Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby loaf angel » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:43 am

i have to really thank facebook for their UI overhaul and making it easy for me to just dump my account entirely. site is absolutely unusable
goldsoundz wrote:i'd bang that moron

loaf angel

Postby polybius » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:45 am

god i thought it was just me lmao
  
Image      Image Image Image Image

polybius

Postby polybius » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:45 am

dbl
  

polybius

Postby Bad Craziness » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:45 pm

Facebook is still interesting to me as an anthropological exercise. I had to start blocking the "high school classmates going MAGA/Blue Lives Matter" crowd for my own sanity, but I'm still friends and mutuals with a sizable sampling of the social climbing hippie set of Southern and Northern California, which is currently being torn apart by the antics of Qanon, JP Sears, and Miki Willis the Plandemic guy

for instance, my latest post from this thread was lifted from a facebook post from a very upsetting individual who is caught up in the "I am an angel of light at the center of a war against the forces of darkness. gaze into my round black empty eyes as I stare into my facetime camera for three minutes to softly and sweetly wail about the censorship of my posts trying to expose the child trafficking" bad trip

https://forums.hipinion.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122024&start=240

Bad Craziness

Postby polybius » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:43 pm

christ almighty i hate this stupid ass website
  

polybius

Postby loaf angel » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:09 pm

fuck this stupid fucking company

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/kenosha-militia-facebook-reported-455-times-moderators

In a companywide meeting on Thursday, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that a militia page advocating for followers to bring weapons to an upcoming protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, remained on the platform because of “an operational mistake.” The page and an associated event inspired widespread criticism of the company after a 17-year-old suspect allegedly shot and killed two protesters Tuesday night.

The event associated with the Kenosha Guard page, however, was flagged to Facebook at least 455 times after its creation, according to an internal report viewed by BuzzFeed News, and had been cleared by four moderators, all of whom deemed it “non-violating.” The page and event were eventually removed from the platform on Wednesday — several hours after the shooting.

“To put that number into perspective, it made up 66% of all event reports that day,” one Facebook worker wrote in the internal “Violence and Incitement Working Group” to illustrate the number of complaints the company had received about the event.

BuzzFeed News could not verify the content on the militia page or its associated event because they had been removed from the platform. A previous story from the Verge noted that the page had issued a “call to arms” and hosted a number of commenters advocating for violence in Kenosha following the police shooting of 29-year-old Black man Jacob Blake.

A Facebook spokesperson declined to comment.

The internal report seen by BuzzFeed News reveals the extent to which concerned Facebook users went to warn the company of a group calling for public violence, and how the company failed to act. “The event is highly unusual in retrospect,” reads the report, which notes that the next highest event for the day had been flagged 18 times by users compared to the 455 times of the Kenosha Guard event.

After militia gathered in Kenosha on Tuesday night, a 17-year-old with a rifle allegedly killed two protesters. Facebook has maintained that the suspect, whose Facebook and Instagram profiles were taken down after the incident, had no direct connection with the Kenosha Guard page or event.

During Facebook’s Thursday all-hands meeting, Zuckerberg said that the images from Wisconsin were “painful and really discouraging,” before acknowledging that the company had made a mistake in not taking the Kenosha Guard page and event down sooner. The page had violated Facebook’s new rules introduced last week that labeled militia and QAnon groups as “Dangerous Individuals and Organizations” for their celebrations of violence.

The company did not catch the page despite user reports, Zuckerberg said, because the complaints had been sent to content moderation contractors who were not versed in “how certain militias” operate. “On second review, doing it more sensitively, the team that was responsible for dangerous organizations recognized that this violated the policies and we took it down.”

During the talk, Facebook employees hammered Zuckerberg for continuing to allow the spread of hatred on the platform.

“At what point do we take responsibility for enabling hate filled bile to spread across our services?” wrote one employee. “[A]nti semitism, conspiracy, and white supremacy reeks across our services.”

The internal report seen by BuzzFeed News sheds more light on Facebook’s failure.

“Organizers… advocated for attendees to bring weapons to an event in the event description,” the internal report reads. “There are multiple news articles about our delay in taking down the event.”

In addition to the four manual reviews that determined the Kenosha Guard page to be non-violative, the Facebook report also noted a number of reviews that “were handled by automation” had reached the same conclusion. As part of a proposed change, the Facebook employee writing the report said that the company should monitor spikes in feedback reports for events and “trigger investigation immediately given this has proved to be a good signal for imminent harm.”

The report seems to acknowledge that Facebook was late to act.

“This post provides more details around what happened and changes we are making to detect and investigate similar events sooner,” the worker wrote. “This is a sobering reminder of the importance of the work we do, especially during this charged period.”

loaf angel

Postby polybius » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:35 am

man i dont know why we're not just calling a spade a spade and saying zuckerberg's a trump supporter, because that's clearly what he is and he ran out of plausible deniability excuses a long time ago
  

polybius

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:42 am

Seriously. The dude is so fucking terrible.
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I'm not a player I just crush a lot. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby This Guy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:00 am

Facebook fucking sucks

This Guy

Postby Kenny » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:13 am

I also saw a picture of my mom in a Trump 2020 shirt after I thought I'd talked her down from it, so that's funnnn
[PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT]

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.

I'm not a player I just crush a lot. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby Cool Ranch Zorb » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:34 am

Let's convince Tom to make MySpace a social media site again

Cool Ranch Zorb

Postby Big Oil » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:09 pm

simply love to connect and share

Big Oil

Postby Big Oil » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm

look at all this connection!

Big Oil

Postby polybius » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:58 pm

this country blows man
  

polybius

Postby light rail coyote » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:06 pm

just wait until the chuds realize that they can blame homeless campers

light rail coyote

Postby brent » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:49 pm

i have no idea if the 'facebook daily top 10' twitter thing is accurate but it's pretty wild

brent

Postby husbands » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm

it is accurate in terms of engagements (likes, comments, shares) for all posts in the US with links

the ideal would probably be impressions or clicks, though - and that is not available in the tool kevin uses
ROLL COAL

husbands

Postby Big Oil » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:15 pm

brent wrote:i have no idea if the 'facebook daily top 10' twitter thing is accurate but it's pretty wild

it's data from CrowdTangle, which is Facebook's own (acquired) data and metrics operation, so yeah it's accurate. it was pretty funny when one of their PR flacks tried to downplay those top-10 lists (from a Facebook-owned company that was purchased to measure and publicize engagement on Facebook) as not representing true engagement on Facebook.

Big Oil

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:09 pm

good platform
badhat wrote:bike solve all problems

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby loaf angel » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:30 pm

https://loudwire.com/facebook-rule-change-bands-livestream-show-delete-account/

Effective October 1, Facebook is taking steps to limit the ability of bands to promote videos that will "create a music listening experience for yourself or for others." This also extends to Facebook Live, which has been an especially popular avenue for livestreamed concerts in the pandemic era.

The language is quite ambiguous as to what constitutes a "listening experience for yourself or for others" in relation to videos, likely encompassing a large swath of music entertainment posts. The rule claims this is done because "we want you to be able to enjoy videos posted by family and friends" as the social media platform places increasing emphasis on these values.

terrible site

loaf angel

Postby polybius » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:56 pm

"we want you to enjoy connecting with friends and family who have all but been totally indoctrinated into believing qanon content that is shared on our Totally Not Fascism-Promoting Platform"
  

polybius

Postby polybius » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 pm

between the redesign and the user-hostile decision making they're doing as of late they're really making it easier and easier to avoid visiting fb altogether lol
  

polybius

Postby Cool Ranch Zorb » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:15 pm

I don't understand what that is

Cool Ranch Zorb

Postby saranclaps » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:18 pm

I would guess it's a copyright thing?
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening

saranclaps

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:39 pm

congrats dude

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:40 pm

Alum: @HouseMajPAC, @SenatorBoxer, @DCCC, @RepMcNerney

lmao

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby palmer eldritch » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:30 pm

man the legacy of barbara boxer is hell

and she was the good one!

palmer eldritch

Postby Feech La Manna » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:38 pm

sometimes I legit wonder if a dude like that has indoctrinated himself to the point of genuinely believing "we can't really exert THAT much control over our platform, because reasons" or if he literally sleeps on piles of cash to make himself feel better about it

Feech La Manna
noir as fuck

Postby ecto » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 pm

I'm 15 and want to be a part of this friend now. What can I do? (self.LazerBlade)
submitted 3 minutes ago by LazerBlade_Teen

ecto

Postby snuggle » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:47 am

Anyone watch the new Netflix doc on the social media peril society is in?

It's mostly a bunch of former designers hand wringing and in the end say "we all need to change" aka overthrow the addictive billion dollar tech industry so that we can avoid civil war lol.

It was an hour and a half of describing how we are manipulated and then a minute and a half at the end where they were like "we all have the power and the choices" lool maybe the 1% who are smart enough to delete, the rest NEVER will and we all are stuck with the consequences of their shit stained rabbit holes they drag themselves down 24/7

snuggle

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....