Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby virtuous » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Sure, but they still need the captain and crew and people had to set up the toys (slide) and they had dinner and drinks so it probably wasn’t far off.
virtuous

Postby Merciel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Yeah, I have no idea. I've never watched the show.

I think that episode cured me of ever wanting to be on a superyacht though. It looks glorious, but it also just looks like a smaller shittier version of a mansion where you have to be on the water the whole time, which: no thanks. I'll take the beachside mansion rental and skip the seasickness and deep water dread.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby pana » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:19 pm

this is the true game of thrones

pana

Postby Mr Spaceship » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:49 pm

can someone upload the finale to the Dropbox

Mr Spaceship

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:48 pm

God how much fun did these pricks have writing Connor's "éminence grise" speech.

Spoilt Victorian Child
ok

Postby jarsilver » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 pm

I need a sails out nails out t shirt

jarsilver

Postby spix et chicho » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 pm

Spoilt Victorian Child wrote:God how much fun did these pricks have writing Connor's "éminence grise" speech.

after losing millions on his hired girlfriend’s terrible play, being told by his father that everyone thinks he’s a joke, as usual with Connor the self-inflicted wounds cut the deepest
CIARA IS DEFIANTLY A MAN AND ITS DISGUSTING MY CUZIN WAS THROWING UP FOR 2 WEEKSM YUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK PLEASE SIGN THIS B/C THATS JSUT HERENDOUZ

spix et chicho

Postby Spoilt Victorian Child » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:30 pm

The writers’ cruelty toward Connor is truly extraordinary.

Spoilt Victorian Child
ok

Postby defective » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:39 pm

Not that this really matters but has there been a better candidate in years for the SAG Best Ensemble award? There's basically ten main killer roles plus people like James Cromwell, Cherry Jones, David Rasche, Holly Hunter, Danny Huston, Eric Bogosian, Fisher Stevens, etc. Murderer's row.

defective

Postby Feech La Manna » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm

They need to bring back David Patrick Kelly as weirdo Logan Board Loyalist #2 in Season 3
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby badhat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:06 pm

its also interesting that theres hardly any of the HBO repertory players
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby manvstrees » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:25 am

just caught up o god
what lovely tv we have here, having this and lodge 49 is a godsend
((Stuffed is loved by old and young because this is where the puddings get sent in. Criss-cross paving and those tinkly hanging bells make ((Stuffed a very homely access to Hades. Full marks.

manvstrees

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:42 am

The line badhat posted may be my favorite in the show
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since

death is my amigo
ok

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:42 am

jarsilver wrote:I need a sails out nails out t shirt

Sails out nails out (pause) bro
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since

death is my amigo
ok

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:43 am

Culkin fuckin rules man. This whole cast just kicks ass

death is my amigo
ok

Postby LloydChristmas » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:13 am

What TV am I supposed to look forward to each week now?

LloydChristmas

Postby Cone » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 am

Wow this was great

Didn’t see that ending coming at all. When Kendall started his statement I was definitely thinking how strange it was that he was being so candid about him being chosen to “absorb the blame” rather than playing it as if he was solely responsible like Logan had told him to.

Couldn’t help but think there was a slight look of pride in Logan’s face in that final shot.
Toggle Spoiler

Cone

Postby RIXX » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:21 am

Cone wrote:Wow this was great

Didn’t see that ending coming at all. When Kendall started his statement I was definitely thinking how strange it was that he was being so candid about him being chosen to “absorb the blame” rather than playing it as if he was solely responsible like Logan had told him to.

Couldn’t help but think there was a slight look of pride in Logan’s face in that final shot.
Toggle Spoiler

i think that was intentional re: logan. It's a brilliant season finale cliffhanger move

I figured we'd get some variation of the ending after the Naomi conversation with Ken as she left. I really liked how they bookended the season too, with Karolina coaching Ken for a media statement in the premiere and finale and the whole season was how Ken mentally got from point A to point B in his head. Jeremy Strong gave a fucking incredible performance this whole season

RIXX

Postby Cone » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:23 am

Merciel wrote:Connor showing that video proudly ("I'm a meme!")

Yeah this made me smile. Seemed like such a self-aware moment for the show.

“The Conheads are loving this!”

Cone

Postby LloydChristmas » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:32 am

Toggle Spoiler

As it all sunk in after the episode, it was kinda clear that Logan deliberately pushed Kendall to do what he did.

Why else include the scene early on with the shareholders telling Logan it had to be him?

LloydChristmas

Postby Franco » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:48 am

Franco

Postby Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:35 am

oh whoa yeah that seals it

Marcus

Postby Cone » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:40 am

LloydChristmas wrote:

Toggle Spoiler

As it all sunk in after the episode, it was kinda clear that Logan deliberately pushed Kendall to do what he did.

Why else include the scene early on with the shareholders telling Logan it had to be him?

Yeah I had been thinking about this too. Like when Kendall had finally accepted his fate and just tearfully asked Logan if he had ever thought he could have been in charge one day and Logan wouldn’t even give him that small consolation. I like how both seasons have kind of ended with these emotional one on ones with Kendall and Logan.

Cone

Postby Cone » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:41 am

Franco wrote:pretty plainly laid out by Cox here
https://www.vulture.com/2019/10/succession-season-2-finale-brian-cox.html

Oh cool

Cone

Postby davideotape » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:06 am

am i the only one who kinda hates “it was all logans plan”?

feels really neat and corny
i agree with every take, good/bad/hot

davideotape

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:20 am

I mean the whole series is set up with the idea that logan wants one of his kids to step up and take over the company. Logan, being the man he is, won't just give it to them though, he needs someone vicious and unyielding to grab it from him. Kendall failed in his first attempt, Shiv and Roman aren't gonna do it, so Kendall is trying again. We'll see if it works.

tgk

Postby powderfinger » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:22 am

I think Logan genuinely meant to sacrifice Kendall in a doomed, last-ditch attempt to hold on to power himself. If blaming Kendall didn't work, he still had the option of stepping down himself to try to placate the shareholders. Even so, it still makes sense that he would be pleased with Kendall's turn.
Last edited by powderfinger on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

powderfinger

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:24 am

Yeah I definitely don't think logan was scheming this plan with kendall

tgk

Postby coop » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 am

hope Frank has a bigger role in season 3 :)

coop

Postby virtuous » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 am

It makes a little more sense if you think of it less as “Logan knew this would happen” and more of “Logan was testing Kendall and knew he would pass, and take over - or fail, and prove he wasn’t the one”

Logan knows Kendall can be a killer - he tried to “kill” Logan twice last season.
virtuous

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....