Disney/Pixar remakes and sequels

Health insurance rip off lying FDA big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby madness and chaos » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:45 am

shut up
Roberto Bolaño's chair
User avatar

madness and chaos
 
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm
Location: be careful what you digest

Postby madness and chaos » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:46 am

bad timing

we don't stand for lion king shit talkers around these parts
Roberto Bolaño's chair
User avatar

madness and chaos
 
Posts: 4935
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm
Location: be careful what you digest

Postby my piano » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:49 am

dont worry there isn't enough of a movie there for me to criticize
loss and gain
User avatar

my piano
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Postby my piano » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:58 am

it is pretty convenient though to use animals as your cast for your africa locale, that way you don't have to have any black characters
loss and gain
User avatar

my piano
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Postby Franco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:17 am

madness and chaos wrote:I need a heart-wrenching one


Hachi
User avatar

Franco
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:44 am

for some reason when I saw that picture of the cast release a year ago or whatever, I thought live action meant it would be like, with people and not animals

I guess like the broadway show? I don't know what I was thinking. I guess it'd just be Hamlet then. This looks completely pointless though
User avatar

OLD SAINT RIXX
 
Posts: 10331
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: nonchalant

Postby tgk » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:14 am

feels like a squandered opportunity to make an incredibly funny comedy considering they got glover rogen eichner and keegan michael key in this.
User avatar

tgk
 
Posts: 40210
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:45 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby grammatron » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:17 am

Maybe it is a funny comedy?
User avatar

grammatron
 
Posts: 56379
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: C-17

Postby Franco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:19 am

If anybody could turn fratricide into a laugh a minute it’s those guys
User avatar

Franco
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

Postby Debbie » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:04 pm

grammatron wrote:Maybe it is a funny comedy?


The funny comedy is they expect anyone to take this shit seriously and buy a ticket!
User avatar

Debbie
 
Posts: 4061
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Postby Eyeball Kid » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:27 pm

User avatar

Eyeball Kid
 
Posts: 31399
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:17 pm

Postby internetfriend » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:31 pm

i wonder if this will be a famous historical nightmare
iambic wrote:no don't make those posts

Zarathustra wrote:"I am a libertarian at the global level, conservative at country level, centrist at city level, socialist in my neighbourhood level, communist in my family"
User avatar

internetfriend
pubg survivalist
 
Posts: 29993
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm
Location: jikan desu!

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:33 pm

did we have a thread for Disney's Aladdin (2019) too?

User avatar

OLD SAINT RIXX
 
Posts: 10331
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: nonchalant

Postby Marza » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:46 pm

There are more movies coming out than ever before, what does it matter if the high budget ones are cash grabs? It doesn't detract from how much I enjoy the original movies.

Like everyone hates the mouse for manipulating/writing IP law for the last 50 years, but wouldn't this kind of high-budget re-imagination be the best outcome we'd be hoping for if Aladdin/TLK was up for grabs by anyone?
User avatar

Marza
 
Posts: 2990
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Postby incoherent grunting » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Did zazu get written out of the remake?
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
User avatar

incoherent grunting
 
Posts: 9559
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:21 pm
Location: life's a beach

Postby scrambled » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:03 pm



ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
User avatar

scrambled
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am

Postby incoherent grunting » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:06 pm

MacBeth?
"let's get psychic not blacked out. Let's get wild without getting sick. Let's get turnt while staying woke."
User avatar

incoherent grunting
 
Posts: 9559
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:21 pm
Location: life's a beach

Postby number none » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 pm

Marza wrote:but wouldn't this kind of high-budget re-imagination be the best outcome we'd be hoping for if Aladdin/TLK was up for grabs by anyone?


Aladdin is up for grabs by anyone. As is essentially every classic Disney movie apart from The Lion King
User avatar

number none
 
Posts: 30839
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:00 am

Postby easy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:11 pm

incoherent grunting wrote:Did zazu get written out of the remake?

no hes john oliver
User avatar

easy
does it
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby easy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:12 pm

I can’t wait for Zazu to turn to Simba and yell at him, “NO Simba, you canNOT go to the elephant graveyard, SIMBA! I don’t care if your dad is the king, Simba, it’s too dangerous. ITS TOO DANGEROUS. moving on,”
User avatar

easy
does it
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Postby scrambled » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:15 pm

i feel like donald glover being a sincere simba is gonna be jarring for anyone between the ages of like 18 - 40
User avatar

scrambled
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:07 am

Postby NegativeCapability » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:18 pm

loaf angel wrote:they should let Abel Ferrara direct this


:lol:
Stabbing me 11 times only pissed me off.
User avatar

NegativeCapability
 
Posts: 4371
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:33 pm
Location: down at the laundrymat

Postby saranclaps » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Franco wrote:
saranclaps wrote:other than ron howard, is there a director with less of an aesthetic or worldview than jon favreau?


Plus JJ. Buncha Spielberg students that missed a couple of pivotal classes
Not a bad choice, but I'd argue JJ actually has slightly more of a worldview or at least aesthetic than Favreau or Howard.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
User avatar

saranclaps
 
Posts: 20731
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: vasing for interludes

Postby saranclaps » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Marza wrote:There are more movies coming out than ever before, what does it matter if the high budget ones are cash grabs? It doesn't detract from how much I enjoy the original movies.

Like everyone hates the mouse for manipulating/writing IP law for the last 50 years, but wouldn't this kind of high-budget re-imagination be the best outcome we'd be hoping for if Aladdin/TLK was up for grabs by anyone?
Netflix should commission a doc on that guy who Disney sued out of existence for writing an article on how Mickey Mouse should be in the public domain.
Real Love wrote:every once in a while saranclaps will try to do a funny and it's an extremely off note but I'm not totally convinced he's aware of what is happening
User avatar

saranclaps
 
Posts: 20731
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:49 pm
Location: vasing for interludes

Postby Franco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:13 pm

There should just be a general Disney/Pixar thread. There’s a lot going on
User avatar

Franco
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

Postby Franco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:15 pm

For instance Ralph Breaks the Internet was an insane, Disney-cannibalistic tour de force
User avatar

Franco
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

Postby pana » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Franco wrote:There should just be a general Disney/Pixar thread. There’s a lot going on

i did it

guess i should watch the new Ralph movie. my niece loved it but still hasn't seen the original
User avatar

pana
 
Posts: 67854
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Postby Franco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:24 pm

Nice. well the back half of Ralph had a lot going on. Vanellope’s arc was really touching.All the Disney princesses told her that she needs to look at a body of water and she will start singing a song that reveals her true desires. Tons of in jokes but the pay off actually worked. They all teamed up save Ralph’s life at the end tooToggle Spoiler.
User avatar

Franco
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

Postby OLD SAINT RIXX » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Franco wrote:Nice. well the back half of Ralph had a lot going on. Vanellope’s arc was really touching.All the Disney princesses told her that she needs to look at a body of water and she will start singing a song that reveals her true desires. Tons of in jokes but the pay off actually worked. They all teamed up save Ralph’s life at the end tooToggle Spoiler.


Can you spoil what the viral meme scene they created for this movie was? I will never see the movie but I read an article that talked about how they analyzed thousands of memes in order to try and create something that felt like it couldve authentically gone viral IRL. I'm just curious what they ended up with
User avatar

OLD SAINT RIXX
 
Posts: 10331
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 12:08 pm
Location: nonchalant

Postby Franco » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:40 pm

RIXX wrote:
Franco wrote:Nice. well the back half of Ralph had a lot going on. Vanellope’s arc was really touching.All the Disney princesses told her that she needs to look at a body of water and she will start singing a song that reveals her true desires. Tons of in jokes but the pay off actually worked. They all teamed up save Ralph’s life at the end tooToggle Spoiler.


Can you spoil what the viral meme scene they created for this movie was? I will never see the movie but I read an article that talked about how they analyzed thousands of memes in order to try and create something that felt like it couldve authentically gone viral IRL. I'm just curious what they ended up with


The initial one was Ralph talking while a leaf blower ran in his face lol. Then the Buzztube Algorithm (Taraji P Henson) advised him on other formats to build a following- hot pepper challenge, unboxing, put his head on the screaming goat, and the last one confused me, bee punsToggle Spoiler

I’m ready to hate and laugh at Disney as much as the next guy. But the movies keep being good. This was a WILD one. And worth a watch
User avatar

Franco
 
Posts: 12348
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albatross, Bad Craziness, Bartatua, Birds vs Worms, Brevity, cam'ron hubbard, chairkicker, Curling, DasLofGang, fester, Getbetter, Google [Bot], haddonfield, hansibansix, inmate, jalapeño ranch, jca, Longarm, mactheo, mego, Milquetoaster Strudels, murderhorn, my piano, new blood,, No Good Advice, Poptone, potentialgetawaydriver, quilty, ric_joe, ruse, Science, scrumptown, shacky, Slay Da Pink Fleshy Beast, Sobieski, spix et chicho, sunrise, THB, worrywort, Zardoz