Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby kirito » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:36 am

Infinite Jost wrote:i finished playing RE4 again and i Just still can't believe how amazing it is, and it must have been like 100 plays since the Gamecube

it doesn't make sense
outside of the save/empty areas (which I think or to just calm down?) it's almost non-stop set pieces, like almost every room is amazing
nothing has come close to being this good, although I need to replay evil within 1 and play 2 for the first time because several sectinos in EW1 captured the RE4 vibe

i just willl never get over how good that game is
you know what i mean

the village, the village area with all the walkways, the truck, the ski-lift, playing as ashley, the cage you get stuck with a garrador, the dual garradors, the regeneradors, the el gigante, the dual el gigante, the salazar fight, the elevator to the salazar fight, the krauser cut scene, the actual krasuer boss fight (which is my favorite part, its like re/mgs) it's all just amazing

i'm drunk again sorry

i'm about to finish my Code Veronica replay and then do 5-6-7 and will be sober sometime and post more coherent thoughts
but Resident Evil as a hole deserves thread imo

i'm not a fan of that one marsh area with the raised wooden platforms and the chainsaw ladies and the trip mines. way too much stuff going on and way too easy to just run straight through, also can't see shit

kirito

Postby kirito » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:37 am

re4 controls are amazing wtf

kirito

Postby kirito » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:40 am

i hope everyone who played re7 did the end of zoe dlc. some of the most over the top absurd nonsense i've ever played

kirito

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:44 am

kirito wrote:
Infinite Jost wrote:i finished playing RE4 again and i Just still can't believe how amazing it is, and it must have been like 100 plays since the Gamecube

it doesn't make sense
outside of the save/empty areas (which I think or to just calm down?) it's almost non-stop set pieces, like almost every room is amazing
nothing has come close to being this good, although I need to replay evil within 1 and play 2 for the first time because several sectinos in EW1 captured the RE4 vibe

i just willl never get over how good that game is
you know what i mean

the village, the village area with all the walkways, the truck, the ski-lift, playing as ashley, the cage you get stuck with a garrador, the dual garradors, the regeneradors, the el gigante, the dual el gigante, the salazar fight, the elevator to the salazar fight, the krauser cut scene, the actual krasuer boss fight (which is my favorite part, its like re/mgs) it's all just amazing

i'm drunk again sorry

i'm about to finish my Code Veronica replay and then do 5-6-7 and will be sober sometime and post more coherent thoughts
but Resident Evil as a hole deserves thread imo

i'm not a fan of that one marsh area with the raised wooden platforms and the chainsaw ladies and the trip mines. way too much stuff going on and way too easy to just run straight through, also can't see shit

this is dumb cause i just replayed it

but do you mean the area with the constant stream of Ganados where you can pick an alternate route where you fight al El Gigante?

I neveer had a problem with it

wait I don't think there was a marsh area there...i remember a swamp just before Del Lago but I always basically ran through it since you don't need ammo, just the harpoons on the board for DL

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:01 am

do you think god hand will be remastered/remade or should i just get a used copy on ebay/amazon

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:19 am

ihateoutdoors wrote:minor character rankings [OFFICIAL]

1. Mike the chopper pilot
2. everyone else

Hunnigan rules

mike has like 3 lines
his firepower rules, but like...he should be able to take out every Ganado standing in your way almost immediately and they nerfed him for gameplay purposes

Hunnigan just rules in both games, and she looks cute without her glasses (and with them... :) )

Infinite Jost

Postby Esteban » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:54 am

I haven't played 7, the demo seemed ok but didn't do it for me, am I really missing out?

Esteban

Postby ihateoutdoors » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:58 am

Hunnigan does rule. I love all the characters in 4, but Mike is just the ultimate bro. SPOILERS:

we're gonna get that beer in heaven, bro :cry:
Toggle Spoiler

*stop the video at 3:16 to avoid weird alt right nonsense at the very end
Last edited by ihateoutdoors on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ihateoutdoors

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:03 am

drinks are on me

i know a god bah

*gets murdered by rocket launcher*

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:04 am

i like how in my initial gameplays io had been hit dead on by multiple rocket launmchers without dying

poor mike

he didn't by the tactical vest from the merchent
ehhehheheh

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 am

fuxk IHO

i don't even wanna know that the alt-right redpill crowd has adopted RE4

Infinite Jost

Postby ihateoutdoors » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:08 am

Leon is volcel in the classic Solid Snake mold, not incel like those losers

ihateoutdoors

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:11 am

Leon and Ada have this...unspoken thing and I hope they wind up together after she stops being a mercenary/spy

Infinite Jost

Postby figaro » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 am

the thing that always makes me lol the most in RE4 is when you get chased by the giant Salazar statue

figaro

Postby internethandle » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:35 am

i was excited about the re2 remake because i didn't know it was happening until this thread but the youtube i watched of gameplay looked pretty bland/just ok imo

internethandle
ok

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:27 pm

internethandle wrote:i was excited about the re2 remake because i didn't know it was happening until this thread but the youtube i watched of gameplay looked pretty bland/just ok imo

to me it looks kind of like the opening of the Leon playthrough in RE6 which I loved
it looks like it's going for a balance of the post RE4 and pre RE4 styles and if they pull it off it should be great

i was hoping for a straight REmake2 but it still looks pretty good and i have faith in this series

i mean, i loved re6 and i swear i'll type out my huge defense one day and i'm sure i'll love re7 and the revelations games which i really should get too already

Infinite Jost

Postby warmjets » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:46 pm

RE4 is one of my favorites of all time. Never got into any of the others

Really hope they port it to Switch. I will die.

warmjets

Postby Infinite Jost » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:22 pm

warmjets wrote:Never got into any of the others

Here come the hot takes!

Infinite Jost

Postby chairkicker » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:53 pm

figaro wrote:the thing that always makes me lol the most in RE4 is when you get chased by the giant Salazar statue

just so it can break the bridge back to safety and trap you in a clockwork tower full of dynamite dudes until you lower the drawbridge to two garradors

chairkicker

Postby murray st. » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:54 pm

i know this isn't what this thread is about but i love these silly-ass movies

murray st.

Postby chairkicker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:04 am

chairkicker wrote:
figaro wrote:the thing that always makes me lol the most in RE4 is when you get chased by the giant Salazar statue

just so it can break the bridge back to safety and trap you in a clockwork tower full of dynamite dudes until you lower the drawbridge to two garradors

oh shit i'm wrong about these two areas connecting, fucking christ

it's still hilarious and amazing, though

chairkicker

Postby Infinite Jost » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:14 am

it's stilll fun how you open the door and it stops moving and then when you're outside it starts up again and chases you

love this ridiculous game

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:15 am

chairkicker how do you feel aboutr 5/6 and the revelations games

i don't think i've ever seen you drop some knowledge regarding them

Infinite Jost

Postby chairkicker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 am

but in the process of finding out i was wrong i learned it's possible to shoot down the novistador hiveToggle Spoiler. i've run through this game at least 10 times and i never knew about that. but then again why would i when i can't even remember what areas connect to each other?

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:30 am

i love a lot about re5. i hate that it's such a retread and so designed for co-op. and i hate its stereotypical use of africa especially when all that daylight dread they talked up could've been so good. i've gone through it like five times

i've tried to get through re6 so many times that i'm convinced i hate it, but i've only really touched the first couple leon chapters and then a big chunk of chris' campaign. the chris campaign is so poorly designed that i don't know if i can go back, but you're making me want to go back

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:31 am

revelations is too easy but it's a pretty good time

revelations 2 i've yet to finish

chairkicker

Postby Infinite Jost » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 am

i only really stan for the initial leon chapters because they feel so much like a mix between re4/original RE and the Ada chapters

and the Sherry chapters, but mostly because the Sherry/Jake chapters have a Nemesis type enemy and Sherry has a cattle prod weapon which is real satisfying to use

Infinite Jost

Postby chairkicker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:37 am

i'm so sick right now so i'm not thinking clearly but we seem to share a similar place in our hearts for code veronica. it's so weirdly good despite the obvious problems. and there's this amazingly pulp sense of place in there

chairkicker

Postby Architecture » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:45 am

Code Veronica was a huge step up in terms of game quality if not storytelling. The fully polygonal environment had a lot to do with it. The game looked amazing at the time.
try the data then reply

Architecture
ok

Postby Infinite Jost » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:00 am

i sort of like

this won't make sense

but i agree and disagree

just because in both RE and FF and other games I miss rendered backgrounds

i want to see a new AAA (or at least major studio) game with fully pre-rendered hi-res backgrounds agaon sometimes

to go back to REmake as an example, outside of some cutscenes if you play the HD version it really truly looks like it could have been made in 2018 let alone being a remaster of a game from 2001

Infinite Jost

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....