You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby ahungbunny » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:24 pm

who wants to play ITS A CRIME with me?

ahungbunny

Postby Legion » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:48 pm

On a similar tangent, I found myself lost in this site last night, and thankfully went to bed before making a massive purchase ... a lot to be curious about:

https://www.shopontheborderlands.co.uk/ ... ing-games/

Stuntman: Hipinion for me is like a choose-your-own adventure where every topic is a direct path to the depressed thread.
Legion

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:04 pm

from the vg thread

dr. badvibes wrote:
ahungbunny wrote:
dr. badvibes wrote:
ahungbunny wrote:i know no one cares but fyi shadows over bogenhafen comes from warhammer fantasy roleplay circa 1986, not the miniatures game. it and more broadly the whole enemy within campaign are widely considered among the best adventures ever released, in all of tabletop roleplaying. well worth finding a pdf and flipping through it even if only to check out the amazing artwork

i'm curious what you mean by this, unless you're talking about a plot (which i didn't think vermintide had?)

re-DLC vermintide, which is all i'm familiar with, certainly didn't come from WFRP "circa" any time; it came from the last-relevant-before-Age-of-Sigmar version of the miniatures game, which had iterated for the 30 years subsequent to WFRP

the dlc is called shadows over bogenhafen, i'm just giving context to that because i'm a huge fan of this release

k i was just wondering what exactly you meant

when you play tthat adventure do you re-skin it to fit the generic D&D universe or actually use the warhammer setting? and do you fuck with realm of chaos/slaves to darkness

i've read through enemy within/shadows over bogenhafen but never run nor played it largely for two reasons

1 - i loooove the muddy and bloody late-middle ages wfrp setting and the career system is super interesting to me but i feel like i'll never get a chance to play a game with it. it's close enough to d&d's fantasy and people already know how to play that so it's a hard sell
2 - my friends' and my schedules are too irregular to commit to long campaigns so it's mostly one- or two-shots with pregen characters for us

so i'll probably never get a chance to use it as intended. i'll almost definitely steal parts of it and convert it to my kind of d&d though.

not familiar enough with warhammer to say anything about the last question. i'm probably one of the very few these days who got into the warhammer universe via d&d: tsr uk wrote some really awesome modules then got closed down and most of the staff ended up working for games workshop
ahungbunny

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm

question got me thinking about games i'd love to try but probably won't get a chance to for any real duration

1. warhammer fantasy roleplay 1e
2. call of cthulhu - this system seems really simple and the setting is pretty much universally appealing so i'll probably get some time in with it, but i'd love to run masks of nyarlathotep for like a year
3. pendragon - epic chivalric knightly rpg set in the world of king arthur with a supremely interesting trait/passion spectrum system
4. ten candles - horror storygame in which you turn off the lights in the room, light candles, and as you play you literally burn aspects of your character then when bad shit happens you snuff a candle until you're all sitting in darkness
5. top secret - early 80s tsr spy rpg. no clue how it plays but the aesthetic is extremely sick, look at this
ahungbunny

Postby ahungbunny » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:48 pm

i finally sat down and rolled up a wfrp character and i think it's too messy to play without a dedicated group. not all that crunchy, just kind of inconsistent in how the numbers and probability are implemented and takes a lot of small math to run combat. i think i mostly really love the careers/skills/gear/weapons system, especially that it's generated by a single dice roll. i'm probably going to adopt that for my house rules

that said, on benjus the marine's first ever swordswing, i decapitated my opponent sending his head flying 4 feet eastward, rules as written
ahungbunny

Postby Merciel » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:27 am

Ten Candles sounds amazing, I want to get that just so someday Kermit can play it with his friends and freak them the fuck out in like sixth grade.
Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Previous

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....