Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby antoine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:24 pm

I got a C too I think. I'm not too into video games judging my performance tbh. Sorry I'm not PERFECT capcom.

antoine

Postby Clive » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Only ever played 2 on the N64 like 20 years ago, and then 4 on the GC like 14 years ago (will def get it on the switch, whenever it comes out...), and definitely feeling the itch to play one of these, but only got a switch. Are the two Revelations ones any good?

Clive

Postby kirito » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:35 pm

revelations 1 has some cool parts but is too easy, revelations 2 is a blast especially if you have a couch co op partner

kirito

Postby Bad Craziness » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:03 am

Bad Craziness

Postby chairkicker » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:41 pm

i don't understand how re6 got made. the gun shop encounter early in leon's campaign is some of the most broken shit i've ever played

chairkicker

Postby milknight » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:51 pm

chairkicker wrote:with RE2make i kinda think they've cemented themselves as the best third party developer ever. konami got close at one point but they're dead in the water so fucking long live capcom

they make monster hunter too i think theyre at least in the discussion

milknight

Postby ahungbunny » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:43 am

man all the survivor modes seem incredibly difficult to me

ahungbunny

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 pm

replaying 4 for the first time in forever. just got all the bottle caps lol. i think i'm near the end of an older save so i might still just jump into a fresh replay with the RE2 outfit or whatev

i remember spending SO many hours in Mercenaries back in the day on ps2. i think i was like, trying to get some perfect score with wesker or whatever,, like 100% whatever achievements you could get and I was getting so frustrated. maybe it was krauser on some docks level on hard? looking forward to getting to that haha.
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby antoine » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:39 pm

So since I got an Xbox one for cheap I have beaten 4, 7, and the 2 remake. I got 3 months of game pass for $1 and re5 was on there so I thought what the hell. I'm almost through the story mode and I've enjoyed it for the most part but I can't quite put my finger on why I don't like it as much as 4 or 7. It's basically a rehash of 4 but in a different environment. I dunno, it feels more generic I guess. Kinda uninspired compared to the others and it isn't scary. Whatever it was basically free to play and sucked me in enough to get through it but it doesn't stand up to those other games. Also the ai for sheva is annoying af. Also not sure why they didn't keep the inventory system from 4 cause it's hella annoying in this one dealing with just the 9 spaces + sheva.

antoine

Postby Esteban » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:47 pm

They won't stop forcing this huh

Esteban

Postby housesitter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:32 pm

while the execution of the tyrant in re2make definitely rules, "big guy with no real monster characteristics in a trenchcoat punches or chokes you" is limited relative to the otherwise cool creature design in RE and really not a well they need to draw from again
mcwop23 wrote:goddamnit, how am I being a terrible person now?

housesitter
ok

Postby goofy's dead wife » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 am

definitely. the nemesis/tyrant concept is seriously my favorite mechanic in maybe any videogame but there's no question that it could be a lot more varied.
"I want to have a wedding that's shunned by society. I want to have a baby everyone disapproves of. I want to get nastier and nastier. I love that he accepts everything about me, no matter how far I stray off the proper path of a human being"

goofy's dead wife

Postby figaro » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:06 am

if they do a 3rmake and its anywhere close to how good this one was i will be overjoyed

figaro

Postby goofy's dead wife » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:11 am

yeah for sure. re3 is my underdog pick for best game in the series despite not being as full featured as any of the remakes or 4. it's just so perfectly byte sized and perfect for speedrunning on top of how much i love the nemesis.
"I want to have a wedding that's shunned by society. I want to have a baby everyone disapproves of. I want to get nastier and nastier. I love that he accepts everything about me, no matter how far I stray off the proper path of a human being"

goofy's dead wife

Postby Rainbow Battle Kid » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:39 am

picked up my save of REmake, and promptly realized that i had stopped because i was at the fucking shark part and that shit terrifies me

it's nuts how good this game still looks. it's weird that it was only 6 years after the original, and that it's been like 17 years since the remake came out lol
Much Honoured Lord Nefarious wrote:rainbow battle kid you can kindly get the FUCK out of this thread while the adults have actual STAR WARS discussions.

Rainbow Battle Kid

Postby Seamus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 am

Started the RE2 remake but had to stop because of the It Follows guy :oops:
Raise. Hell. All. Summer. Long.

Seamus

Postby warmjets » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:48 am

totally forgot about the RE4 switch port. need to grab that.

warmjets

Postby kirito » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Rainbow Battle Kid wrote:picked up my save of REmake, and promptly realized that i had stopped because i was at the fucking shark part and that shit terrifies me

it's nuts how good this game still looks. it's weird that it was only 6 years after the original, and that it's been like 17 years since the remake came out lol

one of the best looking games ever. probably the best use of prerendered backgrounds in any game

kirito

Postby Tar Pit » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:58 pm

I want to replay REmake, but I have some weird phobia of encountering Lisa Trevor. What a great addition to the game.

After looking at screenshots and video of the remaster, I kinda wanna stick to playing the GCN/Wii version on an old CRT like god intended. Something about the original prerendered backgrounds appeals to me more.
Last edited by Tar Pit on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tar Pit

Postby figaro » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:58 pm

I have this dumb halloween tradition where if I'm not going to be around to hand out candy I do the putting the bowl out on the porch with a sign thing and have a compilation of the save room themes on a loop just audible enough

figaro

Postby chairkicker » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Tar Pit wrote:I want to replay REmake, but I have some weird phobia of encountering Lisa Trevor. What a great addition to the game.

After looking at screenshots and video of the remaster, I kinda wanna stick to playing the GCN/Wii version on an old CRT like god intended. Something about the original prerendered backgrounds appeals to me more.

it's still the same old backgrounds. they processed them a little more than i think they needed to in the hopes of sorta "uprezzing" them but they're largely untouched otherwise. the coffin room got a 3d facelift because they felt like the video that made up the original background was too low res but it's the only one. game looks fucking great

chairkicker

Postby figaro » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:17 pm

is there a good resource on all the artwork theyve used as assets in some of these games?

I've always just loved seeing like caravaggios and stuff in spencer in mansion.

figaro

Postby warmjets » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:06 am

forgot how tough that first village ambush can be in RE4. took me a few tries! love this game

warmjets

Postby warmjets » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:06 am

LORD SADLERRRR

*dies*

warmjets

Postby warmjets » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Man I have been conservative as hell with ammo but I'm at the part in the castle with like 50 dudes and I am fucked. What the hell.

warmjets

Postby figaro » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:51 pm

I have the strongest urge to play through REmake this week

figaro

Postby Locke » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:24 am

I've played through 4 like ten times and i started it on switch the other day and i still don't understand how the game gauges your difficulty level. I'm through chapter two without dying and hovering around 80% hit ratio but i dunno if that's because the game's dumbing itself down.

the cabin encounter seemed too easy. red9 forever.

Locke

Postby warmjets » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:53 am

i somehow got through that castle part with the little ammo i had. most of the fuckers dropped pesetas instead of ammo, which made it even more difficult

I'm now just past stupid ass hedge maze with zombie dogs and met up with Ada

this game rules

warmjets

Postby Gussie Fink-Nottle » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:54 pm

That hedge maze with the colmillos is probably my least favourite part of the game because rounding a corner and having one of those things bust through a gate and pin you to the ground makes me jump every time. I usually try and snipe them from a bridge whenever possible so I don't have to go toe to toe with them and shotgun them out of the air.

Really want to replay RE4 now actually. If I get a Switch should I get the 4/5/6 bundle or is it best to avoid 5 and 6 entirely?
It is mating season for the pterosaurs, and this well-endowed male wants YOU to fly with him.

Gussie Fink-Nottle

Postby warmjets » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Yeah I hate that hedge maze!

warmjets

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....