you ever feel like you're not cut out for texting culture?

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Ted Pikul » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:11 am

A Random Post I Remember was about 10 years ago, when someone mentioned communicating with their friends via text. The Board piled on them because the Hipinion consensus was that texting was a stupid fad. They defended themselves by saying "texting is like boarding in real life" but the Board was Not having it.
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby dvr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

ashtrayheart wrote:i felt this way when i was single. i don’t know if i was built to date in any particular era, but the era of texting and social media flirting in particular befuddled me to no end! i was so bad at it

Yeah, I think I dig myself a hole through texts.
dvr

Postby hoopdog » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 am

Ted Pikul wrote:A Random Post I Remember was about 10 years ago, when someone mentioned communicating with their friends via text. The Board piled on them because the Hipinion consensus was that texting was a stupid fad. They defended themselves by saying "texting is like boarding in real life" but the Board was Not having it.

It's kind of reassuring to know the board has been shitty at trend watching for this long
hoopdog
ride.

Postby mcwop23 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:18 am

does anyone else have group texts where you basically don’t ever text any of the people individually yet you’ll have full conversations to only one person in the chat?

I mainly do this with my dudes who i bought houses with. I think the only time we do a separate text with each other is like if there’s a specific human tragedy that happened but even then might as well just hash it out amongst everyone.
wendy wrote:
colin meloy doesn't need to die
mcwop23
bitchez ain't shit but pups and licks

Postby Kenny » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 am

Group Texts are just invitations to have me never read anything in them.
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

If you own me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Sobieski » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 am

Sometimes I think about all the time and energy I've spent texting or messaging people I know well and people I only know sort of well throughout the day, it's not like an insignificant amount
sm//o/ke le/ss weed
get more /sleep
always/ tip %20
Sobieski
Comptroller

Postby jarsilver » Sat May 11, 2019 11:50 am

how long after you've texted someone "hey how was your week?" before you've officially been Ghosted
jarsilver

Postby dvr » Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm

I'd say you need that reply by day 3
dvr

Postby jarsilver » Sun May 12, 2019 1:40 pm

cool, this sucks!
jarsilver

Postby dvr » Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Do you
1. take the hint and never talk to them again
2. slowly ease your way out of their life trying to brush off the fact they ignored you
3. "try to be a good friend"
dvr

Postby struttin' evil mushroom » Sun May 12, 2019 1:57 pm

to answer the op: yes, but take out the word 'texting'
struttin' evil mushroom

Postby chumpchange » Sun May 12, 2019 2:11 pm

dvr wrote:Do you
1. take the hint and never talk to them again
2. slowly ease your way out of their life trying to brush off the fact they ignored you
3. "try to be a good friend"

3., to no avail, followed by literal weeks of combing old texts and emails to figure out what i did
chumpchange

Postby mercenaries of slime » Sun May 12, 2019 2:24 pm

1 always
mercenaries of slime

Postby mercenaries of slime » Sun May 12, 2019 2:26 pm

used to be 3 but then i learned self-worth and boundaries
mercenaries of slime

Postby mercenaries of slime » Sun May 12, 2019 2:26 pm

although it depends on the friend, i guess
mercenaries of slime

Postby mercenaries of slime » Sun May 12, 2019 2:30 pm

it's taking 2 weeks now for my friend and i to set a date for when i'm supposed to come visit him, his wife and their new baby

mostly bc he replies once a week

and he was like this even before the baby

but i've known him since he was 16 and i know it's nothing personal, he just really sucks at replying
mercenaries of slime

Postby furrowed brow » Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm

There are people who are just really bad with remote communication. Like, I'll often go silent for weeks even not responding to my good friends if I'm depressed or something. Not to say this means you should keep trying, just that someone not responding to a text doesn't always mean that they've blown you off for good.
furrowed brow

Postby mercenaries of slime » Sun May 12, 2019 2:50 pm

furrowed brow wrote:There are people who are just really bad with remote communication. Like, I'll often go silent for weeks even not responding to my good friends if I'm depressed or something. Not to say this means you should keep trying, just that someone not responding to a text doesn't always mean that they've blown you off for good.

i agree

that being said, some people genuinely don't care enough about you or your feelings to spare you the anxiety of waiting to hear back from them

and they're not really worth hanging onto
mercenaries of slime

Postby furrowed brow » Sun May 12, 2019 2:57 pm

true
furrowed brow

Postby milknight » Sun May 12, 2019 3:03 pm

yeah one of my friends who lives far away responds at seemingly random intervals or will just text me out of nowhere at like 3am but shes always been like that so it doesnt bother me. i think it kinda depends on the type of relationship you have with them and the expectations. personally i think replying is pretty easy but sometimes u just dont have anything to say or you forget
milknight

Postby milknight » Sun May 12, 2019 3:05 pm

all the people im close with who are super bad at responding are also scattered and chaotic irl (dont mean that this is bad necessarily). its when the pattern changes that it bothers me i guess
milknight

Postby milknight » Sun May 12, 2019 3:06 pm

i think cutting someone out of your life for not replying a few times is extreme but maybe thats not what yall are talking about. idk why i made three posts sorry.
milknight

Postby Ted Pikul » Sun May 12, 2019 3:07 pm

I group texted my parents yesterday and my dad replied from my moms phone
loaf angel wrote:I love how Ted makes every thread as a testament to how fucking boring he is.

"I bought a new garden hose mk 2"
Ted Pikul
DARE.

Postby mercenaries of slime » Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm

milknight wrote:i think cutting someone out of your life for not replying a few times is extreme but maybe thats not what yall are talking about. idk why i made three posts sorry.

not cutting out exactly, but adjusting my effort level to theirs

for example if you ghost on plans with me without a decent explanation, i won't ask again, but i won't cut you out forever either

i will just assume you're lukewarm about our friendship until proven otherwise

i only fully cut out people if they've established a pattern of disregard for my feelings

maybe that's extreme i dunno!!
mercenaries of slime

Postby death is my amigo » Sun May 12, 2019 3:42 pm

i've realized what i don't like is typing with my thumbs. i'll text all fuckin day on iMessage on my laptop.

whooOOP
whooOOP
whoooOP

ding
whooOOP
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby death is my amigo » Sun May 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:A Random Post I Remember was about 10 years ago, when someone mentioned communicating with their friends via text. The Board piled on them because the Hipinion consensus was that texting was a stupid fad. They defended themselves by saying "texting is like boarding in real life" but the Board was Not having it.

that defense fuckin rules
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby churrokbyme » Sun May 12, 2019 7:58 pm

i recently turned off autocapitalization - striving vacuously to seem more “cool” and “with it”
churrokbyme

Postby hiddenicon » Sun May 12, 2019 8:24 pm

if i've yet to text even once in my life by 2020, does that mean i can't rsvp for the singularity?
hiddenicon

Postby honeypie » Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 pm

i call everyone and will only text in response to clients. some people have such bizarre stylistic quirks to their texting that it can be impossible to infer tone.

it's my least favorite mode of conversation and it's insane to me that people do it socially.
honeypie

Postby honeypie » Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 pm

Ted Pikul wrote:They defended themselves by saying "texting is like boarding in real life" but the Board was Not having it.

this is true i guess but in my experience it's more like you're trying to post and every other boarder is somehow pokethedoke
honeypie

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....