Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby powderfinger » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:32 am

They've heavily implied that Logan has been party to more than just a cover-up. There's also the Chekhov's gun of Roman's childhood sexual trauma that is plausibly related to this Moe character. Logan was not going to take the rap willingly.

powderfinger

Postby coop » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:38 am

do you guys think Logan is gonna leverage Kendall's driving accident death against him now?

coop

Postby Franco » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:41 am

logan is implicated in the cover-up

edit: that's more of a hunch than anything (that ken has made sure along the way to not be solely exposed), but regardless, it doesn't seem to be the direction it's headed

Franco

Postby Merciel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:54 am

I can't see what further mileage Logan would get out of playing on the crash. Which isn't to say that it might not come up if another character learns about it, or if Kendall's private guilt arc touches on a similar situation (as in the way he reacted to Logan's "NRPI" dismissal in the context of the cruise coverup), but I can't see Logan playing the coverup card in the same way anymore.

That reminds me though, I'm a little bummed we never found out how the kid's bereaved family reacted to getting a handful of cash shoved into their mail slot. I realize that narratively the point was Kendall's action and not their reaction, and it would have been a weaker show if we'd gotten derailed examining that, but I will always be a little wistful at not knowing that detail.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby The Emperor's Son » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:00 am

Merciel wrote:I can't see what further mileage Logan would get out of playing on the crash. Which isn't to say that it might not come up if another character learns about it, or if Kendall's private guilt arc touches on a similar situation (as in the way he reacted to Logan's "NRPI" dismissal in the context of the cruise coverup), but I can't see Logan playing the coverup card in the same way anymore.

That reminds me though, I'm a little bummed we never found out how the kid's bereaved family reacted to getting a handful of cash shoved into their mail slot. I realize that narratively the point was Kendall's action and not their reaction, and it would have been a weaker show if we'd gotten derailed examining that, but I will always be a little wistful at not knowing that detail.

I have a feeling it'll come back

the first season moved so quickly and I was worried that kind of pace was unsustainable, but season 2 was basically a reaction to s1 and its consequences (the board meeting for the takeover still hasn't even happened!), which I admire as so much of this type of television gets away without them.

as much as this show is about power and abuse, it's about the trauma that accrues and haunts constantly.

The Emperor's Son

Postby The Emperor's Son » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:02 am

but also, the money slipping was like the one time this season my bf and I yelled at the screen "wtf are you doing" because it was such a bad bad bad move that felt like a set-up for disaster

The Emperor's Son

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:04 am

I'm glad the whole "is someone paying off the whistleblower? is it ewan?" was never addressed and ultimately meant nothing.

tgk

Postby The Emperor's Son » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:06 am

maybe. again, this show and its characters keep receipts

The Emperor's Son

Postby Merciel » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:08 am

The Emperor's Son wrote:but also, the money slipping was like the one time this season my bf and I yelled at the screen "wtf are you doing" because it was such a bad bad bad move that felt like a set-up for disaster

YES EXACTLY.

I hope you're right. I'd really like to see what came of that.

Merciel
Hipinion Dog Lady

Postby Murgatroid » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:28 am

so if Logan was scheming to get Kendall to commit patricide, did he know about Greg's documents

Murgatroid

Postby pzadvance » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am

It doesn’t make sense for it to all have been Logan’s scheme, he doesn’t even bring up the “killer”/NRPIToggle Spoiler stuff until after Kendall, who was about to leave, turns back and asks him if he ever really thought he had what it takes. If Logan wanted things to turn out this way wouldn’t he have offered that info freely instead of relying on Kendall maybe/maybe not prompting it out of him?

pzadvance

Postby davideotape » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:52 am

yeah i can accept that it crossed logans mind that kendall might get some courage and find his spirit and that wouldnt be the worst thing in the world vs other alternatives, but to think it was his master plan coming together is just cringey
i agree with every take, good/bad/hot

davideotape

Postby badhat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:05 am

you dont need spoiler tags guys
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby pzadvance » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:24 am

pzadvance

Postby Marcus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:06 pm

hey badhat
thank you for the chickenToggle Spoiler

Marcus

Postby tgk » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:45 pm

tgk

Postby death is my amigo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Shiv and Tom discussion earlier

Shiv, who at first glance is the most put-together, knows her father will never take her seriously because of her gender, and has compensated by marrying Tom, the least intimidating, least secure man she could find, and making him a receptacle for her own cruel manipulations. (Tom, in turn, has recruited Greg for the same role).

from Klion’s review
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since

death is my amigo
ok

Postby The Emperor's Son » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:31 pm

shiv is the most anxious/vulnerable to feeling powerless

she stakes positions and is in relationships (a career outside of the family business, her marriage) that remove her from that fear.

The Emperor's Son

Postby endless dave » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:35 pm

I on Team Not-Planned by Logan because the opening scene is him being told that the only real head that will work is his. and then the weird magnanimous way he tells his family that news on the yacht is explicitly to get them to reject the move and stab themselves (and others). Because he's a stubborn, vain man who doesn't want things taken from him against his will just as much as he always wants to get what he wants. the scene with him screaming and losing his cool after being told the Pierce deal wasn't happening felt like the most telling of the season (especially with how legit charming they played him in others)

endless dave

Postby pana » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm

pana

Postby Lucky » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:20 pm

That was a great finale. Best show. Was going crazy at the end. Why do we have to wait another year for more of this :cry:

Think it was unplanned by Logan too. Just seems like the speech is gonna tank the shit out of the company stock, right

Really thought Logan was gonna go Tom, Greg and one of Gerri/Frank/Karl. Guess it's not as easy to kick them out without totally sidelining them from the show, though. Kendall makes most sense there.

Also I'd do whatever Sarah Snook wanted Image Tom ya nerd
katy perry pissing all over my diamond-encrusted crown as I sentence another peon to death

Lucky

Postby defective » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Ya know, a lot of people are saying I was Deadcatting.

defective

Postby Cone » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Looking forward to a lot of Karl sucking up to Roman/Kendall/not knowing whose ass he’s supposed to be kissing in general next season.

David Rasche just plays this kind of role so well.

Cone

Postby defective » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 pm

He's definitely the Veepiest of all the characters. Perfectly modulated to fit on either show.

defective

Postby badhat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:43 pm

anybody remember him on Sledge Hammer! (dirty harry parody tv show) in late 80s? its probly real dumb, but i loved that show and the s1 cliffhanger resolution shaped my sense of humor a lot.
There’s no path to a satisfying conclusion at this point.

badhat

Postby trigross » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Loved him in In The Loop

Linton Barwick : I can't stand to see a woman bleed from the mouth. It reminds me of that Country & Western music which I cannot abide.

trigross
our chow yun-fat

Postby davideotape » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:11 pm

sledge hammer ruled and tbh... db anyone???
i agree with every take, good/bad/hot

davideotape

Postby LloydChristmas » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 am

I don't think Logan planned it outright move for move. But I think he pushed Kendall in that direction deliberately.

I mean, Brian Cox says that was the intention. We've got to give some weight to that right? I'm sure he discussed his character's intention with Jesse before they filmed it.

LloydChristmas

Postby aububs » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:14 am

karl will always be sledge hammer to me
no buddy not really

aububs

Postby Franco » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:57 am

LloydChristmas wrote:I don't think Logan planned it outright move for move. But I think he pushed Kendall in that direction deliberately.

I mean, Brian Cox says that was the intention. We've got to give some weight to that right? I'm sure he discussed his character's intention with Jesse before they filmed it.

I think it was an acceptable outcome that was encouraged to the point of it being a dare.

Franco

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....