to my shirts by my armpits. My dermatologist had me on this prescription antiperspirant, zinc oxide I think. It didn't help at all. I had to endure the discomfort and embarrassment until I was about 23 or 24 when it inexplicably stopped. Now it's like I don't sweat at all unless it's extremely humid.

I still have nightmares of people touching or hugging me and recoiling in disgust when they realize my shirt is soaked.

oh i'm so jealous. its gotten worse around age 24/25. but yeah i love having to give people a disclaimer before they touch me. a few months ago, an aunt recoiled after i gave a disclaimer and she still hugged.

yeah i'm curious about the pills cuz prescription antiperspirant sounds like a joke. he said if the pills do not work that we could consider botox in certain areas which sounds insane.
scrambled

Postby bro tones » Wed May 23, 2018 1:24 pm

i have this really bad. pits, arms and feet. dermatologist gave me some prescription grade antiperspirant that works on the pits, but it's basically liquid aluminum and burns really bad and you have to keep up on it, which i sucked at.

been curious about this stuff for my hands, because having to shake hands with anyone is always embarrassing:
https://www.carpelotion.com/
benj wrote:rest in peace luggii dead ass
bro tones

Postby scrambled » Wed May 23, 2018 1:24 pm

omg

scrambled

Postby bro tones » Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm

lol
bro tones

Postby scrambled » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

reviews r pretty good from an initial skim

https://www.amazon.com/Carpe-Antiperspi ... B010BVZ1VU
scrambled

Postby scrambled » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

i wonder how it works with feet. like the situation my socks are in after a long day is like truly truly revolting
scrambled

Postby bro tones » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

also, i've noticed that non antiperspirant deodorants make me sweat less. i have luck with this:

https://www.malinandgoetz.com/body/deodorant/eucalyptus-deodorant-2-6oz-e73g
bro tones

Postby Grendel » Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 pm

bro tones wrote:i have this really bad. pits, arms and feet. dermatologist gave me some prescription grade antiperspirant that works on the pits, but it's basically liquid aluminum and burns really bad and you have to keep up on it, which i sucked at.

been curious about this stuff for my hands, because having to shake hands with anyone is always embarrassing:
https://www.carpelotion.com/

I might try this out; I get sweaty hands when I am writing tests and stuff like that and sometimes I start smearing the ink all over and it sucks.

I've also thought about doing a DIY Iontophoresis Device:

Grendel

Postby Peptobysmal » Wed May 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Me, my mom and sis all have this. Sis and mom have it primarily in their arm pits and had Botox injections about ten years ago. They say that it's drastically reduced the amount of secretions and has saved them a lot of embarrassment. I have it in my hands, which is frustrating because I'm training to be an RN and have actually failed lab exams because I've torn sterile gloves right in half trying to put them on. I looked into the Botox but it's not feasible because it requires 25+ injections (!) and carries a not-insignificant risk of nerve damage. This person did it anyway and said it was pretty painful but effective.

FWIW, I've been told that beta blockers can be effective in treating anxiety-induced hyperhidrosis; I took Propranolol briefly and had mixed results. Talcum powder works pretty well for brief periods (I understand that they used to apply it to all sterile gloves to facilitate the gloving process, but stopped after they discovered it stimulated the formation of granulation tissue and would sometimes cause post-op intestinal obstructions).
Peptobysmal

Postby wintergreen » Thu May 24, 2018 12:57 am

my pits and hands and feet are fine, but the back of my head sweats quite a bit under very slight exertion, like walking briskly. anything more than that and the sweat drips off my hair in the back.

it sucks.
wintergreen

Postby Clive » Thu May 24, 2018 7:57 am

These are kind of expensive, but they do the trick:

https://thompsontee.com
Clive

Postby south pacific » Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 am

scrambled, have you had a blood test to check your thyroid?
went to the theatre for the tickle contest
south pacific

Postby Poptone » Thu May 24, 2018 10:18 am

i have this problem as well - even with the most minimal of exertion, it's like someone turned on a water tap full-blast in my head (which is where most of it comes from).

actually, doesn't have to even be physical exertion; any more, if I get even the slightest bit stressed out or nervous,

it really is crimping my life anymore. job interviews? fucking hell. going to the barber? i'm mortified.
Poptone
cat fan

Postby scrambled » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:00 am

hi i've been taking glycopyrrolate and it's really changed my life tho the increase of HUMIDITY IN NEW YORK is truly testing it

and no south pacific it's been recc'd that i should tho :-x
scrambled

Postby REAL BASED SLOB » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:05 am

basically the white patrick ewing over here
When John Walsh refers to criminals as cowards and creeps I just get more jacked
REAL BASED SLOB

Postby scrambled » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:07 am

scrambled

Postby scrambled » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 am

scrambled

Postby Gussie Fink-Nottle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:30 am

I'm at an anti aggression training day where I have to grab and be grabbed by other people. This is like the nightmare because I get anxious about being gross and sweaty and that makes me sweat more.
It is mating season for the pterosaurs, and this well-endowed male wants YOU to fly with him.
Gussie Fink-Nottle

Postby Eyeball Kid » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:35 am

I used to have sweaty palms, so much so that I was self-conscious about shaking people's hands. (If I found myself in a situation where I had to do it, I would reflexively [and discreetly] wipe my hand against my pants before extending it to the other person.) It stopped being a problem once I hit my 20's.
Eyeball Kid

Postby hogwild » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 am

i used to sweat around my ass lots but not upper body. no im in my 30s dry assed but slimy ass arm pits. i dunno
hogwild

Postby bort » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:27 am

This is my life. I have to buy shirts with patterns that don’t give away my pit sweat. It sucks. I work at a laid back office now but I can’t even take advantage by wearing T-shirts.
big nipples , big life
bort

Postby Poptone » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 am

i watched Broadcast News for the first time a couple of weeks ago and holy shit, the Albert Brooks sweating scene had me hurting from laughing but it also triggered me big-time because the struggle is real goddamnit
Poptone
cat fan

Postby Cronos » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:11 am

bort wrote:This is my life. I have to buy shirts with patterns that don’t give away my pit sweat. It sucks. I work at a laid back office now but I can’t even take advantage by wearing T-shirts.

Damn I was gonna ask if anyone has any tips for getting stains out of their shirts. I basically buy new tshirts and can wear them once.
Cronos

Postby Smiling Penner-Lite » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:18 am

I'll get salt stains on my suit jacket armpits after being in court.

The sweating is definitely better at 41 than when I was a teenager/early 20s, but it's still a thing. My feet particularly are bad, pits, then hands probably.

I might actually look at botox for the armpits.
Smiling Penner-Lite

Postby steaming shit » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 am

i sweat a little bit. almost never if i smoke weed though. i'm keen to try out cbd oil to see if it has an effect
steaming shit

Postby haddonfield » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:00 pm

so so sick of sweat stains ruining my shirts. it comes for every shirt of mine eventually. you just use vinegar to get it off right?
haddonfield

Next

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....