Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your ass in

Postby Tar Pit » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm

https://614now.com/2019/leisure/everything-we-know-about-new-secret-music-society-in-downtown-columbus?fbclid=IwAR3oeiT5a-1nvAikGXxX9Suy0Iaf-AMVMoihaoZSGSsLuF315Fry7xtGXqY

Everything we know about new secret music society in downtown Columbus

Are you a trusted music lover of Columbus? Then you may be brought into The Parlor clique.

Advertising themselves as a secret concert company in downtown, The Parlor’s mission is to host intimate concerts from “trusted artists” for a carefully-curated connection of members.

The hope is to put on several shows each month at a yet-to-be-revealed location along High Street in downtown.

The venue will seat up to 30 people in search of a “deeper culture,” according to The Parlor’s Facebook bio.

Stadium seating and free libations from North High Brewing will keep guests comfortable and hydrated.

But, being a part of the small, secret music society will take more than just buying a ticket and showing up early.

“Beginning January 2019, we’ll review membership applications and accept a maximum of 201 members at The Parlor,” wrote the grassroots movement on Facebook.

They warn that some ticket buyers may be refunded after purchase if they jeopardize the secrecy of The Parlor or are not a primary or secondary relation to a member.

Talk about exclusive…

According to the Facebook page, the inaugural event at The Parlor was a performance from local act Hebdo.

Coming up on the events schedule is Hello Emerson, James Taylor Night, Anthony Mossburg, Zoo Trippin’, and The Shaw Brothers.

“Together, we’ll enjoy some of the best drinks and music, in an intimate environment that we probably shouldn’t tell everyone about,” wrote The Parlor.

From an email they've been apparently sending out:

A First Look at The Parlor Artists set out to build a new music venue for community in downtown Columbus to connect in -- without the loud speakers, crowds, and pressure to drink alcohol. After months of planning and renovations, The Parlor is launching as a speakeasy music venue.

After A Decade of Organizing Concerts...

The Parlor has emerged as a new speakeasy music venue in Downtown Columbus.

"It feels real to be in a home and see the power of music connecting people. It feels right to pay artists a strong guarantee and not have to push alcohol on the audience. That's the model for a new music venue we set out to create." - Founder, The Parlor

To accomplish this, The Parlor removed the heavy lighting, big speakers, and planned for a smaller audience instead of a large crowd. They event established a partnership with North High Brewing to remove the pressure to push alcohol on the audience. Audience just get drinks for free. What emerged is a secret, home environment where major local and touring acts perform for a group of true benefactors. You won't believe it until you see it. But here's how it works: Buy a ticket to a "secret location" in Downtown Columbus. Parking is anywhere near Mound and High Street. After your purchase, a review team determines whether to admit or refund your ticket purchase. If admitted, the adventure begins. You'll be sent clear directions for how to access the speakeasy music venue. You'll arrive to a group of professionals gathered around indoor stadium seating. Everyone gets a great seat, perfect view of the stage, and listening room experience. North High Brewing provides (2) drinks for free during each show. Or, like a dinner party, you can BYO

Speakeasy You'd never believe it was here. Located in a secret location on high street, The Parlor is in a part of downtown no one really looks at. But back in The Gatsby Era, many entrepreneurs lived and thrived here.

Music Venue In January 2019, our stage is becoming a private haven to local and touring singer/songwriters, rock bands who dare to perform acoustic, jazz trios, and poets. These artists will be welcomed by a renaissance community of benefactors. Together, we'll attract the attention of some of the most emerging artists in the city and country.

Upcoming Shows

Memberships Capacity is limited. To achieve our vision for quality, connectivity, and community, some events will become completely privatized in 2019. Membership benefits will be announced soon.

The Oath of Secrecy:

All who enter must have a ticket and must take an oath of secrecy. After completing this oath, you will be among the first to sign our stage.

"I, (name), do solemnly and sincerely promise and swear that I will truly and faithfully, and to the greatest of resilience against my friends' demands, keep the location of The Parlor a secret, so help me God."

tickets for shows are $40, btw
Tar Pit

Postby NegativeCapability » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 pm

lol
Back where I bong... behind my desk, changing the world. Using that giant brain to make some magic.
NegativeCapability

Location: formerly earth rocking and now #TRUTHBOMBING in undisclosed location in filthy Europe

Postby PROBLEMATIC » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:26 pm

It might be refreshing to take an oath for some fucking nerds once in a while
PROBLEMATIC
clown is my friend

Postby emotional fascism » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:36 pm

think i see some https://www.ilxor.com alum there
emotional fascism

Postby dvr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:07 pm

sweater vests and tim armstrong worship. must be good
dvr

Postby death is my amigo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 pm

that room is so bright
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby death is my amigo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:33 pm

where can i sign up to watch an acoustic show in a dentist's office
REAL BASED SLOB wrote:after the javy home run WGN came back with an extended fan cam sequence soundtracked by meat puppets - up on the sun and i've just been doing bong rips and jamming meat puppets since
death is my amigo
ok

Postby WaltonGoggins » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:33 pm

kind of reminds me of that Sofar Sounds garbage I've been getting ads for incessantly
WaltonGoggins

Postby dvr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:50 pm

death is my amigo wrote:where can i sign up to watch an acoustic show in a dentist's office

dvr

Postby WeirdJungle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:58 pm

i was pretty sure the fake speakeasy trend had peaked by now, but then again, we're talking about Columbus
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WeirdJungle

Postby gambra » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Who's going to be first to triangulate the location based on the buildings you see outside the window.
THIS IMPACT WILL CONTROL ALL MARGINS

Scrumptious Justice 8-) wrote:man don't be mean to gambra
gambra

Postby howiep » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Chicago has a similar thing with SoFar Sounds. I think they are very dumb.
howiep

Postby WeirdJungle » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm

I used to share a practice space with a guy who worked for "Seattle Secret Shows" and was really earnestly into it. Every conversation with him felt like trying to talk my way out of a $40 scam.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WeirdJungle

Postby Tar Pit » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:00 am

You must pay 40 bones to see this

Tar Pit

Postby Milquetoaster Strudels » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 am

Finally bad '90s alternative rock without those damn drums and bass guitars
Milquetoaster Strudels

Postby WussWayne » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 am

howiep wrote:Chicago has a similar thing with SoFar Sounds. I think they are very dumb.

There's a SoFar Sounds here as well who seem to try and convince you they're cool by putting their events at random places not mentioned till almost d-day.

Their events also suck ass
WussWayne

Postby blogger status » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:22 am

holy shit i missed this

but yeah fuck everything about this

lol $40

this is fucked on a number of levels but man the fact that there is a thread here fuuuuuck

fuck all this

this shit makes the city look bad

scene here is fine for real

fuck this trash
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status
gotta have some faith in the sound

Postby blogger status » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:22 am

hi i live in columbus AMA
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status

Postby blogger status » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:24 am

tar pit do i know you
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status

Postby blogger status » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:25 am

gambra wrote:Who's going to be first to triangulate the location based on the buildings you see outside the window.

its across from the court house

https://www.reddit.com/r/Columbus/comme ... speakeasy/
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status

Postby fresh » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 am

it’s okay if you’re not a member you don’t have to be jealous
"Proof that I am not an indie rock snob: I really don't like the Shins."
fresh

Postby blogger status » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:28 am

uncle bob was at the record store yesterday

ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status

Postby alaska » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:33 am

blogger status do u like columbus
mactheo wrote:
Emily Dickinson wrote:Our lives are ... so cool
alaska
ride.

Postby blogger status » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:34 am

alaska wrote:blogger status do u like columbus

for the most part yes
ROCK LIFE EVERY NIGHT
blogger status

Postby virile » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:36 am

i thought it said high enough and the answer was yes
when i looked closer and saw it was hip enough the answer is no
virile

Postby Cronos » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:39 am

If anyone here works for the Parlor please PM me. I'm working on API integration for MAEP 2.0 and live concerts.
Cronos

Return to Mamma Mia... Here We Go Again....