cant rn but maybe later tn
milknight

Postby nautical hyperblast » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Coca Cola wrote:down, make a arena

ok cool
lemme know when ready. i'll keep refreshing this
nautical hyperblast

Postby traced out » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 pm

milknight wrote:also you can make any level a FD or battlefield, so you can do what you want if im understanding correctly

EDIT: except the moving levels i think. but you can def do like, dreamland, pokemon stadium, etc

i want to play the other tourney levels online, not battlefield or fd which arent great levels
traced out

Postby Alice » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Anyone want to play a few rounds? I’ll be around for 30 minutes or so. Post an arena code and I’ll join you
Alice

Postby hatertime » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:11 pm

Yeah let's do it.

MBCMS
hatertime

Postby furrowed brow » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:12 pm

milknight wrote:yeah i like that too, but it will probably get less like that as time goes on (but i hope thats not the case!). at least the "meta" probably wont get settled for a while since theres still 5 new characters and patches to come

The meta will likely be very complex for a long time, given there are 74 or however many characters (think about how many match-ups that is). Smash 4's character meta was already much more diverse than Melee's.
furrowed brow

Postby milknight » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:42 pm

traced out wrote:
milknight wrote:also you can make any level a FD or battlefield, so you can do what you want if im understanding correctly

EDIT: except the moving levels i think. but you can def do like, dreamland, pokemon stadium, etc

i want to play the other tourney levels online, not battlefield or fd which arent great levels

you... can? i dont think im understanding you but theres an option on stage select that turns every possible level into a tourney level
milknight

Postby hatertime » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:03 am

ggs, Alice!
hatertime

Postby lil bro » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 am

milknight wrote:
traced out wrote:

you... can? i dont think im understanding you but theres an option on stage select that turns every possible level into a tourney level

think he's talking about stuff like smashville/lylat/yoshis island/kalos which i think are all legal. if you put on BF versions they just become the tri-plat. a lot of people online play FD/BF variations only which i think is the complaint and its valid, tri-plat and flat FD get kinda boring when that's basically the only type of stage you match up with on quickplay that isn't an obviously bad stage like distant planet or mario galaxy. wish you could do combination of hazards off for those ones and then FD/BF variations of everything else!
frig
lil bro

Postby Alice » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:24 am

ggs.

Should we try and set up a HPN Smash Ultimate tourney sometime? Anyone interested? We could do all the matches over a week or something and just use arenas and the thread for setting up individual matches and keeping up with a bracket. We could do a best out of 3 or one-off match ups.

I can set it up. If you’re interested then make a post and I’ll keep a running list. We can do it after Piranha Plant comes out in February.
Alice

Postby Coca Cola » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 am

ya lets do it
Coca Cola

Postby milknight » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 am

im down
milknight

Postby milknight » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:37 am

lil bro wrote:
milknight wrote:
traced out wrote:

think he's talking about stuff like smashville/lylat/yoshis island/kalos which i think are all legal. if you put on BF versions they just become the tri-plat. a lot of people online play FD/BF variations only which i think is the complaint and its valid, tri-plat and flat FD get kinda boring when that's basically the only type of stage you match up with on quickplay that isn't an obviously bad stage like distant planet or mario galaxy. wish you could do combination of hazards off for those ones and then FD/BF variations of everything else!

oh i see like the one long platform version of smashville? yeah that is annoying. sometimes i feel like nintendo just ignores that people want to play this game as an e sport
milknight

Postby hatertime » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 am

I'm down
hatertime

Postby milano boy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:27 am

Also down
milano boy

Postby fuckyoudad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:47 am

I’ll get immediately spanked, no question, but if you need players I could be down
Note: mildly comedic.
fuckyoudad

Postby lil bro » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:41 am

milknight wrote:
lil bro wrote:
milknight wrote:
traced out wrote:

oh i see like the one long platform version of smashville? yeah that is annoying. sometimes i feel like nintendo just ignores that people want to play this game as an e sport

have u seen the ruleset for the tourney they're doing? it's like a sick joke:
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/events/ssbu-nao-2019-official-rules/

TIME ONLY (no stocks)/items on low/smash balls (not even meter wtf)/seems like no stage bans

and apparently the 'finals' will be 3v3 teams squad strike LMAO
Last edited by lil bro on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
frig
lil bro

Postby pablito » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 am

i would like to make my hpn smash debut in this tourney
pablito

Location: chicago illinois, pm me for address, come fucking fight me

Postby Kenny » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:47 am

I don't think I'm good enough to play in any tourney, but I'll do it anyway. Someone's gotta be bottom.
Image [PEACE] [LOVE] [UNITY] [RESPECT] ImageImage

You are a sacred being of light projected into reality for a purpose. Demand the right to your moment in this holographic gift with no rules, no borders, except for those who you choose to accept and live by.
Kenny
"Two Phones" Maccabee

Postby lil bro » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:13 pm

also just got around to watch some of glitch/not sure if y'all are that into the tourneys, but light/ZD tearing up top smash 4 players is nuts! fox looks amazing in this one. tweek on TSM now is huge too.
frig
lil bro

Postby Alice » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:47 pm

I’d like to have either 16 or 32 entries for the tourney and we made it!

Our participants are:

Alice
Autarch
banquo
benj
bluemovers
buriedinspace
carrot
Coca Cola
Cone
cubistcastle
Ddiamondd
Double McDouble
fuckyoudad
gordie blue eyes
hatertime
kid_chameleon
kirito
Kuboaa
lil bro
milano boy
milknight
nautical hyperblast
new blood, old hat
pablito
Ray Blanchard, PhD
scornyorno
Stuntman
The Unblinking Eye
traced out
yungboi
Zardoz

Standbys:
* not currently counted towards 32 participants

surly
dusky

31 has been reached! That makes a perfect, easy-to-setup bracket. Thanks everybody! I’ll have details forthcoming.
Last edited by Alice on Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:02 am, edited 32 times in total.
Alice

Postby The Unblinking Eye » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm in
The Unblinking Eye

Postby nautical hyperblast » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 pm

i'm in too
nautical hyperblast

Postby pablito » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 pm

fuckyoudad wrote:I’ll get immediately spanked, no question, but if you need players I could be down

Kenny wrote:I don't think I'm good enough to play in any tourney, but I'll do it anyway. Someone's gotta be bottom.

im in the same boat. i think we should be called the triple entaunt
pablito

Postby pablito » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:39 pm

cuz i dunno about you but i simply love to do a taunt
pablito

Postby yungboi » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:19 pm

please add me to the tournament
yungboi

Postby Alice » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:27 pm

I’m just gonna casually namecheck everyone else who has posted in this thread to see if they can join. If anyone below wants to signup then you’ll be a standby in case someone has to drop out.

Arturo, Cronos, domesticwhite, scurrydog, shirts optional

I’m thinking we do it a week after Piranha Plant releases.

Something like the bracket is released and all players will have a 4 day period to complete their first round sets and communicate with their opponent via thread, PM or discord, etc. Each matchup determined by a best 2 out of 3.

Then another 4 day period for the round 2 battles. We can wrap up the final battles over another 4 days or less. We can progress things quicker if 4 days per round seems like too slow of a window. I figure since we all might have timezone differences, jobs, and a multitude of other life priorities we can keep the pace a bit more relaxed.

I guess if your pairing has lag issues then a laghell one-off would suffice if both parties agree to it. If someone doesn’t show then someone can either auto advance, or we can set up a quickie redemption bracket each round if we end up with an odd number of entries or a no-show.

If this one works out and we get enough people I’d love to try a 2v2 bracket too.
Last edited by Alice on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Alice

Postby yungboi » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:30 pm

ahhhh this will be so fun
yungboi

Postby traced out » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:38 pm

yeah sure im down
traced out

PreviousNext

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....