Postby kirito » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:17 am

revelations 2 is a blast if you have a buddy on the couch with you

kirito

Postby Architecture » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:31 am

Infinite Jost wrote:i sort of like

this won't make sense

but i agree and disagree

just because in both RE and FF and other games I miss rendered backgrounds

i want to see a new AAA (or at least major studio) game with fully pre-rendered hi-res backgrounds agaon sometimes

to go back to REmake as an example, outside of some cutscenes if you play the HD version it really truly looks like it could have been made in 2018 let alone being a remaster of a game from 2001

The pre-rendered aesthetic was certainly core to the first couple of games, but it made them more difficult to play in a way I don't find fun anymore. There was a weightless to the characters against the background that felt skatey and wrong, and not just because of "tank controls." It was better in REMake, but the deliberate feel & weight of 4 is one of the reasons it endures, imo.
try the data then reply

Architecture
ok

Postby Esteban » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:25 am

Esteban

Postby Hugh » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 am

God this re2 remake is going to be fucking incredible

Hugh

Postby Infinite Jost » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:00 pm

not digging Ada's new look but graphics and gameplay still look TIGHT so I'm still all in

Infinite Jost

Postby sympathy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Cant wait to develop some film

sympathy
ok

Postby figaro » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:17 pm

getting really close to the release of the RE2 remake and they're gonna put out the demo for it in like 10 days

:awful:

figaro

Postby jack » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:18 pm

i'm playing re7 in vr right now and its probably the most stressed out i've been while gaming. don't know why i'm doing this to myself.

jack

Postby antoine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Was bored and started playing RE4 for dolphin emulator for shits and giggles and now I'm like 20 hours in lol. Had never played it before. (Haven't played games really since maybe like high school). Really fun game tho some parts are frustrating. I think that's just part of the experience tho. Might try RE7 after I finish 4.

antoine

Postby warmjets » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Need RE4 on the switch. A top 5 game for me

warmjets

Postby Infinite Jost » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:39 pm

I don't know how I'm going to handle VII when I get around it because I tried the 2 remake demo and including finish it because I was fucking horrified

I think I kept trying to play it like 4 because like, I'm playing as Leon with the OTS perspective and nothing was working

They take so many damn headshots
I tried kneecapping them to knock them down and that barely helped

I'm assuming the best course of action is to just run by them but that stresses me out too

Plus the knife has limited uses which gives me more anxiety than anything else in the games in this series I've played so far
The good old knife is supposed to always be there for you :(

Infinite Jost

Postby Infinite Jost » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 pm

So basically I'm gonna order 100 pills of etizolam to try and actually get through those two

Infinite Jost

Postby Peptobysmal » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:51 pm

I posted this in the videogame thread all ready but I replayed RE4 and finished (for the first time!) Resident Evil HD.

RE4 was the first resident evil I loved (I had RE2 for the PC in '97, '98, but I was really young and it was too hard for me to get into it).

My biggest takeaway from REHD is that it's remarkable to me that there are people that played and beat it without relying on guides/walkthrough. I think I used a guide for like...90% of it. I felt like I cheated myself but a lot of those puzzles seemed super inscrutable to me (especially the slide filter/code door reader puzzle wtf) and Also it seems like it would be really easy to miss all sorts of major items because of the camera angles or whatever. Also the knife felt pretty wimpy in REHD.

Really cool game though. Think I'm gonna do a Chris playthrough on hard after RE2 comes out.

Still haven't played 3, code veronica or the revelations stuff. Loved 7

Peptobysmal

Postby figaro » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 pm

RE2 remake demo didn't scare me much at all even though the atmosphere is way darker than the original..... I guess because of the way it plays and the fact the demo gave you alot of ammo and stuff.

the VII demo was too much for me and I still have yet to attempt that game...maybe soon though cause its cheap now.

to get pumped for the 2 remake I played through OG last week (both Leon and Claire A/Bs) and also just finished up CV for the first time since it came out over the weekend....I totally forgot about like the entire 2nd half of the game w/ Chris. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would coming back to it though the obvious transphobia stuff was bad and Steve was bad, etc. I feel like it would have aged better had they stayed with the classic pre-rendered backgrounds and not moved to the full 3d environments even though I remember them being amazing at the time and all.

figaro

Postby antoine » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:24 am

Just beat the RE2 remake with Leon. Game was shorter than i expected...is it worth playing the Claire story? How different is it?

antoine

Postby figaro » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:57 am

yeah...especially if you're doing the 2nd run....you'll be able to fly through it. plays slightly differently, she encounters a couple of characters you don't in Leons and you get the true ending. they didn't do as cool of stuff with the different scenarios as the original but its fine.

i love repeatedly playing through this game trying to get better times just like the original. its designed so well.

figaro

Postby chairkicker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:23 am

yeah, it's absolutely worth playing claire's story. do her 2nd run first but also do her first run, as she obviously has a different intro than leon, different interactions with marvin and an altered interaction with leon when she meets him at the fence

chairkicker

Postby chairkicker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:45 pm

go for the knees, stuntman

chairkicker

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm

sucks cause 7 is supposedly really good but i have SUCH a hard time getting into first-person games
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby chairkicker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:16 pm

why?

chairkicker

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 pm

i dunno! something about it always feels "off" for me. i know some people find it more immersive but i feel more like i'm just moving a camera around with a gun attached to it, as opposed to something like DkS or MGS or like RE4 where i FEEL like i'm the guy and i'm moving myself? i dunno i'm probably just weird haha. i wanna SEE my dude!

like i LOVE super metroid but couldn't get into Prime, and i liked Alien Isolation in theory but didn't really enjoy it. and those vids of the 3rd-person initial demos of it bummed me out, cause I would have much preferred that.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby figaro » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 pm

whew. just got an S+ rank with Claire on hardcore by the nose....2 hours and 25 minutes. my routing was a little whack and I probably grabbed too much shit. think I could probably do it sub 2 with some clean up and watching some of these crazy people out there doing 1 hour hardcore runs. gonna try Leon next but that'll probably be tougher because of the shotgun and no grenade launcher.

figaro

Postby figaro » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:43 pm

I think I've got it down where I could get all the way to birkin 2 before burning my 1st save but I know there are a couple areas that will fuck me trying to go fast with Leon...when you have to go back to the hall to use the club key to get the tool for the library and getting to the 2 chess pieces in the sewers past the blob guys.

anyways I love playing this game.

figaro

Postby ahungbunny » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:46 am

re7 was good enough to save a dying franchise and re2.2 makes zombies scary again, two things i didn't think were possible. seems like capcom finally understands how to mix gameplay and horror and i'm looking forward to the next original release

ahungbunny

Postby chairkicker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:33 pm

i'm all in for the capcom renaissance in general. i really fucking hope they take dead rising back the drawing board

chairkicker

Postby antoine » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 pm

I did a little of the claire 2nd run and wasn't really feeling it....but I bought 7 last night. Hope its good.

antoine

Postby chairkicker » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 pm

with RE2make i kinda think they've cemented themselves as the best third party developer ever. konami got close at one point but they're dead in the water so fucking long live capcom

chairkicker

Postby figaro » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 pm

I realized I have never played 0 so I'm going to play that next while I'm still on this RE high...then after that I think I'll finally give 7 a whirl. My friend said he'll let my borrow his Vive but I don't know if I could handle it in VR at all.

figaro

Postby shame dawg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Just unlocked 4th survivor - any tips?

This is the easily the most fun I’ve had on PS4 in a long time

shame dawg

Postby antoine » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:55 pm

figaro wrote:I realized I have never played 0 so I'm going to play that next while I'm still on this RE high...then after that I think I'll finally give 7 a whirl. My friend said he'll let my borrow his Vive but I don't know if I could handle it in VR at all.

I beat 7 last night lol. It's really good. I think I prefer it over the re2 remake tbh. It's a little longer and the story is more involving/interesting imo. The last two locales/areas of the game are kinda out of nowhere when I was expecting it to be over after the one part and they're really impressive and cool. Theres a lot different and cool ideas for the series.

antoine

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....